- Tokyo Skytree: World?s Tallest Tower Opens In Japan [PHOTOS]
May 22 2012 10:38 AM
The 2,080-foot Tokyo Skytree, the world's tallest freestanding tower, opened to the public on Tuesday.
- Gay DC Character In The Works? DC Comics? Dan DiDio Gives Tidbits at Kapow 2012
May 21 2012 9:38 AM
The week after U.S. President Barack Obama officially declared his endorsement for gay marriage, DC Comics' co-publisher Dan DiDio announced at Kapow 2012 in London that there is a gay character in the works, but the plans have slightly changed since the first announcement in July 2011.
- Anonymous-Themed Graffiti Litter Egypt As Disillusion Festers [PHOTOS]
May 16 2012 7:34 PM
Graffiti, some containing themes from the Anonymous movement, against Egypt's military rule has littered the streets of Cairo as its citizens' disillusion with the current regime continues to fester.
- Ryan Seacrest Buys Ellen DeGeneres Beverly Hills Estate
May 16 2012 3:22 PM
He's also lowered the asking price for his home.
- Facebook Acquiring Lightbox.com Staff, Technology
May 16 2012 11:39 AM
Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social network, said it?s acquiring the staff and technology of startup Lightbox.com, developer of a photo app for mobile surfaces.
- London Orbit Tower: Olympic-Sized Eyesore Or The Next Eiffel Tower?
May 15 2012 11:21 AM
It?s big, red, and shiny, and it?s meant to add a touch of modernity to the London skyline, but many see Anish Kapoor?s Orbit Tower as an Olympic-sized eyesore.
- Scientists Discover Europe's Oldest Engraved Female Genitalia Art
May 14 2012 5:11 PM
Scientists have discovered what they believe to be some of the oldest known engravings and artworks, dating back some 37,000 years -- and some of them are possibly pornographic, according to a study published Monday.
- ADay.org Wants Your Help To Send A Message To The Future
May 14 2012 11:31 AM
Swedish organization ADay.org asks people across the globe to pick up a camera on May 15, 2012 and participate in the world's largest and most comprehensive photographic documentation of a single day in human history.
- Renewed TV Shows 2012: 'Modern Family,' 'Revenge,' ?Once Upon A Time? Among The Safe
May 11 2012 12:37 PM
Was your favorite show spared?
- Beyond Cannes Film Festival: Zooming Out On The Greater French Riviera
May 11 2012 12:07 PM
The revered Cannes Film Festival offers a menu of forthcoming cinematic delights, but it also reminds us of the glamor that awaits in the greater French Riviera.
- Sylvester Stallone 'Discovered' in 500-Year-Old Painting And Other Celebrities Doppelgangers of Historical Figures [PHOTOS]
May 11 2012 11:07 AM
A Harvard student was bewildered on a visit to Vatican City, not because of the beauty or the history, but because a 500-year-old painting by Raphael which shows a man who is an exact doppelganger of Sylvester Stallone. While it's obviously not the real life Sylvester Stallone, the resemblance is uncanny, namely in the cheekbones, chin and the heavy eyes. However, Stallone isn't the only famous celebrity who was named a doppelganger of historical figures and people in paintings.
- Stunning Street Art From The Havana Biennial: ?Wrinkles Of The City?
May 10 2012 11:47 AM
Exploring the relationship between visuals and social issues, French creative team J.R. and Cuban-American artist Jose Parla have transformed the streets of Havana with absorbing murals for the Havana Biennial.
- The ?Inappropriate? Chinese Holiday Village in Wales
May 10 2012 10:23 AM
It was to be the first purpose-built retreat center for inhabitants of the world?s largest country, but plans for the £50m ($80m) Chinese holiday village in Wales were dealt a blow recently after inspectors deemed the design ?inappropriate.?
- Painting Smeared With Amy Winehouse's Blood To Be Auctioned
May 10 2012 8:10 AM
A self-portrait of late Amy Winehouse, smeared with the singer's blood, has been put on auction. The portrait, Lady Like, was painted by singer Pete Doherty, who was a close friend of Amy, in collaboration with her.
- Roy Lichtenstein's 'Sleeping Girl' Hits Record $45 Million At Sotheby's
May 10 2012 6:41 AM
Art buffs witnessed breathtaking sales Wednesday with Roy Lichtenstein's famous masterpiece - the 'Sleeping Girl' - fetching a record-breaking $45 million at Sotheby's auction in New York.
- Ashton Kutcher PopChips Commercial Prompts Harsh (And Funny) Reaction From Offended Actors
May 09 2012 4:59 PM
What did you think of Kutcher?s commercial?
- Apple?s ?Correction?: 5 Reasons Why The Shares Have Declined
May 09 2012 3:59 PM
A month ago, shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, closed at their record high of $628.64. On April 10, they hit their all-time high of $644. Now they are at $570.
- Maurice Sendak Death: Writers, Fans React On Twitter To Passing Of ?Where The Wild Things Are? Author
May 08 2012 11:23 AM
Maurice Sendak, 83, has died.
- Marilyn Monroe Statue Dismantled: Chicago Says Goodbye to Norma Jean [PHOTOS]
May 08 2012 11:05 AM
After a year on Chicago?s Magnificent Mile, Marilyn Monroe is headed west -- one piece at a time.
- Painter Thomas Kinkade?s Death Due To Alcohol And Valium Overdose, Coroner Rules
May 08 2012 10:19 AM
The Santa Clara County Coroner's Office ruled that 'Painter of Light' Thomas Kinkade died of accidental acute intoxication from alcohol and Valium, an anti-anxiety medication.