- Emerging Market Currencies Sell-Off: The Real Lesson
January 24 2014 11:23 AM
The current crisis is the worst of its kind in five years, economists say.
- This Week In IBTimes Magazine
January 23 2014 6:50 PM
Explore the destruction of Syria, the rise of bitcoin, credit card hackers and Super Bowl admen in the magazine.
- What Does Ford Think Of UK Idea To Exit EU?
January 15 2014 7:45 AM
Ford says it would have to reassess its operations in the U.K. if Britain decided to leave the EU.
- Deutsche Bank: Shame On You, Traders
January 15 2014 7:39 AM
Deutsche said the alleged manipulations by traders affected several major currencies in the $5.3 trillion-a-day forex market.
- 6 Bitcoin Competitors To Watch
January 14 2014 5:53 PM
You've heard about bitcoins, but here's what you should know about some of its competitors.
- Another Slam For Bitcoin In China
January 08 2014 9:49 AM
Life just got harder for the popular virtual currency in China, as an e-commerce giant has blocked all bitcoin transactions.
- Bitcoin Value Soars Again After This Company Accepts The Virtual Currency
January 06 2014 10:23 AM
Investors can breathe easy as the virtual currency is once again trading for more than $1,000.
- Corporate India’s Profits To Stay Weak
January 03 2014 11:44 AM
High interest costs and low earnings growth will pressure profit margins into 2014, said a top Indian research firm.
- Buy Gold, Pay Bitcoin: Budding Trend Or Nonsense Trade?
December 30 2013 12:53 PM
Some gold-selling startups have leaned toward accepting bitcoins in payment for gold.
- Thai Baht Drops Amid Continuing Political Uncertainty
December 23 2013 6:18 AM
Investors are not buying the baht, which suffered also from the Fed’s decision to wind down its bond-buying program in January.
- China's Move May Not Be Bitcoin's Death
December 19 2013 4:58 PM
This is just bitcoin's most recent, massive valuation swing - giving weight to currency opponents who constantly cite its volatility.
- Reddit Is So Tired Of Bitcoin Freakouts
December 18 2013 12:13 PM
The content sharing website has banned empty freaking-out posts on the virtual currency.
- Did Bitcoin Investors Hack China's Central Bank?
December 18 2013 9:08 AM
China has banned purchasing bitcoins with yuan, which sparked a 50 percent sell-off in the virtual currency.
- How To Make Money With Bitcoin
December 12 2013 4:37 PM
A look at the options for those exploring the digital currency Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin: Interest From Wall Street Grows
December 05 2013 1:23 PM
Two major Wall Street banks penned their initial thoughts on bitcoin as a serious global currency this week.
- China's Ban Knocks Bitcoin Down A Peg
December 05 2013 11:01 AM
The central bank did not prohibit individuals from trading in the virtual currency.
- 2014: More Uncertainty Awaits 'Fragile 5’ Economies
December 04 2013 4:27 PM
Each of the “fragile five” countries faces an election in 2014.
- Yuan Beats Euro To Become Second-Most-Used Currency In International Trade
December 03 2013 6:11 AM
The Chinese currency edged up in October to rank behind the U.S. dollar while the euro’s share dropped.
- Bitcoin Black Friday Is A Thing
November 27 2013 10:18 AM
Until now, the majority of bitcoins have not been used to make purchases, but Bitcoin Black Friday aims to change that.
- Venezuela - Is A Default Ahead?
November 21 2013 8:51 AM
For every $10 per barrel that oil prices fall, Venezuela loses $10 billion in annual revenue.