- Stephen Colbert Children’s Book: ‘I Am a Pole (And So Can You!)’ Went from Joke to Book Deal [VIDEO]
February 22 2012 4:16 PM
Stephen Colbert pitched his idea for a children's book about an animated flagpole's identity crisis to Where the Wild Things author Maurice Sendak in a Jan. 25 Colbert Report segment, and now it is slated to be published in late spring.
- Paramount Pictures Sues Mario Puzo Estate to Prevent 'Godfather' Sequel
February 22 2012 2:42 AM
Paramount Pictures, the movie studio that controls all the rights over the fictional mafia family's story The Godfather, has sued the estate of Mario Puzo, arguing that the heirs of the author has wrongfully authorized the publishing of a pair of sequel novels.
- Rare Literary Works from Serendipity Books to Go Under Hammer
February 19 2012 8:45 AM
The much-anticipated Bonhams sale from Serendipity Books in Berkeley, Calif., will start along with a great selection of European paintings and 20th century designs in San Francisco.
- The Financial Crisis Gets a Woman’s Touch in ‘Flipping’
February 13 2012 5:58 PM
Q&A with author Mary A. Ellenton on her debut novel, “Flipping.”
- ‘Tintin in the Congo’ Racist? Not So, Belgium Court Rules
February 13 2012 3:25 PM
A Belgian court has ruled that Tintin in the Congo does not break racism laws and therefore will not be banned in the country
- Tiger Woods Won’t ‘Waste’ Time Reading Haney’s Book
January 19 2012 5:25 PM
Tiger Woods responded to reports that his former swing coach Hank Haney is publishing a book about their time together.
- ‘Twilight’ on Television? Lions Gate Boss Certainly Hopes So!
January 19 2012 3:31 PM
Parting with a favorite movie series can be such sweet sorrow, unless a film executive decides to bring it back and milk it for all it's worth.
- Issa Files OPEN Bill, Rival to SOPA and PIPA, in U.S. House
January 19 2012 10:59 AM
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) formally introduced a copyright bill backed by the Internet industry to rival the controversial Stop Online Privacy Act (SOPA) and Protect IP Act (PIPA).
- Queen Elizabeth Book: 10 Points from the Sally Bedell Smith Biography
January 17 2012 8:03 PM
A biography of the world's most famous royal, Elizabeth the Queen: The Life of a Modern Monarch, unveils the person beneath the crown.
- Top Reasons Why Apple Could Trump Amazon in Digital Textbooks
January 17 2012 7:35 AM
Apple, Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) is expected to announce a digital textbook creation toolkit at its Jan. 19 event in New York City. The move could spell trouble for Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN).
- Rapper Lil' Wayne to Write About His Time in the Clink
January 13 2012 9:50 AM
Lil' Wayne is coming out with a book this year about his time in jail.
- 10 Points Cheat Sheet from ‘The Obamas’ by Jodi Kantor
January 12 2012 11:17 AM
The Obamas by Jodi Kantor, released on Jan. 10 by publisher Little, Brown and Company, unveils the first couple's time in the White House so far. The book delves into the difficult adjustments they had to make, particularly the first lady's acclimation to her new role.
- Michelle Obama on Jodi Kantor Book: I'm Not an 'Angry Black Woman'
January 11 2012 12:30 PM
The first lady told CBS This Morning anchor Gayle King she hasn't read Jodi Kantor's new book on the Obamas, which describes tensions between her and her husband's staff. But she still took offense to reports she clashed with White House top brass as well as grew frustrated with the constraints of being a president's wife.
- Elton John Book to Delve Into AIDS Epidemic
January 09 2012 2:31 PM
Elton John is coming out with a memoir on his experiences with the AIDS epidemic, which affected close friends such as late lead Queen singer Freddie Mercury.
- Tiger Woods Book: Former Coach Hank Haney to Dish About Time with Golfer
January 09 2012 11:55 AM
Tiger Woods' former coach is going to spill some dirt on his time with the professional golfer.
- Harry Potter Director Chris Columbus to Pen Children’s Book
January 05 2012 5:22 PM
Chris Columbus, who directed the first two of the eight Harry Potter movies, is steering his ship in a slightly different direction and penning a children's book.
- Barnes & Noble Shares Fall Briskly Following Forecast Reduction, Spinoff Talk
January 05 2012 11:25 AM
The New York-based retailer said it expects 2012 consolidated sales between $7.0 billion and $7.2 billion. The company expects full year losses to total $1.10 and $1.40 per share.
- Nook Spinoff: Could Barnes & Noble Become Amazon by Spinning Off the Unit?
January 05 2012 10:34 AM
Venerable bookseller Barnes & Noble said it will consider spinning off its thriving Nook business – its thriving e-book unit – while determining its own corporate future.
- Dancing With the Stars Champion JR Martinez to Pen Memoir
January 04 2012 5:57 PM
Iraq war veteran and “Dancing With the Stars” champion J.R. Martinez is penning his memoir.
- Can Taylor Swift Play Eponine in Les Misérables?
January 04 2012 3:36 PM
Taylor Swift has been offered a major role in the upcoming musical film adaptation of the famous Victor Hugo novel “Les Misérables.”