- China 2035 - Talk About Electricity Demand
December 10 2013 8:22 AM
Even with a Chinese economic slowdown, China's total power demand is expected to hit a remarkable level in 2035.
- Gold Hedging Talk Returns: Barclays
December 06 2013 1:07 PM
Should gold miners bet on gold price upswings in the face of rising production costs, or instead protect themselves from volatility?
- Secret Russian Palladium Stockpiles: Runnin' On Empty
December 06 2013 8:57 AM
A leading metals and mining company said the Russian government may no longer have any palladium under its belt.
- China Signs WHO Convention To Curb Tobacco, Then Doubles Production
December 05 2013 3:00 PM
The nation has made relatively few strides in carrying out the WHO's guidelines.
- The Bitcoin Phenomenon - Merrill Sees A Very High Value
December 05 2013 9:45 AM
Merrill's valuation argument is compelling. Take a look.
- British Pig Semen Worth Millions?
December 04 2013 10:26 AM
David Cameron has pushed through a deal to export pig semen to China.
- There's Much That's New About Barrick Gold In China
December 03 2013 12:49 PM
After 30 years in charge, Peter Munk is handing the chairmanship to former Goldman Sachs banker John Thornton, who has long experience in China.
- From The Ground Up: Another Good Week For GMO
December 02 2013 2:38 PM
It's getting harder and harder to make a believable case against genetically modified crops.
- Ukraine’s Ties With Russia And EU: What’s At Stake
December 02 2013 1:20 PM
Has Vladimir Putin overplayed his admittedly powerful hand in dealing with a major southwestern neighbor?
- Trade Chinese Stocks & Copper, In Opposite Directions: Goldman Sachs
December 02 2013 11:01 AM
The bank said this top trade for 2014 best framed risks and rewards related to Chinese economic growth and commodity market risks.
- A Glut Of Oil, But Prices Hang
December 02 2013 10:16 AM
Geopolitics could trump supply-and-demand fundamentals in determining the price of crude oil.
- Japanese Stocks Rallied In November While Gold And Silver Fell Out Of Bed
December 02 2013 8:36 AM
Monetary policy drove equities prices higher in November at the expense of gold and silver.
- Pebble Mine Developer Makes Pitch For Partner, But Also Says He Can Do It Alone
November 27 2013 7:17 AM
Northern Dynasty CEO Ron Thiessen spoke with IBTimes about the Alaskan copper mine proposal.
- How The Iran Nuclear Deal May Affect Currencies, Commodities
November 26 2013 8:27 AM
Oil prices were initially pushed lower, but they quickly recovered after details of the U.S.-Iran nuclear pact were announced.
- Frozen US Turkey Prices Foreshadow Aggressive Supermarket Discounting
November 26 2013 6:29 AM
Frozen turkey prices have reached lows not seen in recent memory, which means large holiday season discounts.
- Gold Glittering A Little Less
November 22 2013 2:04 PM
Key question: Are analysts bearish or bullish on gold in the immediate period ahead?
- Cat Cutting More Jobs
November 22 2013 10:23 AM
Historically a bellwether, Caterpillar's cuts will ripple out to impact the U.S. and global economies.
- From The Ground Up: Agribusiness Stung By EPA Ethanol Decision
November 20 2013 2:15 PM
With overwhelming empirical evidence against forced ethanol use, the EPA had to trim a corporate welfare item.
- Why Commodity Prices May Fall
November 12 2013 12:45 PM
Oil prices have already started heading south. Will other commodities follow?
- Thailand: The Next Sunny Spot In Solar Energy
November 08 2013 12:00 PM
The Thai government is buying electricity from solar power at a premium, making the industry highly lucrative.