- Publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Files For Bankruptcy To Restructure Debt
May 21 2012 3:13 PM
Publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection Monday to restructure $3.1 billion in debt and reduce annual interest costs by around $250 million.
- Jean Craighead George Died: ?Julie Of The Wolves? Author Was 92
May 17 2012 6:52 PM
Which of her books was your favorite?
- Best-Read Cities In America? Seattle, Miami Make The List, But Not New York, Says Amazon
May 17 2012 6:25 PM
Did your city make the list?
- Cuomo Boosts Stature After N.Y. Voters OK School Budget Tax Caps
May 17 2012 12:21 PM
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo won a major boost this week after suburban and upstate voters approved 99 percent of their school budgets, most of which adhered to the Democratic governor?s new property tax cap.
- Carlos Fuentes, Mexican Author Of 'Terra Nostra,' 'The Old Gringo,' Dies At 83
May 15 2012 3:54 PM
Carlos Fuentes has died.
- Zodiac Killer Identified? 91-Year-Old California Man Identified In New Book, 'The Zodiac Killer Cover-Up'
May 15 2012 9:02 AM
The San Francisco Bay murderer in the late 60's known as the Zodiac Killer may have finally been identified.
- Kirk Douglas: 'Spartacus' Actor To Publish E-Memoir, Michael Douglas To Narrate Audiobook
May 14 2012 4:34 PM
I am Spartacus!
- Jose Baez Book: Casey Anthony Lawyer To Write About Trial Experiences
May 10 2012 7:14 PM
Jose Baez is coming out with a book.
- Apple?s ?Correction?: 5 Reasons Why The Shares Have Declined
May 09 2012 3:59 PM
A month ago, shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, closed at their record high of $628.64. On April 10, they hit their all-time high of $644. Now they are at $570.
- Maurice Sendak Death: Writers, Fans React On Twitter To Passing Of ?Where The Wild Things Are? Author
May 08 2012 11:23 AM
Maurice Sendak, 83, has died.
- Maurice Sendak Quotes: Beloved Author Dead At 83 [VIDEO]
May 08 2012 10:11 AM
A collection of the best and most memorable quotes from Maurice Sendak (1928-2012), in honor of a fantastic author who's work touched us all.
- Maurice Sendak, Author Of ?Where The Wild Things Are,? Dies At 83
May 08 2012 9:09 AM
Children's author and illustrator Maurice Sendak has died at the age of 83, reports the New York Times. Sendak is best known for his books Where The Wild Things Are, and In The Night Kitchen. He died on Tuesday in Danbury, Connecticut from complications of a recent stroke.
- 'Fox Mole' Joe Muto Lands Book Deal: Money For Nothing?
May 04 2012 6:01 PM
Does the Fox Mole have a book's worth of insider dirt? We don't think so either.
- Fifty Shades of Grey: 25 Reasons It Leads To Unrealistic Expectations In Men
May 04 2012 3:16 PM
Women all over the world are finding themselves sexually liberated and it's all because of the kinkily fun pleasure fest that is Fifty Shades of Grey. The first book in the erotic trilogy (there's also Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed) currently resides at the top of the New York Times and Amazon.com best seller list.
- Love Erotic E-Books? You?ll Love Sssh.com
May 03 2012 1:01 PM
Despite the controversy and legal battles surrounding e-books, it's clear that lovers of electronic reading aren't going anywhere. E-books are only increasing in popularity and the growing romance and erotic fanbase has had a great deal to do with that. Similarly, reading and writing sultry online fan fiction is becoming immensely popular with women.
- Ryan O?Neal Book ?Both Of Us? And Other Celebrity Memoirs Out In Stores
May 02 2012 5:35 PM
Celebrities are writing a lot these days.
- Ryan O?Neal Book: Writing Farrah Fawcett Memoir Was ?A Way To Stay Close?
May 01 2012 3:25 PM
Ryan O?Neal has published a book about his relationship with the late Farrah Fawcett.
- Microsoft Buys Into Nook: 5 Reasons Why
May 01 2012 3:20 PM
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, announced it'll invest $300 million into a new business with Barnes & Noble (NYSE: BKS) to burnish the future of the Nook.
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': From Princes To Millionaires, Real Life Bachelors Like Christian Grey
April 30 2012 2:58 PM
Fifty Shades of Grey's immense popularity may be attributed to its dashing male character Christian Grey. The 27-year old billionaire is sexy, intelligent, and confident. He also remarkably cultured, enjoying fine wine, classical music, and eye-catching art work.
- Apple Shares Ease On Tax Story, Microsoft-Nook Deal
April 30 2012 9:24 AM
Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, fell 3 percent after Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, and Barnes & Noble (NYSE: BKS) announced a new partnership to battle the iPad.