- Dakota Fanning Perfume Ads Removed in UK
November 09 2011 6:16 PM
Perfume ads featuring actress Dakota Fanning have been banned in Britain.
- 10 Reasons Why Udaipur, India is the Most Romantic City in the East
November 09 2011 3:15 PM
Oft called the Venice of the East, this city on the edge of the desert beckons with its luxurious lakefront palaces and bustling art-strewn streets.
- National Gallery to Showcase Rare Paintings of Leonardo da Vinci
November 08 2011 11:07 PM
The National Gallery will showcase some of the most important artworks of Italian Renaissance polymath Leonardo da Vinci, starting Nov.9, 2011.
- Giotto Devil: Found in the Detail of Renaissance Fresco [PHOTOS]
November 07 2011 5:25 PM
A small devil was discovered in a Giotto fresco in the Basilica of St Franscis in Assisi.
- Masterpieces of Ming Loyalist Art from 17th Century China on Display at the Met in New York
November 06 2011 2:41 AM
The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York is presenting a rare exhibition of masterpieces of 17th century Ming Loyalist Art that will be on display until Jan. 2.
- Gustav Klimt $40 Million Sotheby’s Auction Helps Revive Art Market Overnight
November 05 2011 6:53 AM
Sotheby's Impressionist and Modern Art auction that took place in New York set new world records thereby helping to restore the art market overnight.
- U.S. Seizes Italian Painting Believed Stolen by Nazis During World War II
November 05 2011 3:56 AM
U.S. authorities seized a valuable painting of Christ from a Florida museum on Friday. The painting is believed to have been stolen by the Nazis during World War II.
- Best Places to Buy Art on Each Continent
November 04 2011 12:00 PM
Find out the best places to score both an amazing piece of art and a great deal on every continent!
- Mid-Century New York Life Captured in New Photo Exhibit [PHOTOS]
November 02 2011 10:36 PM
Starting Nov. 4, The Jewish Museum will present Radical Camera, a series of photos from New York's famous Photo League, led by Sid Grossman. Here, see photos from the exhibit, and experience how these photographers, almost all recent immigrants, blended art with progressive ideals to paint a stunning picture of New York life in the early 20th century.
- Graffiti Artists Create Five Story Art Noveau Mural [PHOTOS]
November 01 2011 10:52 PM
Graffiti artists from the Montreal-based art collective A'shop have created a five story modern art nouveau piece called Our Lady of Grace, a nod to the work of Czech artist Alphonse Mucha. The city and local businesses helped fund the group's masterpiece. See step-by-step photos of the beautiful mural, which covers an entire building side in the N.G.D. district.
- Halloween Costume Ideas: Top Last-Minute Costume Tips and Tricks [VIDEOS]
October 29 2011 1:31 AM
Halloween weekend has arrived and people have already started showing up in fully fleshed costumes in various Halloween events. But if you are still hunting for the perfect costume that would make you stand out, the YouTube community has got something very useful to offer.
- 2 Stolen Picassos Recovered in Serbia Three Years Later
October 27 2011 5:17 PM
Two Pablo Picasso paintings, worth millions of dollars when they were stolen from a Swiss gallery in 2008, have been found in Belgrade by Serbian police on Oct. 26, 2011. The paintings, worth an estimated $4.3 million combined, have never been sold, and authorities are still unclear on both who stole the paintings and what their plans were for them after the theft.
- Giant Lego Man Washes Up on Beach in Florida; May go on eBay
October 26 2011 12:07 PM
A giant 8-foot, 100-pound fiberglass Lego man that washed up on Siesta Key, Florida beach Tuesday morning has left crowds wondering how it got there and who did it?
- Diwali 2011: Across India, A Hindu Festival of Lights [PHOTOS]
October 25 2011 8:19 PM
Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights, begins Oct. 26 after days of planning and celebrations. Here, see photos of the gorgeous holiday, from fireworks and murals to the thousands of clay lamps lit to symbolize the enduring power of good over evil.
- Will a Pop Art Painting Fetch $45 Million?
October 17 2011 2:14 AM
For the upcoming Christie's Post-War and Contemporary Sale in New York, an artwork by Roy Lichtenstein is regarded as one of the highlights estimated at $35million-$45 million.
- Van Gogh Didn’t Commit Suicide, But Died in Accident: Authors
October 16 2011 4:55 AM
A new biography by award-winning authors Steven Naifeh and Gregory White Smith has claimed that troubled painter Vincent Van Gogh did not kill himself but died in an accident.
- Kate Moss Gold Sculpture Auctioned for $900,000? [PHOTOS]
October 15 2011 3:24 AM
British artist Marc Quinn's creative depiction of supermodel Kate Moss has reportedly been sold for a staggering $900,000 at a Sotheby's auction.
- New York Comic Con: Star Wars Actor Lends Powers to ‘NEW-GEN’ Series
October 13 2011 4:27 PM
Star Wars actor Mark Hamill will be a comic consultant.
- Annie Leibovitz Pays Personal Homage to Russia [PHOTOS]
October 12 2011 5:26 PM
Leibovitz has opened a 200-piece exhibit inspired by Russian ballet and literature in Moscow's Pushkin Museum.
- Sotheby’s Achieve Record Sales of $10.6 Million at HK 2011 SE Asian Paintings
October 04 2011 2:07 AM
Sotheby's Hong Kong modern and contemporary south-east Asian paintings 2011 autumn sale totaled $10.6 million; more than double of the pre-estimate value.