Is “Mad Men” star Jon Hamm officially single? Unfortunately for Don Draper fans, it appears he's still taken. Hamm has denied a report that his longtime girlfriend, actress Jennifer Westfeldt, dumped him while he was in rehab.
“The story that appeared in this week's edition of In Touch magazine is not true,” Hamm’s representative said in a statement to Us Weekly Wednesday. “The only gentleman Jennifer visited regularly in Connecticut was Jon, while he was in rehab. They continue to ask for the public's understanding and sensitivity during this challenging time.”
Hamm, 44, entered rehab in late February for alcohol abuse. When the actor completed his treatment, his rep specifically noted that Westfeldt, 45, helped him through the process. “With the support of his longtime partner Jennifer Westfeldt, Jon Hamm recently completed treatment for his struggle with alcohol addiction. They have asked for privacy and sensitivity going forward,” the statement said.
While Hamm has been in a relationship with Westfeldt for more than a decade, they keep a low profile. Here are five fast facts we do know about their relationship:
1. Not married – Despite being together for 16 years, they don’t seem to want to get married. In 2012, Hamm explained to Playboy that marriage wasn’t a priority for him. “It was never a discussion. I think marriage often is an arrangement between families more than an arrangement between the two people involved,” Hamm explained. “I don't have a particularly defined example of marriage in my life. My parents got divorced when I was two and never remarried. So it doesn't mean anything to me. I don't mean to say that it shouldn't mean things to other people.”
2. Worked together – The two did work together in the 2011 film “Friends with Kids,” which Westfeldt wrote. However, “Parks and Recreation” star Adam Scott played Westfeldt’s partner while Kristen Wiig portrayed the wife of Hamm’s character.
3. She doesn’t love Hamm’s fame – Westfeldt is thrilled that “Mad Men” has become so successful, but she doesn’t love the level of celebrity that she and her boyfriend have to deal with. “There is a lot of downsides, which is that you sort of, you never quite have privacy again in the way that you hope to in the world, just being able to like walk your dog,” Westfeldt told Broadway.com.
4. No kids – While the two haven’t had children yet, they haven’t completely ruled it out. Yet, neither of them has baby fever. “The chance that we’ll regret it doesn’t seem like a compelling enough reason to do it,” Westfeldt told the New York Times. “I may wake up tomorrow with that lighting bolt, and I’ll have to scramble to make it happen.”
5. She knows how “Mad Men” ends – “I tell her everything!” Hamm told Us Weekly in September when asked if his better half knew how the AMC series ends. “I tell her everything and she definitely knows.” It looks like she’s good at keeping a secret, because fans are still guessing about the ending for Don Draper.