- McQueen's Savage Beauty is a hit [Images]
May 10 2011 9:30 AM
Alexander McQueen's Savage Beauty saw more visitors than any other costume show in the history of the Met. Roughly 5,100 visitors attended the exhibition on its opening day proving the show to be a success.
- Going Green: Recycled goes chic
May 09 2011 3:10 PM
In the recent years go green ideas have skyrocketed. The latest additions to this environmentally conscious trend are the innovative Fire Hose Accessories by designers Elvis & Kresse.
- PressPausePlay: Moby & Seth Godin explore mass creativity in digital era
May 09 2011 9:12 AM
The past decade has created a massive digital evolution where there has been an explosion of creativity and change. Documentary, PressPausePlay, discusses the social implications and ramifications of the new digital era.
- Violent clash over Apple iPad 2 in China reveals growing threat of scalpers
May 09 2011 5:54 AM
The Apple iPad 2 frenzy in China took a violent turn when a scuffle broke out between a customer and an Apple Store employee, leaving four people injured.
- Dereon designs T-shirt for 'Let's Move! Flash Workout' campaign
May 07 2011 4:57 AM
Beyoncé, Tina Knowles, and their family fashion brand, Deréon teamed up with the first lady, Michelle Obama, as the t-shirt sponsor for the Let's Move! Flash Workout campaign.
- Vogue cover gets a makeover
May 06 2011 3:19 PM
Inge Jacobsen transforms April 2011 cover of Vogue into a work of art. Jacobsen hand stitched the Kate Winslet cover connecting embroidery and fashion.
- A seat that tweets: designer Chris McNicholl's TweetingSeat [Video]
May 06 2011 2:18 PM
A student at the University of Dundee has taken the concept of social media quite literally. He has design a park bench where people can be social all the while be voluntarily and involuntarily connected to media by way of a bench that tweets.
- Smithsonian recognizes video games as an art form in 2012 exhibition
May 06 2011 12:32 PM
Video games and the Smithsonian American Art museum have something in common: appreciate for art. The Smithsonian has announced that in 2012 it will display the exhibition: The Art of Video Games.
- Gap chief designer gets the boot
May 06 2011 10:18 AM
Gap sacks its chief designer after first quarter figures revealed declining sales.
- Justin Beiber joins NYT and Angry Birds in this years Webby Award Nominees
May 05 2011 5:33 PM
Winners of the 15th Annual Webby Awards announced including Justin Beiber, Arcade Fire and Old Spice Guy.
- NASA to reveal names of museums for retiring space shuttles on Tuesday
April 11 2011 11:51 PM
The US space agency NASA is expected to announce the final resting places of the agency's space shuttles Tuesday, on the 30th anniversary of the first-ever shuttle mission, according to various media reports.
- Vanessa Gounden’s debut blends two unrelated creative disciplines
March 28 2011 7:04 AM
Challenging the set doctrine that art and fashion are two unrelated creative disciplines, South African entrepreneur Vanessa Gounden launched a new label called Vanessa G on Thursday.
- Science and art collide in a ‘living’ artwork by Anthony McCall
March 21 2011 7:25 AM
An ambitious project by internationally acclaimed artist, Anthony McCall is on display at a major exhibition at Ambika P3, University of Westminster till March 27, 2011.
- Art into Fashion: a Roberto Capucci exclusive
March 15 2011 5:52 AM
Starting March 16, 2011, contemporary Italian fashion designer and artist, Roberto Capucci (born 1930) is presenting a unique exhibition featuring over 80 of his original works, drawings and sketches.
- Gen Art resurfaces from bankruptcy with exciting series of events
February 24 2011 1:40 AM
Influential arts and entertainment organization, Gen Arts, announced on Wednesday that the bankrupt company has re-launched itself through an acquisition by US-based Sandow Media.
- NASA saves irreparably damaged works of art
February 23 2011 1:18 AM
NASA's Glenn Research Center has introduced a method wherein researchers use atomic oxygen to restore masterpieces that appear to be irrevocably destroyed.
- Google’s Art Project reveals never-before-seen secrets of art world (VIDEO)
February 18 2011 4:49 AM
Over 17 leading galleries and museums across the world have come together to be part of Internet giant Google Inc.'s latest online venture called Art Project.
- Delhi’s disused power plant to be Tate Modern-style museum
December 31 2010 7:32 AM
A decommissioned IP power plant in Delhi, the Indian capital, will now be transformed into one of the city's biggest art galleries, modeled on the famed Tate Modern in London.