Kim Kardashian will once again be a single lady. Her relatively unknown first marriage was at the age of 20, to music producer Damon Thomas. That relationship lasted four years, ending in 2004, after which Kim dated R&B singer Ray J, who starred in her infamous sex tape which was leaked to the public in 2007.
Here are more little-known facts about this reality television darling who has filed for a divorce from her husband and NBA player Kris Humphries.
1. Middle Name - Kim Kardashian's middle name is Noel and her first name - Kimberly - was shortened to Kim.
2. Meaning of Kardashian- Her last name in Armenian means son of a stonemason. Although only half-Armenian, she states that she was raised with a huge Armenian influence, always hearing stories of Armenia, eating Armenian food and celebrating Armenian holidays.
3. Relationship with Paris Hilton - Kim and Paris have seen several highs and lows throughout their relationship. It was Paris who introduced Kim to the socialite scene in Hollywood in 2007. However, their relationship was strained after Kim shot to fame dramatically, often overshadowing Paris.
Paris used to command $100,000 for club appearances, but now Kim is the hottest girl -- and they aren't friends anymore, a November 2009 report stated.
4. Give a Damn Campaign - Kim is an active member of the Give a Damn campaign, an organization that supports the rights of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.
5. Kim's Father was O.J. Simpson's Attorney - Robert Kardashian, Kim's father and a third-generation Armenian American, was an attorney for actor and football star O.J. Simpson in 1995, during his infamous murder trial, where accused him of murdering his ex-wife and her friend.
6. Six Public Relationships - After separating from her first husband, Damon Thomas, Kim dated R&B singer Ray J, NFL star Reggie Bush and Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Miles Austin. She was also seen with model Gabriel Aubry. She married Kris Humphries, in a lavish affair, on Aug. 20.
7. PETA and Kim Have Always Been at Loggerheads - Kim stirred up controversy, posting a photograph on Twitter of her holding a cat by the scruff of its neck. Her excessive use of fur coats has also always attracted criticism from PETA.
8. Supporter for Recognition of the Armenian Genocide - The Armenian genocide refers to the killing of the Armenian population of the Ottoman Empire during and just after World War I. Kardashian has always been a supporter for recognizing the genocide as such and has encouraged President Barack Obama and the U.S. government to consider its acknowledgement.