Art & Culture
- Dev Anand: Best Moments Before he Died [PHOTOS]
December 04 2011 4:01 PM
Legendary film-star Dev Anand, who enchanted Bollywood's silver screen for decades, died from a heart attack on Saturday Night in London. He was 88.
- Field for Tech Campus Narrows as Three Contenders Bumped From Race
November 30 2011 6:05 PM
Three contenders have been knocked out of the race to earn a subsidized high-tech university campus in the city.
- Three City Council Members Formalize OWS Support in Resolution
November 30 2011 4:14 PM
Three City Council members have introduced a resolution formalizing support for Occupy Wall Street and its message condemning economic inequality.
- Mark Cuban crows about $2.99 bestseller
November 30 2011 1:59 PM
With the fast-selling e-publication of his memoir-cum-business-strategy guide, Mark Cuban made another notch in his media-pioneer belt.
- Poetry, Modern Art Fused to Increase Public Safety
November 30 2011 10:05 AM
The Department of Transportation has launched its new Curbside Haiku safety program, which combines traditional Japanese poetry and modern art to increase traffic safety.
- Scotland's Portrait Gallery Fulfils 120-yr-Old Dream
November 29 2011 5:54 PM
Scotland's National Portrait Gallery reopens on Thursday after a 17.6 million-pound ($27 million) renovation that finally fulfils the dreams of its architect when it first opened its doors 120 years ago.
- Two Bronx Firefighters Catch Robber, Honored by City Councilman
November 28 2011 3:06 PM
Two brave Bronx firefighters came to the rescue of a teenage girl on Saturday after a mugger robbed the girl of a gold chain.
- Obama, Bieber, Holiday Fervor to Cause Traffic Jams All Week
November 28 2011 12:43 PM
President Barack Obama and Justin Bieber are expected to stop traffic when the visit Rockefeller Center on Wednesday for the annual tree-lighting ceremony.
- Author JK Rowling says spiteful UK press hounded her
November 24 2011 10:14 PM
Harry Potter author JK Rowling told a public inquiry into British media standards on Thursday she was forced to move house because of tabloid harassment and had been made to feel like a hostage in her home after she gave birth.
- Book Talk: Frazier Returns to Home State for Third Novel
November 24 2011 12:51 PM
Charles Frazier's novel Cold Mountain was a bestselling and critical phenomenon in 1996 and later became an Academy Award-winning movie, which is not bad considering it was the 46-year-old's debut.
- Edinburgh Festivals Bat Eyes at London Olympic Fans
November 24 2011 12:44 PM
The world's biggest annual arts extravaganza is gearing up to lure fans from the London 2012 Olympics up to the Scottish capital for three weeks of comedy, music, art, theater, the skirl of massed pipe bands and fireworks over Edinburgh castle.
- Uma Thurman's Stalker Freed, Not Only Celeb With Obsessive Fanatic
November 23 2011 12:19 PM
Uma Thurman's stalker is a free man, so long as he adheres to the prescribed therapy sessions five days a week.
- Epic Tale: Vietnamese Father, Son Separated After Pirate Attack, Reunited 34 Years Later
November 23 2011 6:55 AM
Vietnamese refugee Hao Truong was reunited with his son at Rochester International Airport in Rochester, N.Y., after 34 years of being separated following a pirate attack off the coast of Vietnam.
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: High Winds May Ground Biggest Balloons
November 22 2011 12:05 PM
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade could be in jeopardy thanks to the National Weather Service forecast, which includes 15-24 mph winds.
- Gregory Papalexis, Sabrett Hot Dog CEO Dies at 86
November 21 2011 4:49 PM
Gregory Papalexis, owner of Sabrett hot dogs, has died has died at the age of 86 in his New Jersey.
- Soho Hairdresser Slams Soho Salon with $16M Sexual Harassment Suit
November 21 2011 2:25 PM
Devachan, the trendy salon in SoHo, has been hit with a 16 million sexual harassment suit from a former employee.
- Thanksgiving 2011: The Eat, Do, Volunteer New York Guide
November 18 2011 3:45 PM
Thanksgiving 2011 is less than a week away, but it is never too late to make plans. We have put together a guide of events, restaurants and volunteer opportunities for the holiday:
- NYPD High Tech Meets Occupy Wall Street: The Science of Crowd Control
November 18 2011 2:07 PM
Police departments are gearing up with more non-lethal weapon choices than ever before.
- Williamsburg, Greenpoint are Dumps--Literally
November 18 2011 1:44 PM
Williamsburg and Greenpoint have the most garbage trucks roaming the neighborhood of any in New York City.
- 2012 NYC Michelin Guide: 7 'Exceptional' New York Restaurants
November 18 2011 1:42 PM
The 2012 New York City Michelin guide has been released, noting sevenNew York restaurants as exceptional.