- Hedge Funds Look To Profit From Greek Bank Rescue
May 13 2013 9:04 AM
Some of the world’s leading hedge funds are pouring money into the Greek banking sector in expectation of huge potential returns.
- US Retail Sales Rise More Than Expected In April
May 13 2013 8:43 AM
American consumers come through once again, giving retailers a boost in April and encouraging economists.
- US Probing Bloomberg LP Over Possible Privacy Breach
May 12 2013 10:02 PM
Bloomberg's former policy of allowing its reporters to access certain account info of its financial-analysis service clients is being reviewed.
- Banks Hit By ATM Sting May Not Recover Full $45 Million
May 12 2013 1:28 PM
The path to payback involves banks, processors, insurers, creditors and courts, plus contracts that don't yet cover such crimes.
- India's ElectraCard Attacked In $45 Million Cyberheist
May 11 2013 3:35 PM
Indian card processor ElectraCard was identified as one of two companies affected by a $45 million online heist.
- Who Loves Jamie? JPM Chief Has Some Fans In The C-Suites
May 10 2013 11:45 AM
Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan has come under fire as advisory firms recommend his role gets split into two. While some are coming for his job, others are throwing support behind Dimon.
- Chinese Investors Warming Up To Europe
May 10 2013 10:05 AM
Chinese companies’ European love affair continued through 2012 as investments in the continent rose by as much as 21 percent.
- Global Cybercrime Ring Steals $45 Million
May 09 2013 11:06 PM
In one of the biggest bank heists ever, credit-card processing firms were hacked and ATMs in 27 countries were hit.
- Bankers Are Sweating Wal-Mart’s ‘Back-Door Banking’
May 09 2013 11:44 AM
The United States' too-big-to-fail banks are apparently also too big to compete.
- UK Central Bank Keeps Key Interest Rate At 0.5%
May 09 2013 7:14 AM
The bank also maintained its purchase of 375 billion pounds ($584 billion) of debt after the UK narrowly avoided a triple-dip recession.
- Banks Extending More Credit To US Businesses
May 08 2013 9:17 AM
Overall lending more than doubled in 2012 and loans to commercial enterprises are up 11 percent this year.
- US Stock Market Sets Yet Another Record
May 07 2013 12:43 PM
U.S. and German stock market indexes set records on an array of encouraging reports and central bank actions.
- Bank Of China To North Korean Bank: All Deals Are Off
May 07 2013 10:06 AM
The state-controlled Bank of China has ended dealings with a key North Korean bank in response to the North's nuclear and missile tests.
- Portugal Gets A Lifeline From Bond Investors
May 07 2013 8:18 AM
Debt-burdened country finds investors willing to loan it 3 billion euros, despite the country's diminished credit ratings.
- Wells Fargo, BofA To Be Named In Suit Over NY Mortgage Practices
May 06 2013 2:47 PM
New York state will sue the pair for violating the National Mortgage Settlement agreement.
- Caterpillar Shares Seen Rising In Q2
May 06 2013 1:39 PM
Analysts expect a revival for Caterpillar's products on sentiment that government stimulus will likely aid global economies in 2013.
- France Hails 'End Of Austerity' As German Deficit Hawks Bristle
May 06 2013 10:39 AM
German and France finance chiefs will meet Tuesday, on the heels of France hailing the EC's decision to extend budget-cutting deadline.
- EU Takes Dim View Of Euro Zone's Outlook
May 03 2013 5:05 PM
The European Commission attempted to stress growth in its forecast, albeit in a pretty pessimistic way.
- Dow Tops 15,000 For First Time Ever
May 03 2013 10:56 AM
Both the blue-chip index and the broader S&P 500 crossed historic thresholds after a strong April U.S. jobs report.
- Regulatory Hassles Mount Against JPMorgan Chase
May 03 2013 8:52 AM
Some of the latest accusations include overcharging for electricity contracts and using faulty documents to go after debt defaulters.