In the last few months, Lupita Nyong'o has taken Tinsletown by storm with her gracious personality, immaculate personal style and all-around beauty. The 30-year-old actress' stellar performance as Patsey in Steve McQueen's award-winning movie "12 Years a Slave" commanded rave reviews, launching her -- and her gorgeous, chocolate skin tone -- into the Hollywood spotlight.
But how much do you really know about the film industry's new "it" girl? Below we've gathered 12 need-to-know facts about the flawless Lupita Nyong'o:
1. She was born in Mexico City but raised in Kenya.
2. Her father, Peter Anyang' Nyong'o is a prominent Kenyan politician.
3. She graduated from the Yale School of Drama in 2012 with a master's degree in acting, reports The Root.
4. The powerhouse actress stands at only 5 feet 5 inches tall.
5. She is a New Yorker who calls Brooklyn home.
6. The next role for her is in the film "Non-Stop." The movie also features Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore and Michelle Dockery.
7. She won the 2014 Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role as Patsey in "12 Years a Slave."
8. Her performance in "12 Years a Slave" has also earned her an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actress.
9. The fashion world can't get enough of Nyong'o, landing a spot alongside Elle Fanning, Elizabeth Olsen, and Bella Heathcote as the face of Miu Miu's spring ad campaign.
10. Fresh out of Yale, her FIRST acting job was "12 Years a Slave."
- 11. Success runs in her family, seeing that her cousin Isis Nyong'o Madison was recognized as one of Africa's Top 20 Youngest Power Women in Forbes.
12. The multitalented star wrote, produced and directed the 2009 documentary "In My Genes." The film details the individual experiences of people living with albinism in Kenya.
Treye Green is a reporter for The International Business Times and a recent graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Green has shot, edited and...