- PBOC Governor Announces Possible Currency Reform
November 20 2013 8:35 AM
One economist said that currency reform could widen the yuan's trading band in the near term.
- Japan's October Trade Deficit Wider Than Forecast
November 19 2013 7:55 PM
Both imports and exports boomed, but fuel costs took a toll.
- Bitcoin Crashes After Reaching A Record High
November 19 2013 9:05 AM
At 9:18 a.m. EST, a bitcoin was worth $602.
- China's Bitcoin Fever Continues
November 18 2013 11:18 AM
The largest Bitcoin exchange by trading volume is now a very popular market in China.
- Russian Lawmaker Wants Nation To Ban US Dollar
November 13 2013 7:31 AM
It is unclear whether a bill that would ban dollars in Russia has enough legislative support to become a law.
- Bitcoin Now Worth $300 - Time To Invest?
November 08 2013 5:52 AM
At September's end, the number of bitcoins traded daily in the Chinese market was 17,500, up 24% in 3 months.
- Goldman Sachs Could Be Latest In Global FX Probe
November 07 2013 8:33 AM
The bank’s latest regulatory filings show a discrepancy between the second quarter and the current quarter.
- A Stronger Q4 For Apple?
October 28 2013 1:30 PM
An analyst has raised his expectations for Apple's Q4 revenue and EPS.
- Baidu Pushes Bitcoin To New Heights
October 23 2013 11:28 AM
Bitcoin's value topped $200 - thanks to an approval from the Chinese search giant.
- MUST SEE: Panda-nomics: China Now Trading Pandas For Oil
October 16 2013 5:02 PM
- Why China's Latest Yuan-Euro Swap Is Really Aimed At The US Dollar
October 10 2013 9:18 AM
China on Thursday signed the second-largest currency swap to date with the European Central Bank.
- India Plans Extending Visa-On-Arrival Facility To 40 Countries
October 07 2013 5:09 AM
The move is expected to attract more tourists and their dollars, and help the country's ailing domestic currency and deficit situation.
- Markets See QE Silver Lining In US Government Shutdown
October 01 2013 5:03 AM
Traders expect the Fed to continue its loose monetary policy to limit any adverse economic impact caused by the government shutdown.
- Euro, Dollar Affected By Easy Monetary Policy
September 24 2013 3:04 AM
The euro and the dollar are affected as central banks in the U.S. and the euro zone stuck to a dovish stance.
- India Hikes Import Duty On Gold, Silver Jewelry
September 18 2013 2:02 AM
The move is expected to protect local hand-made jewelry producers from cheaper imports from countries such as Thailand and Malaysia.
- Chinese Corporations, We Don't Trust You
September 12 2013 2:59 PM
A new survey showed developed markets distrust Chinese corporations due to state involvement and lack of brand familiarity.
- India's Manufacturing Sector Shrinks First Time In Over 4 Years
September 02 2013 3:21 AM
Contraction in India's manufacturing sector underscores concerns about a continuing slowdown while the outlook for growth remains bleak.
- 30/8/2013 - The Current Market Sentiment
August 30 2013 8:08 AM
In a similar reaction of what has happened after the release of June Japanese CPI, USDJPY has got back down after the release of July CPI figure which rose by the fastest pace since 2008 by 0.7% y/y while it was expected to be by 0.6% from 0.4% in June which was the first positive rate since April 2012 showing positive results of BOJ abenomics and no need of further cheap liquidity injection into the Japanese economy for fighting deflation while this figure can open the door for more talking about imposing higher sales taxes after it looked getting cooled recently.
- Daily Summary on USD, EUR, JPY, GBP, AUD, CAD and NZD
August 29 2013 12:37 PM
USD climbs on positive revised growth and jobless claims data - EUR dips on soft German unemployment data - Commodity currencies slid as markets caution imminent Western military action into Syria
- India 2Q GDP Preview: Slightly Smaller Growth
August 28 2013 8:58 AM
India's economy will likely bottom-out in the second half of the fiscal year, despite several issues dogging Asia's third-largest economy.