Fans of Kane Beef may want to trash their latest products by the meat processing company. Sam Kane Beef Processors, LLC, in Corpus Christi, Texas, recently recalled approximately 60,350 pounds of ground beef products after a customer called and complained about a package of ground beef being contaminated with foreign materials, RGVProud.com reported.

Although Kane Beef produces beef for various meat companies, only the Hill Country Fare brand ground beef has been recalled. Recalls have been listed for the following:

1. Three pound packages of Hill Country Fare Ground Beef, 73 percent lean, 27 percent fat, with establishment number 337 and a use by date of Aug. 15, 2016.

2. Five pound packages of Hill Country Fare Ground Beef, 73 percent lean, 27 percent fat, with establishment number 337 and a use by date of Aug. 15, 206.

3. 10 pound packages of Hill Country Fare Ground Beef, 73percent lean, 27 percent fat, bearing establishment number 337 and a use by date of Aug. 15, 2016.

No other Kane Beef products were mentioned in the recall.

Although no injuries or illness have been reported, the beef producers decided to issue a recall for preventative measures as ingesting metal can lead to lead poisoning.

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), the foreign materials discovered in the beef were specifically metal. It has yet to be revealed how the metal got into the beef.

Customers who may have purchased any of the meat products listed above are being urged not to consume them but simply dispose of the ground beef altogether.

Consumers with questions or concerns regarding the recall can contact Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Mysti Richardson, Director of Marketing, at (361) 241-5000, ext. 241. Customers with questions regarding food safety can contact “Ask Karen,” the FSIS round-the-clock virtual representative at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov.

Full refunds will be given once returning the affected product to the store from which it was bought, according to the Food Poisoning Bulletin.