- New Sanctions Cause Russian Shares And Ruble To Tumble
July 17 2014 5:17 AM
The new U.S. sanctions effectively shut off medium- and longer-term dollar funding for companies close to Vladimir Putin.
- Is The IRS Really Driving Americans To Renounce Citizenship?
July 15 2014 11:39 AM
A recent poll shows more American expats are thinking about renouncing citizenship to avoid harsh new tax laws.
- What Do Greenpeace And JPMorgan Chase Have In Common?
July 15 2014 9:27 AM
“Every indication is, this was done with the best of intentions but not the best of judgment.”
- ECB's New Program To Lend Nearly $1 Trillion To Private Sector: Survey
July 14 2014 7:39 AM
The targeted lending program, which was announced in June, is expected to disburse the first round of funds in September.
- Bitcoin Exchange Raided By French Authorities
July 09 2014 10:31 AM
The crypto-currency is legal to trade in Europe, but operating an unregistered bitcoin exchange is not.
- China Says It Will Expedite Exchange-Rate Reform
July 09 2014 6:18 AM
Chinese Vice Premier Wang Yang spoke at the Strategic Economic Dialogue between China and the U.S. in Beijing.
- 'Bitcoin Bowl' Deal Gives BitPay Acess To 100 Million US Homes
June 18 2014 4:27 PM
Bitcoin interests will get a previously unimaginable marketing opportunity when two college football teams kick off the 'Bitcoin Bowl.'
- Chinese Yuan Posts Biggest Gain In 2.5 Years
June 16 2014 12:14 AM
China posted a $35.9 billion trade surplus in May.
- India's SEBI Bans Hong Kong Hedge Fund Over Insider-Trading Charges
June 06 2014 3:09 AM
SEBI is also considering investigating the Indian arm of Credit Suisse, which brokered the transaction.
- China Flexes In South China Sea, Sinks Vietnamese Fishing Vessel
May 26 2014 9:42 PM
Ten fishermen were on board.
- Bitcoin's Latest Controversy: A Former Disney Child Star's Ascent
May 16 2014 7:44 AM
Members were unhappy that Brock Pierce, a controversial actor and former Disney child star, was named as a director.
- US Yet Again Urges China To Reduce Yuan Control, Trade Barriers
May 13 2014 7:16 AM
U.S. manufacturers have repeatedly complained that China holds down the yuan's value, giving an unfair advantage to Chinese exporters.
- Xi Jinping: China Must Embrace 'New Normal' As Growth Slows
May 12 2014 4:30 AM
In the previous quarter, China's trade fell by 0.5 percent while its economic growth slowed to 7.4 percent.
- Euro Suffers Greatest Dip In Weeks
May 10 2014 11:14 AM
German exports also fell 1.8 percent on the month, while imports declined 0.9% from February.
- US, Singapore Deal To Curb Offshore Tax Evasion
May 06 2014 9:28 AM
Singapore aims to limit tax evasion by U.S. citizens, just when the country is becoming a major wealth-management hub.
- US GDP Barely Rises In Q1
April 30 2014 8:39 AM
U.S. exports tumbled and businesses accumulated inventory at the slowest pace in nearly a year, but activity already appears to be bouncing back.
- US Becomes Largest Source Of FII Flows To India Buoyed By Reform Hopes
April 28 2014 7:15 AM
The flow of investment has preceded the outcome of the ongoing elections, which many hope will put India back on the growth path.
- Sanctions And Slow Growth Hit Russia
April 25 2014 5:34 AM
The Russian currency has fallen more than 8 percent against the dollar this year, while outflows grew to $51 billion in Q1 of 2014.
- Russia Moves To Make Crimea Gambling Zone
April 21 2014 7:48 AM
Bank of Russia has blocked certain Ukrainian banks from operating in Crimea, leaving residents with little or no access to banking services.
- US Treasury Criticizes Yuan's 'Unprecedented' Movement
April 16 2014 7:37 AM
China's GDP growth slowed to its slowest pace in 18 months; as a result, officials are looking for ways to maintain the 7.5% target growth rate.