- Starbucks Defends Frappuccino Trademark Warning To Missouri Brewery
January 03 2014 9:08 AM
Brewpub owner Jeff Britton got a cease-and-desist letter from Starbucks asking him to rename one of his beers.
- American Agriculture 2014: Bearish Signals And Farmland Bubbles Abound
January 01 2014 10:34 AM
Analysts see a fall from recent peaks in industrial agricultural spending by farmers, which could hurt equipment dealers, farmers and farmland investors.
- Gold In 2014: Chinese New Year And U.S. Economic Data Remain Key
December 31 2013 10:45 AM
Gold has had a terrible year, but analysts expect a slightly better outlook for 2014.
- America's Journey From Reefer Madness To Reefer Business
December 31 2013 10:42 AM
Marijuana for recreational use goes on sale in Colorado tomorrow. How we got here is unspooled in this infographic.
- Photo Essay: Digging For White Gold
December 31 2013 9:47 AM
The hilly southern area of Italy's northwestern Piedmont region is the country's capital of white truffles.
- China's Pollution Restricts Creation Of New Farmland
December 30 2013 2:26 PM
As China struggles to feed a growing and increasingly urban population, pollution threatens its ability to expand agricultural production.
- From The Ground Up: Four Reasons (Some) Analysts Are Wrong About Cotton Prices
December 24 2013 12:10 PM
It's too early to be depressed -- or delighted if you're an apparel maker -- about a possible drop in the price of cotton.
- Rio Tinto To Review Stake In Alaska's Pebble Mine Project
December 23 2013 12:07 PM
The decision follows pressure by major pension funds.
- Morgan Stanley Offloading Commodities Business
December 21 2013 1:59 PM
The investment bank announced the sale of oil trading business to Russia’s state-run Rosneft.
- How Climate Change Is Threatening Global Banana Production
December 17 2013 3:07 PM
From Central America to Asia, warming temperatures are threatening the world's banana crops.
- What Aliko Dangote Is Planning
December 17 2013 11:16 AM
Nigerian Aliko Dangote plans to invest $16 billion across infrastructure projects in the energy, agricultural and construction sectors in Africa.
- BP Oil Spill - Don’t Forget Rejected Claims, Alongside Fraudulent Ones: Lawyer
December 16 2013 2:29 PM
A plaintiff's attorney for claimants criticized strict documentation standards needed for claims on BP’s oil spill fund, arguing that thousands are left unpaid even if they suffered damages.
- China’s Gold Demand – Has It Peaked?
December 11 2013 7:49 AM
Chinese consumer demand for gold may reach the highest ever for any country in 2013.
- India's Trade Deficit Narrows
December 11 2013 6:51 AM
A fall in imports of the precious metal helped Asia's third-largest economy post a sharp annual decline in its trade deficit.
- In US, Everyone Is Shipping Crude
December 10 2013 12:00 PM
A record number of oil companies got licenses to ship U.S. crude oil this year, according to government data.
- Tyson's Solution To China's Chicken Problem
December 10 2013 9:51 AM
In a bid to win over the Chinese market with its rampant food safety scares, Tyson is leaving behind a decades-old strategy.
- China 2035 - Talk About Electricity Demand
December 10 2013 8:22 AM
Even with a Chinese economic slowdown, China's total power demand is expected to hit a remarkable level in 2035.
- Gold Hedging Talk Returns: Barclays
December 06 2013 1:07 PM
Should gold miners bet on gold price upswings in the face of rising production costs, or instead protect themselves from volatility?
- Secret Russian Palladium Stockpiles: Runnin' On Empty
December 06 2013 8:57 AM
A leading metals and mining company said the Russian government may no longer have any palladium under its belt.
- China Signs WHO Convention To Curb Tobacco, Then Doubles Production
December 05 2013 3:00 PM
The nation has made relatively few strides in carrying out the WHO's guidelines.