- Microsoft Buys Into Nook: 5 Reasons Why
May 01 2012 3:20 PM
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, announced it'll invest $300 million into a new business with Barnes & Noble (NYSE: BKS) to burnish the future of the Nook.
- Apple Response To Times Tax Expose Dodges Issues
May 01 2012 12:55 PM
Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, issued a response to a story in the New York Times on April 29 that exposed its comprehensive strategy to minimize paying corporate taxes.
- Sale of 'The Scream' Could top Auction Record: Experts
April 30 2012 4:09 PM
Edvard Munch's The Scream could become the most expensive painting ever sold at auction on Wednesday if predictions that the work could fetch up to $150 million are to be believed.
- Grupa ADV, Polish Media Group, Expects International Sales To Double In 2012
April 30 2012 12:56 PM
Grupa ADV (Pink: GPVSY), a fast-growing Polish media and software group, expects international sales to double this year, said CFO Adam Kuszyk.
- Bon Iver Erotica: Fan Fiction Tumblr Goes Viral, Paints Justin Vernon as Romantic Lover [PHOTOS]
April 30 2012 12:49 PM
The week-long Tumblr meme has gone viral.
- Apple Shares Ease On Tax Story, Microsoft-Nook Deal
April 30 2012 9:24 AM
Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, fell 3 percent after Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, and Barnes & Noble (NYSE: BKS) announced a new partnership to battle the iPad.
- Technology Focus: ?Big Data? Goes Consumer, Too
April 29 2012 9:44 AM
It?s not just enterprises and government agencies that are already starting to benefit from the new era of so-called ?Big Data.? Consumers are already beneficiaries, even if they don?t know it.
- 'Go Right' Goes Viral On YouTube, Proves Video Games Can Be Art [VIDEO]
April 27 2012 1:05 PM
Go Right is a new YouTube video that celebrates side-scrolling video games. It flies in the face of arguments made by Chicago legend Roger Ebert, who has prejudicially declared that video games can never be art.
- Marilyn Monroe Topless Photos: Revealing Photos Taken 6 Weeks Before Death, How Much Will They Make At Auction?
April 27 2012 12:32 PM
Monroe is making headlines again as the last-ever photos taken before her death are set to be auctioned at Bonhams next month. The photos of Marilyn depict her topless, and were taken in a photo shoot six weeks before her untimely death.
- Amazon Euphoria Sends US Stocks Up
April 27 2012 9:09 AM
Stock euphoria over Amazon.com's (Nasdaq: AMZN) first-quarter earnings surprise sent shares of the No. 1 e-retailer soaring, triggering a big rise in the Nasdaq and other averages that eased slightly by midday.
- Amazon?s 1Q Net Dips 35%, Less Than Expected, As Kindle Fire Sales Fuel Huge Sales Gains
April 26 2012 4:53 PM
Amazon.com (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer, reported first-quarter results that easily beat analysts? estimates because of soaring sales of its Kindle Fire tablet.
- iPad Wars: Amazon?s 1Q Report To Show Kindles Gained Market Share
April 26 2012 2:27 PM
Shares of Amazon.com (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. e-retailer, rose slightly Thursday ahead of the company?s report of first-quarter results that might beat analyst estimates.
- Mummy Made Out Of $200 Of McDonald?s Food: How Did Artist Ben Campbell Make The Life Size Mummy? [PHOTOS]
April 26 2012 11:36 AM
Artist Ben Campbell crafted a life-size mummy as a centerpiece for his art show on the link between ancient Egypt and modern society. More impressive than structuring a life-size mummy is building it using $200 worth of McDonald?s food.
- 'Megatron' Calvin Johnson Wins Madden NFL 2013 Cover Vote: 10 Victims Of The 'Madden Curse' [PHOTOS]
April 25 2012 9:12 PM
The Detroit Lions' coveted 6'5 wide receiver -- No. 81 Calvin Johnson, a.k.a. Megatron -- will grace the cover of Madden NFL 13, which is currently slated to release on Aug. 28, 2012. Johnson beat out Cam Newton in a fan vote that culminated with an announcement on Wednesday's episode of ESPN's SportsNation program. Johnson won with 52 percent of the fan vote.
- 'Steal This Art? Painting Stolen From Brooklyn Gallery: Is It Really A Crime?
April 25 2012 11:23 AM
It would be silly for me to act surprised or outraged, the artist said.
- Apple Shares Skyrocket 10%, Pushing Up Overall US Markets
April 25 2012 9:02 AM
Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, skyrocketed 10 percent before the markets opened Wednesday on forecasts of further recordbreaking earnings. That sent overall U.S. markets up.
- The Romancing Of Julia Quinn: ?A Night Like This? Author Talks Genre, Critics, ?Downton Abbey?
April 24 2012 5:29 PM
Julia Quinn is the author of A Night Like This.
- Apple Reports Record Sales, Profits As iPad, iPhone Sales Mushroom
April 24 2012 4:44 PM
Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, reported second-quarter financial results that blew past analyst expectations.
- Marilu Henner: Hyperthymesia Inspires New Book, 'Total Memory Makeover' [VIDEO]
April 24 2012 3:37 PM
Actress Marilu Henner, best known for her role as Elaine Nardo on the hit TV sitcom Taxi, has released a new book called Total Memory Makeover, in which she describes her life with hyperthymesia, also known as the gift of near-perfect memory recall, and instructs others how to better unlock their own memories.
- A Gallery of Picasso's Muses on Offer at Auction
April 24 2012 1:02 PM
Known for his long and passionate personal life as well as his prodigious output, Pablo Picasso has proved to be the most bankable of artists over the past 20 years.