Lockheed Martin Corp. filed a temporary injunction Friday seeking to halt Oshkosh Corp.’s manufacturing of thousands of new trucks for the U.S. Army to replace aging Humvee combat vehicles. The move comes a day after Lockheed sued the Pentagon over its decision to award the $6.75 billion contract for 17,000 new trucks to Oshkosh.

"We look forward to having our Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) complaint heard, and all evidence evaluated, by the Court of Federal Claims," Lockheed said in a statement, according to Reuters.

John Urias, president of Oshkosh’s defense unit, said that the work would continue “at full speed.”

“We are confident that the Army conducted a thorough, methodical procurement including exhaustive testing and evaluation to ensure our troops get the best vehicle, and any further delay to the JLTV program would be unwarranted,” Urias said in a statement, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Oshkosh resumed work on the project Tuesday after three months when it was forced to stop following a protest lodged by Lockheed. The Government Accountability Office rejected Lockheed's challenge earlier this week.

Lockheed, the world’s largest defense company by sales, issued statement Thursday after it filed the lawsuit against Pentagon saying that it was looking “forward to working with all parties involved on the next steps.”

“After careful consideration of all options, Lockheed Martin decided to file a complaint with the Court of Federal Claims concerning our Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) contract award process,” the Maryland-based defense contractor said.

The Army reportedly plans to spend about $30 billion to buy a total of about 55,000 of the multipurpose vehicles for its troops and the Marine Corps through 2040.