Despite their success in the cup competitions this season, Liverpool's owners know that real progress can only be measured by qualification for the Champions League. And John W. Henry and co. will surely except nothing less than that next term.
For that to happen, though, further investment in the playing squad is needed. One man who could add some pace and creativity to the right side of Liverpool's attack is Milos Krasic.
The Serbian has been out of favor at Juventus under Antonio Conte, playing just over 21 minutes in 2012. After turning down a move away from Turin in January, the 27-year-old has now reportedly decided that his future lies elsewhere.
Will Krasic leave Juventus? Yes, of course, Krasic's representative Dejan Joksimovic said, according to Tribal Football.
He wants to leave, he has not played enough this season and that's why his time in Turin is finished. I don't understand why this has happened, only Conte knows why.
Tottenham or Liverpool? There is no specific club at the moment. Milos has many options and he won't remain in Italy.
Liverpool could also move for former Barcelona youngster Bojan Krkic to improve their lackluster attack this summer. The 21-year-old has endured a difficult first season in Serie A with Roma. And with coach Luis Enrique, who brought the Spanish international with him from the Camp Nou last summer, reportedly saying on Thursday that he will walk away from the club at the end of the season, Krkic's future is in doubt.
I'm hoping that the solution will be sorted in the next few weeks, Krkic said, according to the Daily Mirror. My agent is working on the matter and I will make the decision on my future.
The forward line at Anfield could be well stocked come the start of the new campaign with reports in Italy claiming that Liverpool are also looking at Goran Pandev. The versatile 28-year-old forward is currently on-loan at Napoli from Inter and is also being pursued by Tottenham, according to Tribal Football.
If those options don't come off then Liverpool may look closer to home and a deal for Wigan's Victor Moses. The 21-year-old's contract expires at the end of next season and Moses has so far refused to agree a new deal. After impressing as Wigan has put together a remarkable run of form to achieve Premier League safety, the Nigerian international is sure to be in demand.
Liverpool is reported to be interested, but Latics boss Roberto Martinez still hopes to hang onto one of his prized assets.
Obviously with the ones that are out of contract, it is something we need to accept-there are certain individual circumstances where some of the players need a new chapter or moment in their careers, he said, according to the Sun.
But I don't expect to lose anyone who is under contract.
With Dirk Kuyt looking almost certain to depart the club this summer it appears that Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish and the other decision makers at Anfield are seeking replacements to play on the right side of their attack.
With that in mind, Metro reports that the Reds are lining up a move for Real Madrid's Hamit Altintop. The Turkish international has rarely featured at the Bernabeu since his Bosman move from Bayern Munich last summer.
A bid of £2 million could be enough to secure the versatile 29-year-old.
Speculation has also run rampant in recent days that Liverpool are close to signing Rasmus Elm. The Daily Star now reports that the club will try to wrap up a £7 million deal for the Swedish international before Euro 2012.
The story claims that Newcastle has become interested in the AZ Alkmaar midfielder and Liverpool are eager to avoid getting into a bidding war, particularly if Elm impresses this summer.
Sports reporter, mainly focusing on my native sport of soccer, but also dabbling in some tennis and Formula One.