Apple iPhone 4S is being sold in stores on Friday. iPhone users have been anticipating the arrival of the iPhone 4S, so much so that pre-orders for the new smartphone sold out ahead of the store launch, according to AT&T, Verizon and Sprint's Web sites.
The waiting period on preorders is now three to four weeks. However, Sprint is still taking preorders for iPhone with higher memory.
There were some reported disappointments that Apple didn't release an iPhone 5, rather an upgraded version of the iPhone 4. However, amidst those disappointments the iPhone 4S still managed to rake in more than one million preorders within the first 24 hours of its launch. The new device has set a new record, as it beat the old record of 600,000 sales for the iPhone 4.
The iPhone 4S not only looks like its predecessor the iPhone 4, but it also comes with many upgrades that were rumored for the iPhone 5 and much more. Some of those upgrades include: a dual-core A5 chip for faster graphics and better gaming quality; an 8-megapixel camera with full HD video recording; Siri, a revolutionary voice-controlled personal assistant, and a better battery life that offers eight hours of talk time and 40 hours of music listening capability.
The pricing for the new iPhone 4S is also a steal. it will be sold at $199 with a two-year carrier contract and will be available in black and white.
Intrigued yet? Sure you are and so are many others who be forming huge lines at retail outlets in order to get their hands on one.
Here's where you can get yours.
- Apple: Regardless of the carrier you are with the different Apple stores nationwide will have the iPhone 4S from all wireless providers. But you might want to camp out to catch this one if you want to get a good spot in the lines, as the doors open at 8 a.m. Bring things that will make you comfy such as a chair, possibly sunscreen, an umbrella and please bring water so you can hydrate. Go here to locate a store near you.
- AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint: These three top carriers will also have the iPhone4S on sale at their store locations on Friday. The store hours vary by location so should check with your local stores to ensure you don't miss out on your new iPhone 4S.
- Sam's Club: If you are a Sam's Club member then you can preorder the iPhone 4S through its Web site. Not yet a member, then you can become one, as memberships start at $40 a year. Sam's Club will continue to take preorders while the phones are still available and will hold your device at the store. It will have open sales of AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint devices while supplies last.
- Radio Shack: Radio Shack will have some of the iPhone 4S in stock, but it probably won't be as many as the carriers will have. Therefore, it will greatly help if you get in line early. One thing is certain, Radio Shack will have the device for all three wireless carriers.
- Target: You will also get the iPhone 4S from all three carriers at Target. Target will allow you to trade in your iPhone 4 and put the money toward the purchase of a new 4S.
- Best Buy: It is sure have many iPhone 4S device in stock, and as with other locations you must get there early in order to snag one of the devices from your preferred carrier.