- ?The Social Network? Star Jesse Eisenberg To Narrate Young Adult Novel ?Colin Fischer? For Audiobook: Other Celebrities Who Read To Us [PHOTOS]
June 07 2012 5:28 PM
Who?s your favorite voice?
- Is 'Unfinished' 'Eat Pray Love' For Midlife Moms? A Conversation With Author Suzanne Gravelle
June 06 2012 2:35 PM
Most of the mothers I speak with cannot wait for their children to move out, says the author, who left her own children behind.
- Ray Bradbury Death Prompts Twitter Reaction From Celebrities, Fans Of 'Fahrenheit 451? Author
June 06 2012 1:18 PM
The legendary science fiction writer was 91.
- Ray Bradbury And The Longing Of Childhood
June 06 2012 12:19 PM
The Bradbury stories that resonated most with me were the ones that look not forward but backward. Two books in particular, Dandelion Wine and Something Wicked This Way Comes, capture beautifully the often contradictory fears and desires of childhood.
- Ray Bradbury Dead At 91: Beloved 'Fahrenheit 451' Author Dies In Los Angeles
June 06 2012 10:58 AM
Ray Bradbury, the author of several fantasy, science fiction and mystery books, including the dystopian novel Fahrenheit 451 -- died Tuesday night in Los Angeles. Bradbury was 91.
- ?Skinny Bitch? Diet Book To Get Fiction Treatment
June 05 2012 6:53 PM
Did you read ?Skinny Bitch??
- Joan Rivers Book ?I Hate Everyone? Mocks ?Glee,? Whitney Houston
June 05 2012 5:57 PM
You have been warned.
- 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower' And Other Books Coming Soon To A Theater Near You
June 05 2012 4:32 PM
The recent debut of The Perks of Being a Wallflower trailer has left fans of the book counting the days until the film's release this fall. The popular fish out of water story is just one of many books that are finding their way to the big screen this year.
- Whitney Houston's Mother, Cissy Houston, To Pen Memoir On Late Singer
June 05 2012 1:55 PM
The mother of deceased songstress Whitney Houston is coming out with a book that will tell the story of her daughter's troubled life.
- Twitter Co-Founder Biz Stone Inks Book Deal For ?Things A Little Bird Told Me?
June 05 2012 11:29 AM
Will Stone give pearls of wisdom?
- Prince William Biography ?The Man Who Will Be King? On Sale Now; Author Defended Her Criticism Of Princess Diana
June 05 2012 10:39 AM
The Duke of Cambridge has his eye on us (the media, that is).
- Is Gabriel's Rapture' Sexier Than Fifty Shades Of Grey? Author Sylvain Reynard Says ?Seduction Begins With The Mind?
June 05 2012 9:18 AM
Sylvain Reynard's debut novel Gabriel's Inferno portrays the sultry encounters of a young graduate student, Julianne, and her enigmatic professor, Gabriel Emerson. The romance was hugely popular and fans of the book were eager for a follow up. Their hopes were met when Gabriel's Rapture was released last month. The alluring sequel, which begins in Florence, Italy, focuses on the repercussions of their forbidden love affair.
- Green Lantern Is Gay In DC Comics Revamp
June 01 2012 1:40 PM
But it?s not Hal Jordan.
- Is Snow White Real? A Look Back Into The Life Story Of Countess Margarete Von Waldeck
June 01 2012 10:53 AM
With the premiere of Rupert Sanders' Snow White and the Huntsman starring Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron, many are wondering if the folk tale popularized by the Brothers Grimm and Walt Disney about the girl with hair as black as ebony and skin as white as snow is based on a real person. According to a German scholar named Eckhard Sander, Snow White was indeed real: She was a woman named Margarete von Waldeck, whose life paralleled the folk story.
- ?The Devil Wears Prada? Author Lauren Weisberger Writing Sequel To Bestselling Novel
May 31 2012 5:09 PM
Will Meryl Street star in the inevitable adaptation? We hope so!
- Wal-Mart Leaves ALEC, 22nd Company To Exit Conservative Lobbying Group
May 31 2012 4:11 PM
Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the No. 1 U.S. retailer, said it had quit the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), a Washington, D.C.-based group that lobbies for conservative laws in state legislatures.
- 'Heroes' Actress Ali Larter Might Soon Add 'Author' To Resume
May 31 2012 2:30 PM
It's being called the anti-Goop!
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Banned From Harford Library: Five Other Controversial Erotic Books
May 31 2012 2:28 PM
The literary phenomenon that is Fifty Shades of Grey continues to dominate (no pun intended) the New York Times and Amazon bestseller lists. The racy book and its two sequels have left millions of women glued to their kindles. Written by E.L James, it chronicles the unbridled sexual rendezvous between a young woman, Anastasia Steale and a gorgeous billionaire, Christian Grey.
- ?Twilight? Author Stephenie Meyer Says 'Fifty Shades' Trilogy Is 'Not My Genre'
May 30 2012 6:22 PM
Is she being too nice?
- Hemingway?s Women: HBO Film Looks At Ernest Hemingway?s Relationship With Journalist Martha Gellhorn ? But There Were More
May 30 2012 3:08 PM
Gellhorn regretted falling in love with a man who ?hated his mother.?