The Super Bowl is about more than football, wings and beer. It's also about music. For nearly 13 minutes on Sunday, pop star Katy Perry will take the stage for what she's calling "the biggest event of my career" -- the vaunted halftime show. Indeed, all eyes will be on her. More than 115 million people watched Bruno Mars croon at the Super Bowl last year, so Perry has been preparing her colorful wardrobe for a great show. But are you up to speed? Here are 15 little-known facts about Perry:
1. Katy Perry is not her real name. She was born Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson, and, in fact, her first album was titled "Katy Hudson." She changed her name to avoid being confused with actress Kate Hudson.
2. That debut album was Christian rock and sold fewer than 200 copies when it was first released. She had a songwriting credit on all 10 songs.
3. Perry grew up in an extremely religious household, to the extent that she had to call "deviled eggs" "angeled eggs," according to one biography. Her parents were born-again Christians.
4. Perry is the No. 1 most popular Twitter user, with more than 64 million followers. She nabbed the top spot from Justin Bieber in 2013.
5. Her fans call themselves KatyCats. She has an actual Maine Coon cat named Kitty Purry.
6. When she turned 28 in 2012, Perry celebrated her birthday by having lunch with First Lady Michelle Obama.
7. She once guest starred on the soap opera "The Young and the Restless." See the clip here.
8. Perry was married to English comedian Russell Brand for 14 months, from 2010 to 2011. She later dated John Mayer, with whom she was spotted reuniting earlier this month.
9. Perry's breakaway hit "I Kissed a Girl" was actually her second single. The first was "Ur So Gay."
10. After Perry performed her hit "I Kissed a Girl" on "The View" in 2008, Whoopi Goldberg kissed her.
11. Perry has twerked with former Beatle Paul McCartney, according to the Huffington Post.
12. The first 300,000 copies of Perry's 2013 album "Prism" came with seed paper that fans were encouraged to plant. Australian officials took issue with this because the seeds weren't native to the land down under. They deemed "Prism" a biohazard.
13. Perry's mom once dated Jimi Hendrix.
14. Perry's 2010 album "Teenage Dream" had five No. 1 singles on it -- the most since Michael Jackson's 1987 record "Bad."
15. Her best celebrity friends are Rihanna, Adele and Ellie Goulding. But she's in a huge feud with Taylor Swift, and the drama could even make the halftime show. Perry told Billboard, "you're going to hear about it."