- Brent Down on US Economic Data
June 26 2013 8:30 AM
Brent crude oil slipped on Wednesday after data from the US backed up the Federal Reserve's plan to pare its stimulus program later this year as the nation strengthened.
- India's Central Bank Restricts Lending Against Gold By Rural Banks
June 26 2013 5:23 AM
India's central bank imposed restrictions on lending against gold by rural banks to discourage demand and reduce imports.
- Asian Markets Celebrate US Data, Gold Falls
June 26 2013 2:40 AM
Strong US data helped boost most Asian stocks and drive down gold futures, while the Shanghai index continued to fall, despite PBoC's assurances.
- Malaysian Economy: Votes Of Confidence From World Bank - And The King
June 25 2013 3:46 PM
Southeast Asia's third-largest economy is projected to grow at a rate of 5.1 percent for the next two years, pending necessary economic reforms.
- Commodity Traders Back In Business Thanks To Maersk's Ingenuity
June 25 2013 9:50 AM
Maersk has opened a new transshipping facility in Malaysia offering storage space to commodity traders that will enable shorter shipping times to China.
- Indian Oil Cos Agree To Buy Stake In Mozambique Gas Field For $2.47B
June 25 2013 8:32 AM
Two Indian, state-run oil companies have jointly agreed to buy another Indian company's stake in Mozambique's Rovuma gas field.
- Gold Outlook Weakens On Signs Of US Recovery
June 24 2013 7:33 AM
Gold prices are expected to drop lower this week as a sell-off in gold ETFs continues and after Goldman Sachs lowered forecasts for 2013 and 2014.
- Brent Poised to End the Week on a Low Note
June 21 2013 8:42 AM
Brent crude oil slipped to a one week low at $102.57 at 5:22 GMT on Friday morning. The commodity suffered as investors worried about a weakening Chinese economy and the US Federal Reserve's plan to taper off its stimulus program.
- Global Seafood Prices Have Surged - And That's No Fish Story
June 18 2013 3:33 PM
The U.N.'s global fish price index has jumped 15 percent in May compared to a year ago.
- Societe Generale: Look Before You Leap At Gold
June 17 2013 1:27 PM
The gold price rally in the late 1970s turned out to be a bubble. Societe Generale thinks this time is not much different.
- EU To Approve Significant Merger of NYSE, ICE
June 17 2013 12:57 PM
EU regulators look set to approve an $8.2 billion takeover of NYSE Euronext by Intercontinental Exchange, or ICE.
- Gold Prices Could Swing Upward Wildly: Analysts
June 14 2013 2:35 PM
Two top gold analysts predict that the price of gold could skyrocket by the end of 2013.
- Brent Jumps on Geopolitical Tension
June 14 2013 8:41 AM
After slipping in early on Friday morning due to a bleak global demand outlook and rising US inventories, Brent crude oil bounced over $105 as geopolitical tension in the Middle East threatened to escalate. The commodity traded at $105.27 at 10:30 GMT on Friday morning. Data this week showed that US gasoline stocks on the East Coast were at their highest level since February of 2012.
- Gold Prices To Fall Next Week: Bloomberg Survey
June 14 2013 2:55 AM
Gold prices are expected to fall further as a sell-off in ETFs backed by the precious metal extended to 17 weeks.
- At Ecuador Gold Mine, Canada's Loss May Be China's Gain
June 13 2013 12:25 PM
Canada's Kinross abandoned its project over disputes with the government. Is China now moving into Ecuador's gold-rich Fruta del Norte?
- Is The Sun Setting On China's Solar Panel Boom?
June 13 2013 11:51 AM
China's solar panel industry will have to undergo dramatic consolidations soon to reverse the recent downturn.
- Copper Prices Hit Six-Week Low
June 12 2013 9:54 AM
Goldman Sachs announced it has closed its long position on copper prices due to the metal hitting a six-week low.
- John Mack, Former Morgan Stanley CEO, Joins Glencore Board
June 12 2013 7:58 AM
The former CEO of Morgan Stanley joins Ex-BP chief On Glencore board.
- US Great Lakes Water Levels At Historic Lows - Hurting Vital Northern Waterways
June 12 2013 6:07 AM
Historically low water levels are threatening traffic on the massive network of locks and canals vital to the U.S. and Canada.
- Map: Where Are The World's Shale Oil And Gas Deposits?
June 11 2013 9:43 AM
Did you know Pakistan has as much recoverable shale oil as Canada? The number of known shale deposits is growing.