After some minor confusion, “Spotlight” actor Mark Ruffalo said he will attend the 2016 Oscars at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California Sunday, Feb. 28. The star originally said he was unsure about whether he would attend the 88th awards ceremony, even though he is nominated for Best Actor in a Supporting Role.

Even though he supports the Oscars boycott, he wants to bring awareness to victims of clergy sexual abuse. His series of tweets explaining his decision have been posted below:

The movement began after the Oscar nominations were revealed and showed a lack of diversity. Spike Lee and Jada Pinkett Smitth are just some of the stars said they would not attend the ceremony to express their disgruntlement with the Academy Awards.

Earlier in the day, Ruffalo, 48, said he was undecided if he would attend."I’m weighing it, that’s where I’m at right now," he told BBC News, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "I woke up in the morning thinking, 'what is the right way to do this?' Because if you look at Martin Luther King's legacy, what he was saying was that the good people who don’t act are much worse than the wrongdoers who are purposefully not acting and don’t know the right way."

He added:  "It's the entire American system … It's rife with the kind of white privilege racism that goes into our justice system."

Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella