- Why Did China Join The Credit Downgrade Club?
April 11 2013 12:40 PM
Fitch has hit China over its big debt, which has soared, in part, because of U.S. and Japanese aggressive monetary easing policies.
- US Jobless Claims Plunge by 42,000
April 11 2013 8:45 AM
The plunge to 346,000 after a large rise the week before partly reflects data skewed by the Easter period.
- Fed Minutes Released Early - Merely A Mistake, Or A Leak?
April 10 2013 10:13 AM
The Fed contacted the SEC and CFTC to see if there was any trading tied to Tuesday's early release of minutes.
- The Challenge For Big Banks: How To Make Money This Year
April 10 2013 10:00 AM
Big banks' first-quarter revenue will rise only 2.2% above that of fourth quarter 2012, an analysis by Bloomberg News showed.
- Goldman Sachs Goes Negative On Gold
April 10 2013 7:54 AM
Exchange-traded fund redemptions are contributing to Goldman Sachs' prediction that the gold price will slide to $1,450 by year's end.
- BlackRock Cautions Fed On Quantitative Easing Policy
April 09 2013 4:22 PM
The asset manager's chief recommends a new strategy for reinvesting debt as it matures.
- Bank Of Japan Launches Aggressive Easing - Yen Plunges, Nikkei Soars
April 04 2013 4:17 AM
The scope of the Bank of Japan's new monetary easing program stunned markets, surprised analysts and fired up the nation's stock market.
- Exposing How The World's Wealthiest Use Offshore Tax Havens
April 04 2013 2:50 AM
The trove of secret documents implicates government officials and business leaders around the world, including high-profile Americans.
- US Bank Overdraft Fees Are On The Rise, Again
April 03 2013 10:26 AM
Banks customers shelled out $400 million more for overdraft fees last year, capping a downward trend.
- Argentina Running Out of Debt Repayment Options
April 02 2013 4:15 PM
If Argentina's creditors accept law bonds, they could sidestep U.S. court.
- Bank Of America Is No. 1 -- In Customer Complaints
April 02 2013 2:13 PM
The database, unveiled Thursday, shows Bank of America easily trumping Wells Fargo, which had more than 12,000 complaints against it.
- Fed's Lockhart: Bank Could Taper QE This Year
April 02 2013 1:45 PM
If unemployment data continues to improve, the head of the Atlanta Fed said he may support cutting back on quantitative easing.
- FBI Arrests SAC Portfolio Manager Michael Steinberg
March 29 2013 10:55 AM
Troubled trading firm SAC was hit with insider-trading charges again as one of its managers was arrested Friday.
- S&P 500, Dow In Uncharted Waters, Again
March 28 2013 4:07 PM
Investors focused on the orderly reopening of Cypriot banks and a positive revision to the fourth-quarter U.S. GDP statistic.
- Bernie Madoff Haunts Banks From Prison
March 28 2013 10:58 AM
Madoff is offering information for the "future regulation of the appropriate institutions," including banks. But is he telling the truth?
- Russians Put Their Cyprus Money In Miami, NYC Properties
March 28 2013 10:06 AM
The Cyprus crisis could be a boost to the real estate markets in upscale parts of Manhattan and Miami.
- China Wants Its Banks Back In The Light
March 28 2013 7:03 AM
China's regulators are reining-in wildly popular but opaque investment products that form a key plank in China's shadow-banking system.
- China's Banks - Bad Loans, Lower Profits
March 28 2013 5:50 AM
The days of guaranteed fat profits are over for China's major state-run banks.
- Cypriot Banks Reopen, No Bank Runs
March 28 2013 1:52 AM
Cypriot bank depositors did not rush to get their money out of banks Thursday as the government feared they might.
- Crying All The Way To The Bank
March 27 2013 11:18 AM
For the first time in the history of the euro zone, a member nation, Cyprus, is instituting capital controls.