- Miss The World Trade Center? Princeton’s Robertson Hall Remains Reminder
September 10 2012 12:24 PM
The twin towers of New York's World Trade Center destroyed on Sept. 11, 2001 were designed by Japanese-American architect Minoru Yamasaki. Just before he started work on it, he designed Robertson Hall, home of the Woodrow Wilson School, on the Princeton University campus. which has an uncanny resemblance to its former associates.
- IKEA Catalog To Feature More 3D Models By 2013
September 03 2012 7:52 AM
The online version of the 328-page catalog released August 21, 2012, features 12 percent of 3D content, while for the next year it is bound to go up to 25 percent.
- Microsoft’s Facelift: New Logo Shown After 15 Years
August 23 2012 1:55 PM
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, is getting a facelift at 25. The company unveiled a new corporate logo Thursday that uses color for the first time: red, green, blue and yellow in squares next to the company name .
- Ikea Hotels? Swedish Furniture Chain Branching Into Budget-Chic Lodging
August 15 2012 11:22 AM
Ikea, the Swedish store known for its affordable DIY home furnishing, is branching into a new arena: the hotel business.
- Wendy's Lobster & Caviar Burger: A Revelation In Cuisine, Or Just Wrong?
August 10 2012 12:33 PM
On Aug. 3, Wendy's added two new ridiculous sandwich items to its menu in Japan to take advantage of the record low prices on the lobster market, including the Premium Caviar & Lobster Burger, and the Lobster Surf & Turf Burger. These two burgers are available in Japan for a limited time, but should Wendy's even be selling these two offbeat burgers to begin with?
- One-Sqm-House: Sleep Around Berlin For 1 Euro A Day In World’s ‘Smallest House’
July 23 2012 12:50 PM
Need a place to crash in Berlin this summer? Strapped for cash? Here’s an idea: Stay in the “smallest house in the world,” One-Sqm-House, for just 1 euro per night.
- Ultraviolet Restaurant: Shanghai Eatery Pairs Food, Wine, Light, Sound
July 13 2012 10:43 AM
Each course at Ultraviolet in Shanghai is served with a tailored set of visuals, sounds and smells.
- Amazon Could Ship 17M Kindle Fires This Year
July 05 2012 12:22 PM
Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer, could ship as many as 17 million of its Kindle Fire tablets this year, said Victor Anthony, analyst with Topeka Capital Markets.
- Apple May Introduce ?iPad Jr? Versions
July 05 2012 9:38 AM
Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, may introduce a smaller version of the iPad to compete with products from Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, and Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer, a report said.
- Google?s Tablet: How Many More Platforms Coming?
June 27 2012 12:22 PM
Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, Wednesday showed its first tablet, the Nexus 7, priced at $199, as part of its annual Google I/O developers conference.
- Microsoft Tablet? Buzz Says iPad Rival Due
June 15 2012 12:42 PM
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, is expected to make a new consumer push by announcing its own Windows Tablet for shipment next quarter, industry analysts said.
- WWDC?s Big Miss - Where?s Apple TV?
June 12 2012 1:18 PM
Now that Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, has opened its Worldwide Developers Conference with the usual product splash, what happened to Apple TV?
- Apple?s Worldwide Developers Conference: New Product Highlights
June 08 2012 2:16 PM
Thousands of software and application engineers have already sold out next week?s developers conference mounted by Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company. Here are four key highlights.
- Apple In China: iPad OK?d, China Mobile Takes iPhone
June 04 2012 12:37 PM
Could Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, be getting a new jolt from the burgeoning China market, its second largest?
- ?I Love NY? To Lose Its Heart For New Tourism Campaign
June 01 2012 12:43 PM
Governor Andrew Cuomo just broke New York?s heart. Literally. He got rid of it. In a move some New Yorkers are calling ?heartless,? he?s replaced the iconic logo I Love NY with ?I [fill in the blank] NY.?
- Japanese City Hopes ?World?s Largest Toilet? Will Lure Tourists
May 31 2012 1:11 PM
A new public restroom would hardly be news in Japan if it wasn?t billed as the world's largest toilet.
- Apple?s Antitrust Reply On eBooks: ?We Benefited The Public?
May 30 2012 6:42 AM
Apple has acknowledged that its iPad made it a major force in ebooks but denied that it?s stifling competition in a formal reply to the Justice Department's antitrust suit.
- Peter Carl Fabergé: Gemstone-Encrusted Google Doodle Celebrates Famed Russian Jeweler's 166th Birthday [VIDEO]
May 30 2012 4:17 AM
Google Wednesday observed the 166th birth anniversary of Peter Carl Fabergé, the Russian jeweler best known for creating famous Fabergé eggs, through a doodle that was made of precious metals and gemstones.
- London Orbit Tower: Olympic-Sized Eyesore Or The Next Eiffel Tower?
May 15 2012 11:21 AM
It?s big, red, and shiny, and it?s meant to add a touch of modernity to the London skyline, but many see Anish Kapoor?s Orbit Tower as an Olympic-sized eyesore.
- The ?Inappropriate? Chinese Holiday Village in Wales
May 10 2012 10:23 AM
It was to be the first purpose-built retreat center for inhabitants of the world?s largest country, but plans for the £50m ($80m) Chinese holiday village in Wales were dealt a blow recently after inspectors deemed the design ?inappropriate.?