- Apple Updates ‘Spaceship’ Campus Plans, Spectacular Renderings Revealed [PHOTOS]
December 07 2011 4:33 AM
A dark-colored roof, a private jogging path, walkways and modest changes to the additional fitness center are some of the main inclusions in Apple's newly submitted renderings of its proposed 13,000-employee mega-campus in Cupertino, Calif.
- Scottish National Portrait Gallery Ready for Public (PHOTOS)
November 29 2011 4:10 PM
The Scottish National Portrait Gallery is ready for the public after undergoing renovation.
- World’s Largest Illusive 3-D Pavement Painting [PHOTOS]
November 19 2011 6:27 AM
Guinness World Records has declared a work by British artist Joe Hill that was created at Canary Wharf in London on Thursday as the world's largest three-dimensional street painting.
- Brooklyn Artist Drawing Every Building in New York City [Video]
November 14 2011 4:53 PM
There are about 900,000 buildings in the five boroughs of New York City, the city Department of Buildings predicts, and a lone Brooklyn artist is attempting to draw them all.
- Jennifer Aniston Buys Gramercy Park Apartment in New York
November 04 2011 6:01 PM
Jennifer Aniston has purchased an apartment in New York's Gramercy Park. Aniston paid $8.7 million for a 2,873 square-foot unit in 50 Gramercy Park North.
- Graffiti Artists Create Five Story Art Noveau Mural [PHOTOS]
November 01 2011 10:52 PM
Graffiti artists from the Montreal-based art collective A'shop have created a five story modern art nouveau piece called Our Lady of Grace, a nod to the work of Czech artist Alphonse Mucha. The city and local businesses helped fund the group's masterpiece. See step-by-step photos of the beautiful mural, which covers an entire building side in the N.G.D. district.
- World Monuments Fund Releases 2012 Watch List of Threatened Cultural-Heritage Sites
October 11 2011 6:24 PM
World Monuments Fund has released its 2012 Watch list of 67 cultural-heritage sights at risk.
- Influential St. Louis Sculptor Bob Cassilly Dies at 61
September 28 2011 3:23 PM
An important St. Louis, Missouri scupltor lost his life this week. 61 year old artist and entrepreneur Bob Cassilly died in a construction accident on Sunday September 26th at the site of his most recent project, Cementland.
- How Badly was the Washington Monument Damaged in the Virginia Earthquake?
September 26 2011 3:06 PM
The National Park Service will announce on Monday much damage the Washington Monument sustained during the 5.8-magnitude Virginia earthquake.
- Blackbeard’s Queen Anne’s Revenge Wreckage Confirmed off North Carolina
August 31 2011 4:42 AM
The shipwreck discovered in 1996 by a private contractor working for the state of North Carolina has been confirmed to be the Queen Anne's Revenge, the flagship of the notorious 18th-century English pirate Blackbeard, state officials said.
- Heartland Community Church / 360 Architecture
August 26 2011 6:23 PM
Architect: 360 Architecture Location: Olathe, Kansas, United States Project Year: 2009 Photographs: 360 Architecture 360 Architecture accepted a big challenge when they took on a project transforming a big box store for Heartland Community Church.
- New Mitt Romney Home Will be How Big?
August 22 2011 10:39 AM
The GOP presidential candidate plans to build a new home on the California coast.
- Silicon Valley Billionaire Funds Plans for Artificial Island Nations
August 16 2011 6:13 PM
PayPal co-founder and early Facebook investor Peter Thiel recently detailed his support for Seasteading Institute, an organization that promises floating libertarian nations on oil rig-type platforms.
- Integrated Project Delivery Methodology
August 02 2011 3:23 PM
Integrated project delivery is designed for collaboration from the commencement of a project. The uniting of owner, architect, and contractor on a level playing field is conducive to quality delivery.
- Sneak Peek at the World Trade Center Memorial (PHOTOS)
July 29 2011 9:53 AM
Opening on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks in lower Manhattan, the World Trade Center Memorial is nearly complete. Here's a look at the workers as they put the finishing touches on the tree-lined plaza.
- Norway Prison: Is Massacre Suspect Breivik Headed to a Posh 'Prison Suite'? (PHOTOS)
July 28 2011 10:17 AM
Accused killer Anders Behring Breivik, who has admitted responsibility for last Friday's shooting and bombing spree in Noway, will likely end up in an IKEA-like "suite" at one of the world's most luxurious prisons.
- Architects of Air: Incredible Photos of Alan Parkinson’s Dazzling ‘Luminarium’
July 19 2011 10:29 AM
Alan Parkinson's Luminarium, created by his company Architects of Air, was photographed during its four day stop in Prague. Check out these amazing photos of the traveling labyrinth of light
- (PHOTOS) Russia celebrates 450 years of St. Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow's Red Square
July 12 2011 11:19 AM
Today, Russia's flamboyant national symbol, St. Basil's Cathedral, turns 450 years old.
- Anish Kapoor's 'Orbit' to be tallest sculpture in Britain
July 06 2011 1:01 PM
Anish Kapoor's 'Orbit' is being compared to London's Eiffel tower.
- $500 million treasure unearthed from vaults of 18th century Indian temple
July 02 2011 11:58 AM
A court ruling opened the secret chambers of the temple which have untold wealth buried under