- The Turkish government has asked some of the major museums of the US to return various artifacts and antiquities the country believes were illegally excavated or flown out of its borders.
- Over a century after Vincent van Gogh created his famous still life painting Sunflowers, scientists have been able to make out that the post-Impressionist painter painted a mysterious mutant of sunflower, which was deciphered recently, a latest study reveals.
- As the digital age reaches the dormant stage of social adaptation, having left its mark on the daily process of culture at large, can we add viralism or another digitally referential marker to our collective art discourse? Moreover, is viral a relevant -- let alone acceptable -- aesthetic stance?
- JYJ has unleashed new footage showing their fans in South America.
- Not all fans are showing Michael Bay the TMNT love.
- Youth Lagoon played to the Boise party at the IFC Crossroads House on day two of music for South By Southwest. March 14, 2012. Read a full review of the performance. See photos of the performance here; listen to them playing live; check out the fans at the scene.
- Season five of Mad Men kicks off Mar. 25 on AMC.
- This year's 25th iteration of the industry-geared event is at the height of demand: promoters, labels, bands, partiers, punks, parasites, the pigeonholed, the plied-for, and the primped are all out in full force
Liam Hemsworth, Miley Cyrus Shine at Hunger Games Premiere: The Couple's Best Red Carpet Looks [PHOTOS]The young couple brought glam to the red carpet on Monday.
- The video is gory, the song is brilliant.
- The 32nd Genie Awards -- often dubbed the Canadian Oscars -- were handed out Thursday night.
- A new media art exhibit in New York will showcase the works of Hong Kong artist Teddy Lo and Japanese artists Sachiko Kodama and Ryota Kuwakubo. The Transmutation exhibition opens at The Highline Loft on Mar. 7 and will continue through Mar. 15.
- Los Angeles-based psychedelic punk duo No Age played a last-minute show to a thrashed and thrashing crowd at Death By Audio Wednesday night, March 7 2012.
- Baltimore dream-rock duo Beach House released a new single into the cloud early Wednesday morning, March 7 through a tweet that simply read: Hello Again.
- Sunday is the first anniversary of the Japan tsunami and earthquake that left a confirmed 15,850 dead and 3,287 missing. Yet out of the unimaginable tragedy of that day arose a story of grace and global compassion - a story of paper cranes.
- The French prank master has done it again.
- British dance-punk duo The Ting Tings shared a cover of Lana Del Rey's Born to Die on BBC Radio 1 Thursday, fusing the smoky lament with a surprising but clever Skrillex sample.
- Imagine Batman in Medieval Europe circa 1459, suited in full plate mail armor and ready to bash in the faces of evildoers with his gauntleted fists. Artist Igor Kieryluk has, with a set of concept art titled Gotham 1459.
- Dancing is an art that can be best enjoyed without any sense of competition, fear of losing or anxiety about the viewers.