- African Elephant, White Rhino Conservation Efforts Continue, More Help Needed
September 10 2012 5:01 AM
The late South African conservationist Lawrence Anthony, who earned the reputation of calming distressed, wild elephants near his home in Zululand, South Africa, has inspired others including companies to pursue the uneasy path towards life preservation and ecological balance.
- DC Unveils First Muslim-American Superhero, Simon Baz, The New Green Lantern
September 05 2012 9:29 AM
The latest Green Lantern to take the oath of the Green Lantern Corp. also happens to be the first Muslim-American superhero. The power of the Green Lantern comes from a ring forged with the power of will. When a member of the Green Lantern Corp. dies, the ring seeks out a worthy replacement.
- Publishers Agree To Reimburse E-Book Customers $69M In Price-Fixing Scheme
August 31 2012 11:26 AM
Hachette Book Group, Simon & Schuster and HarperCollins Publishers will have to issue reimbursements ranging from 25 cents to $1.32 per book to customers who paid inflated e-book prices between April 1 and May 21, 2010.
- 'The Hunger Games' Outsells 'Harry Potter' On Amazon
August 17 2012 9:08 PM
Suzanne Collins' "The Hunger Games" series outsold J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter" series on Amazon, the Wall Street Journal reported.
- Joe Kubert, Comic Artist And Legend, Dead At 85
August 13 2012 11:24 AM
Joe Kubert, legendary comic artist, has passed away at age 85, reports NJ.com. Kubert, the winner of multiple awards including the prestigious Harvey and Eisner awards, would have been 86 in three weeks.
- Joan Rivers Protests Costco For Banning Her New Book
August 08 2012 8:54 AM
According to On The Red Carpet, Joan Rivers staged an impromptu publicity stunt to drum up sales for her new book. The 79-year-old co-host of E!’s Fashion Police was asked to leave a Burbank Costco after using a megaphone to protest the store for banning her book. Rivers’ latest book “I Hate Everything … Starting With Me” was released on June 5 and has received positive reviews.
- '50 Shades of Grey' Casting: Does It Matter That Matt Bomer Is Gay? [POLL]
August 07 2012 6:49 PM
Matt Bomer is a fan favorite to be casted in the "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie, but some critics are not convinced because the actor is gay.
- The Latest Publishing Craze: Print Books?
August 07 2012 10:24 AM
A new report published by the Book Industry Study Group found that fewer consumers are purchasing books exclusively in electronic formats, while the number of booklovers who have "no preference" for e-books over print books is increasing.
- '50 Shades Of Grey' Trailer With Matt Bomer And Alexis Bledel: Fan Makes Unofficial '50 Shades' Trailer [VIDEO]
August 02 2012 10:11 PM
An unofficial trailer featuring Matt Bomer in the role of Christian Grey and Alexis Bledel as Anastasia Steele has been released on YouTube by courtesy of a "Fifty Shades of Grey" fan, Alex White.
- Gore Vidal Leaves Behind Iconoclastic Memoirs That Survive The Ravages Of Time
August 01 2012 2:11 AM
Celebrated author, playwright, politician and commentator Gore Vidal breathed his last Tuesday and left behind a repository of published works and remarks that were famous for their unconventional wit and wisdom.
- Dennis Rodman To Author Children's Book Inspired By His Family Drama
July 31 2012 4:07 PM
According to MSN, former NBA bad boy Dennis Rodman is hard at work authoring his first children?s book.
- Emma Watson Debunks 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Movie Rumors: 'I Haven't Read The Book, I Haven't Read A Script'
July 31 2012 2:40 PM
The 22-year old actress and former star of "Harry Potter" finally commented on feverish online rumors about her allegedly being cast for the role of Anastasia Steele in the upcoming film adaption of "50 Shades of Grey."
- Maeve Binchy, Prolific Irish Writer, Dead At Age 72, Complete List Of Best Selling Author's Books
July 31 2012 12:32 PM
Best-selling Irish writer Maeve Binchy died on Monday, July 30, following a short illness. She was 72-years-old. Check out a complete list of the best selling author's books.
- Beloved Irish Writer Maeve Binchy Dies At 72
July 30 2012 8:18 PM
Beloved, best-selling Irish writer Maeve Binchy died Monday at the age of 72 after enduring a brief illness, according to reports.
- Jonah Lehrer Resigns From The New Yorker, Apologizes To His Readers For Fabricating Bob Dylan Quotes
July 30 2012 2:52 PM
Acclaimed author and science writer Jonah Lehrer resigned from his position as staff writer at The New Yorker magazine on Monday following a report that he "fabricated" several quotes and details about Bob Dylan's life in his recent best-selling non-fiction work "Imagine: How Creativity Works."
- In Japan, Kobo E-Reader Takes On Paper Books -- And Amazon
July 20 2012 6:00 PM
The Tokyo-based e-commerce giant Rakuten introduced its Kobo Touch e-reader in Japan on Thursday, and early reports suggest that the device is already a hit.
- ’50 Shades of Grey’ Treatment Given to ‘Pride And Prejudice,’ Sherlock Homes And More
July 18 2012 6:50 PM
Soft-porn bondage thriller 50 Shades of Grey is all the rage right now, and everyone is dying to get in on the action. In a transparent bid to capitalize on the new erotic fiction craze, digital publisher Clandestine Classics is releasing a series of erotically remastered versions of classic novels, including Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
- Captain Marvel Gets A Makeover: 5 Superheroes Who Underwent Makeovers
July 18 2012 5:15 PM
Captain Marvel was given a makeover and might now be ready to stand alongside Spider-Man and Captain America as one of Marvel's best characters, USA Today said. She is the superheroine who is formally known as Ms. Marvel.
- Management Guru Stephen Covey Dies At 79
July 17 2012 2:02 AM
Celebrated author and well-known motivational speaker Stephen Covey died Monday owing to complications stemming from a bicycle accident that occurred in April.
- '50 Shades Of Grey' Author E.L. James At Comic-Con: What She Doesn't Want Her Series Called
July 13 2012 5:15 PM
E.L. James signed books for her fans on the first day of Comic-Con convention on Thursday in San Diego, and she took some time to give an interview to the Associated Press. Fans came in bunches to meet the beloved author of the best-selling series Fifty Shades of Grey.