- Apple In China: iPad OK?d, China Mobile Takes iPhone
June 04 2012 12:37 PM
Could Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, be getting a new jolt from the burgeoning China market, its second largest?
- Green Lantern Is Gay In DC Comics Revamp
June 01 2012 1:40 PM
But it?s not Hal Jordan.
- ?I Love NY? To Lose Its Heart For New Tourism Campaign
June 01 2012 12:43 PM
Governor Andrew Cuomo just broke New York?s heart. Literally. He got rid of it. In a move some New Yorkers are calling ?heartless,? he?s replaced the iconic logo I Love NY with ?I [fill in the blank] NY.?
- Japanese City Hopes ?World?s Largest Toilet? Will Lure Tourists
May 31 2012 1:11 PM
A new public restroom would hardly be news in Japan if it wasn?t billed as the world's largest toilet.
- Apple?s Antitrust Reply On eBooks: ?We Benefited The Public?
May 30 2012 6:42 AM
Apple has acknowledged that its iPad made it a major force in ebooks but denied that it?s stifling competition in a formal reply to the Justice Department's antitrust suit.
- Peter Carl Fabergé: Gemstone-Encrusted Google Doodle Celebrates Famed Russian Jeweler's 166th Birthday [VIDEO]
May 30 2012 4:17 AM
Google Wednesday observed the 166th birth anniversary of Peter Carl Fabergé, the Russian jeweler best known for creating famous Fabergé eggs, through a doodle that was made of precious metals and gemstones.
- The Fine Art Of Disruption: How Lorenzo Thione Evolved From 'Bing' To 'Artify It'
May 26 2012 12:02 PM
Lorenzo Thione believes in fate and approaches the world with a somewhat self-confident naivete. This outward optimism comes across most clearly when he talks about his new business: He wants to be an artist among the artists, unchaining fine art from wealthy collectors and setting it free among the hoi polloi.
- Tokyo Skytree: World?s Tallest Tower Opens In Japan [PHOTOS]
May 22 2012 10:38 AM
The 2,080-foot Tokyo Skytree, the world's tallest freestanding tower, opened to the public on Tuesday.
- Gay DC Character In The Works? DC Comics? Dan DiDio Gives Tidbits at Kapow 2012
May 21 2012 9:38 AM
The week after U.S. President Barack Obama officially declared his endorsement for gay marriage, DC Comics' co-publisher Dan DiDio announced at Kapow 2012 in London that there is a gay character in the works, but the plans have slightly changed since the first announcement in July 2011.
- Anonymous-Themed Graffiti Litter Egypt As Disillusion Festers [PHOTOS]
May 16 2012 7:34 PM
Graffiti, some containing themes from the Anonymous movement, against Egypt's military rule has littered the streets of Cairo as its citizens' disillusion with the current regime continues to fester.
- Ryan Seacrest Buys Ellen DeGeneres Beverly Hills Estate
May 16 2012 3:22 PM
He's also lowered the asking price for his home.
- Facebook Acquiring Lightbox.com Staff, Technology
May 16 2012 11:39 AM
Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social network, said it?s acquiring the staff and technology of startup Lightbox.com, developer of a photo app for mobile surfaces.
- London Orbit Tower: Olympic-Sized Eyesore Or The Next Eiffel Tower?
May 15 2012 11:21 AM
It?s big, red, and shiny, and it?s meant to add a touch of modernity to the London skyline, but many see Anish Kapoor?s Orbit Tower as an Olympic-sized eyesore.
- Scientists Discover Europe's Oldest Engraved Female Genitalia Art
May 14 2012 5:11 PM
Scientists have discovered what they believe to be some of the oldest known engravings and artworks, dating back some 37,000 years -- and some of them are possibly pornographic, according to a study published Monday.
- ADay.org Wants Your Help To Send A Message To The Future
May 14 2012 11:31 AM
Swedish organization ADay.org asks people across the globe to pick up a camera on May 15, 2012 and participate in the world's largest and most comprehensive photographic documentation of a single day in human history.
- Renewed TV Shows 2012: 'Modern Family,' 'Revenge,' ?Once Upon A Time? Among The Safe
May 11 2012 12:37 PM
Was your favorite show spared?
- Beyond Cannes Film Festival: Zooming Out On The Greater French Riviera
May 11 2012 12:07 PM
The revered Cannes Film Festival offers a menu of forthcoming cinematic delights, but it also reminds us of the glamor that awaits in the greater French Riviera.
- Sylvester Stallone 'Discovered' in 500-Year-Old Painting And Other Celebrities Doppelgangers of Historical Figures [PHOTOS]
May 11 2012 11:07 AM
A Harvard student was bewildered on a visit to Vatican City, not because of the beauty or the history, but because a 500-year-old painting by Raphael which shows a man who is an exact doppelganger of Sylvester Stallone. While it's obviously not the real life Sylvester Stallone, the resemblance is uncanny, namely in the cheekbones, chin and the heavy eyes. However, Stallone isn't the only famous celebrity who was named a doppelganger of historical figures and people in paintings.
- Stunning Street Art From The Havana Biennial: ?Wrinkles Of The City?
May 10 2012 11:47 AM
Exploring the relationship between visuals and social issues, French creative team J.R. and Cuban-American artist Jose Parla have transformed the streets of Havana with absorbing murals for the Havana Biennial.
- The ?Inappropriate? Chinese Holiday Village in Wales
May 10 2012 10:23 AM
It was to be the first purpose-built retreat center for inhabitants of the world?s largest country, but plans for the £50m ($80m) Chinese holiday village in Wales were dealt a blow recently after inspectors deemed the design ?inappropriate.?