Celebrated fashion designer L’Wren Scott was found dead of an apparent suicide in her Manhattan apartment on Monday, police sources told the New York Daily News. The 49-year-old, who was a longtime girlfriend of rocker Mick Jagger, was found by her assistant. Her body was reportedly hanging from a scarf on a doorknob at her 200 11th Ave. home around 10 a.m. EDT.

Police insiders told the news site Scott texted her unnamed assistant at 8:30 a.m. and asked she come over. When her assistant arrived, she discovered the former model's 6-foot, 4-inch body and called 911. Police didn’t suspect foul play, but the Medical Examiner Officer will officially determine a cause of death. A suicide note has not been recovered.

The brunette beauty and Rolling Stones legend met in 2001 and had been dating since then. A spokesperson for Jagger told Us Weekly he is "completely shocked and devastated by the news."

The Utah native began her career as a model in Paris soon after she graduated from high school. Scott posed for well-known brands like Chanel and Thierry Mugler, before she moved to California in the early ‘90s and established herself as a stylist. In 2006, she launched her own fashion brand with gowns that A-list celebrities like Angelina Jolie, Sarah Jessica Parker and Nicole Kidman have worn to the Academy Awards, the Daily News said.

The site added she canceled her London Fashion Week show in February.

On Monday, many of her fans were devastated to hear of her passing and took to social media to share their condolences, but to their surprise, Scott’s professional Facebook page continued to post updates even after she died.

“Perfect #houseofscott colour lovely #madamedubarry colours Tim Walker #lwrenloves,” one status read, which was posted at 1:00 p.m. EDT, nearly three hours after she was found hanging. The post confused some people, who weren’t sure if her passing was just a celebrity death hoax and deeply upset people who were already grieving.

But Facebook wasn’t the only place Scott’s updates continued. The 49-year-old apparently didn’t run any of her social media accounts because at 11:00 a.m. EDT a tweet had been posted after she was reportedly dead for nearly an hour. Bryan Boy, a well-known fashion blogger, pointed out the horrifying gaffe to his followers, who were just as upset.

Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella