With the Uruguayan netting 12 goals in 16 games for the Reds so far this campaign, reports had suggested that big-spending City were prepared to offer £40 million in an attempt to lure him away from Anfield in January. But Suarez has revealed that he is relishing life at Liverpool.
“I have a very long contract here and it's a dream come true to be playing at a club like Liverpool because, as I've said, as a boy I dreamt of playing for a team like this,” he said, according to Liverpool’s official website.
“Now I'm here, it's all about enjoying myself and trying to be here for as many years as I can, because I'm at a club where I'm very happy, my family is happy, I've got fantastic teammates and a manager from whom I'm learning so much.
"As a player, it's vital to have the backing of your manager and so I think that the confidence Brendan is showing in myself and the team as a whole is very important and it's down to us to repay that trust out there on the pitch."
While Suarez may be staying put, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is all too aware of the need to bring in further firepower to supplement the 25-year-old. One name that has been repeatedly linked to the Reds in recent months is that of Schalke front man Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.
The Netherlands international’s contract is set to expire in the summer and a host of clubs are thought to be eager to acquire his services.
Huntelaar’s agent, Arnold Oosterveer, has claimed that the 29-year-old will decide on his future over the winter.
“He’s had offers from England, Italy and Spain. It’s also possible he could stay in Germany,” Oosterveer said, according to the Sun.
“He wants his future planned by the winter.
“In the next 45 days he wants to know his next project and it will be decided by his football ambitions and not by money.
“His dream is to fight to win titles in Europe and to have chances to be successful, because today he is one of the best strikers in Europe.”
Liverpool have also been mentioned as potential suitors for Anzhi Makhachkala striker Lacina Traore. The giant Ivory Coast international recently scored the only goal of the game as Anzhi defeated the Reds 1-0 in Russia in the Europa League.
Traore also scored on his debut for the Ivory Coast on Wednesday and has received interest from both Liverpool and Udinese, according to his agent Dmitry Selyuk.
"Aside from Liverpool, Udinese are another on the list of clubs to have made contact about the purchase of Traore," Selyuk revealed, according to ESPN. "I'm afraid the Italian side won't be able to meet the player's valuation."
"At the moment Lacina is happy with his situation at Anzhi. Not long ago he signed a contract until June 2016. There's no reason for Traore to rush."
Liverpool could be set to renew their interest in a reported long-standing target. According to Spanish publication Marca, Barcelona youngster Cristian Tello’s contract negotiations have stalled over the value of his buyout clause.
Liverpool and Arsenal were linked to the winger during the summer and the Daily Star claims that both clubs have been put on alert over the latest developments.