- First Facebook Trade At $35? Not If History Has A Vote
May 04 2012 1:07 PM
Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social network, has decided to pitch its initial public offering of 337.4 million shares at $35 apiece, which could raise as much as $13.6 billion, assuming over-allotment options.
- What is Cinco de Mayo? The Mexican Battle That Became an American Fiesta
May 04 2012 9:34 AM
Sure, it?s a tequila shot for the hospitality and tourism industry, but what is the history of Cinco de Mayo?
- 13-Year-Old Boy Discovers Mistake On 6th Century Byzantine Empire?s Map At Metropolitan Museum Of Art
May 04 2012 6:52 AM
Visitors often ask questions about the accuracy of an exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, but not all of them are right. However, a seventh grade boy has found out a mistake at the Metropolitan Museum in New York City and he was right, says Helen Evans, one of the curators of the museum.
- Munch's 'The Scream' Sells for Record $120 Million
May 03 2012 3:56 PM
Edvard Munch's masterpiece The Scream, one of the world's most recognizable works of art, sold for $120 million at Sotheby's on Wednesday, setting a new record as the most expensive piece of art ever sold at auction.
- 'Girls' HBO Series: 5 Things To Know About Actress Allison Williams
May 03 2012 12:44 PM
Do you watch ?Girls??
- Sotheby?s Shares Fall After ?The Scream? Sale
May 03 2012 10:56 AM
Shares of auctioneer Sotheby?s (NYSE: BID), which handled Wednesday?s record-breaking sale of Edvard Munch?s ?The Scream,? dropped as much as 5.1 percent in Thursday trading.
- Ryan O?Neal Book ?Both Of Us? And Other Celebrity Memoirs Out In Stores
May 02 2012 5:35 PM
Celebrities are writing a lot these days.
- Works by Cezanne, Matisse Each Sell For $19 million
May 02 2012 5:07 PM
The spring art sales got off to a solid start at Christie's on Tuesday, with works by Cezanne and Matisse each selling for $19 million (11 million pounds) as the auction house moved $117 million worth of Impressionist and modern art.
- 'The Scream' Auction: Is Edvard Munch's Pastel Really Worth $200 Million?
May 02 2012 2:17 PM
Edvard Munch's pastel version of his famous The Scream painting is expected to approach the all-time record for most expensive painting by fetching as much as $200 million when it is sold Wednesday evening at the Sotheby's auction house in New York City.
- ?Dancing With The Stars? Elimination: Jaleel White Takes Off His Dancing Shoes
May 02 2012 11:00 AM
Jaleel White gets the ?DWTS? boot.
- Ryan O?Neal Book: Writing Farrah Fawcett Memoir Was ?A Way To Stay Close?
May 01 2012 3:25 PM
Ryan O?Neal has published a book about his relationship with the late Farrah Fawcett.
- Microsoft Buys Into Nook: 5 Reasons Why
May 01 2012 3:20 PM
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, announced it'll invest $300 million into a new business with Barnes & Noble (NYSE: BKS) to burnish the future of the Nook.
- Apple Response To Times Tax Expose Dodges Issues
May 01 2012 12:55 PM
Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, issued a response to a story in the New York Times on April 29 that exposed its comprehensive strategy to minimize paying corporate taxes.
- Sale of 'The Scream' Could top Auction Record: Experts
April 30 2012 4:09 PM
Edvard Munch's The Scream could become the most expensive painting ever sold at auction on Wednesday if predictions that the work could fetch up to $150 million are to be believed.
- Grupa ADV, Polish Media Group, Expects International Sales To Double In 2012
April 30 2012 12:56 PM
Grupa ADV (Pink: GPVSY), a fast-growing Polish media and software group, expects international sales to double this year, said CFO Adam Kuszyk.
- Bon Iver Erotica: Fan Fiction Tumblr Goes Viral, Paints Justin Vernon as Romantic Lover [PHOTOS]
April 30 2012 12:49 PM
The week-long Tumblr meme has gone viral.
- Apple Shares Ease On Tax Story, Microsoft-Nook Deal
April 30 2012 9:24 AM
Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, fell 3 percent after Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, and Barnes & Noble (NYSE: BKS) announced a new partnership to battle the iPad.
- Technology Focus: ?Big Data? Goes Consumer, Too
April 29 2012 9:44 AM
It?s not just enterprises and government agencies that are already starting to benefit from the new era of so-called ?Big Data.? Consumers are already beneficiaries, even if they don?t know it.
- 'Go Right' Goes Viral On YouTube, Proves Video Games Can Be Art [VIDEO]
April 27 2012 1:05 PM
Go Right is a new YouTube video that celebrates side-scrolling video games. It flies in the face of arguments made by Chicago legend Roger Ebert, who has prejudicially declared that video games can never be art.
- Marilyn Monroe Topless Photos: Revealing Photos Taken 6 Weeks Before Death, How Much Will They Make At Auction?
April 27 2012 12:32 PM
Monroe is making headlines again as the last-ever photos taken before her death are set to be auctioned at Bonhams next month. The photos of Marilyn depict her topless, and were taken in a photo shoot six weeks before her untimely death.