- From The Ground Up: Another Good Week For GMO
December 02 2013 2:38 PM
It's getting harder and harder to make a believable case against genetically modified crops.
- Ukraine’s Ties With Russia And EU: What’s At Stake
December 02 2013 1:20 PM
Has Vladimir Putin overplayed his admittedly powerful hand in dealing with a major southwestern neighbor?
- Trade Chinese Stocks & Copper, In Opposite Directions: Goldman Sachs
December 02 2013 11:01 AM
The bank said this top trade for 2014 best framed risks and rewards related to Chinese economic growth and commodity market risks.
- A Glut Of Oil, But Prices Hang
December 02 2013 10:16 AM
Geopolitics could trump supply-and-demand fundamentals in determining the price of crude oil.
- Japanese Stocks Rallied In November While Gold And Silver Fell Out Of Bed
December 02 2013 8:36 AM
Monetary policy drove equities prices higher in November at the expense of gold and silver.
- Pebble Mine Developer Makes Pitch For Partner, But Also Says He Can Do It Alone
November 27 2013 7:17 AM
Northern Dynasty CEO Ron Thiessen spoke with IBTimes about the Alaskan copper mine proposal.
- How The Iran Nuclear Deal May Affect Currencies, Commodities
November 26 2013 8:27 AM
Oil prices were initially pushed lower, but they quickly recovered after details of the U.S.-Iran nuclear pact were announced.
- Frozen US Turkey Prices Foreshadow Aggressive Supermarket Discounting
November 26 2013 6:29 AM
Frozen turkey prices have reached lows not seen in recent memory, which means large holiday season discounts.
- Gold Glittering A Little Less
November 22 2013 2:04 PM
Key question: Are analysts bearish or bullish on gold in the immediate period ahead?
- Cat Cutting More Jobs
November 22 2013 10:23 AM
Historically a bellwether, Caterpillar's cuts will ripple out to impact the U.S. and global economies.
- From The Ground Up: Agribusiness Stung By EPA Ethanol Decision
November 20 2013 2:15 PM
With overwhelming empirical evidence against forced ethanol use, the EPA had to trim a corporate welfare item.
- Why Commodity Prices May Fall
November 12 2013 12:45 PM
Oil prices have already started heading south. Will other commodities follow?
- Thailand: The Next Sunny Spot In Solar Energy
November 08 2013 12:00 PM
The Thai government is buying electricity from solar power at a premium, making the industry highly lucrative.
- Somaliland’s Oil Minister: East Africa Is The New Middle East
November 08 2013 10:47 AM
A breakaway region of war-torn Somalia may be sitting on an oil bonanza. Among those looking to profit is the former boss of Gulf spill-era BP.
- Global Food Prices Rose In October
November 07 2013 12:53 PM
The FAO has raised its forecast for food-price growth based on measurements of oilseeds, dairy, meat and sugar.
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Steel Sector Shares
November 04 2013 8:38 AM
Steel companies could benefit from recently filed trade cases, Goldman Sachs says.
- Foreign Buyers, Private Equity Spurred Q3 Energy Sector M&A
November 01 2013 11:58 AM
Shale deals generated $5.4 billion, a third of the total deal volume in the M&A sector in the third quarter.
- Opponents Of GMO-Labeling Law Outpace Supporters In Fundraising
October 30 2013 9:54 AM
Opponents of the law have raised $22 million, while supporters have collected a paltry $7 million.
- Emerging Market Slowdown Weighs On Caucasus And Central Asia
October 25 2013 4:44 AM
The energy sector-driven Central Asian nations are growing but it could be a while before they move closer to pre-2008 growth rates.
- Dow Chemical Q3 Earnings Up 20%
October 24 2013 7:48 AM
The nation's biggest chemical company made substantial progress in paying down its debt during the third quarter.