- Is Gabriel's Rapture' Sexier Than Fifty Shades Of Grey? Author Sylvain Reynard Says ?Seduction Begins With The Mind?
June 05 2012 9:18 AM
Sylvain Reynard's debut novel Gabriel's Inferno portrays the sultry encounters of a young graduate student, Julianne, and her enigmatic professor, Gabriel Emerson. The romance was hugely popular and fans of the book were eager for a follow up. Their hopes were met when Gabriel's Rapture was released last month. The alluring sequel, which begins in Florence, Italy, focuses on the repercussions of their forbidden love affair.
- Green Lantern Is Gay In DC Comics Revamp
June 01 2012 1:40 PM
But it?s not Hal Jordan.
- Is Snow White Real? A Look Back Into The Life Story Of Countess Margarete Von Waldeck
June 01 2012 10:53 AM
With the premiere of Rupert Sanders' Snow White and the Huntsman starring Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron, many are wondering if the folk tale popularized by the Brothers Grimm and Walt Disney about the girl with hair as black as ebony and skin as white as snow is based on a real person. According to a German scholar named Eckhard Sander, Snow White was indeed real: She was a woman named Margarete von Waldeck, whose life paralleled the folk story.
- ?The Devil Wears Prada? Author Lauren Weisberger Writing Sequel To Bestselling Novel
May 31 2012 5:09 PM
Will Meryl Street star in the inevitable adaptation? We hope so!
- Wal-Mart Leaves ALEC, 22nd Company To Exit Conservative Lobbying Group
May 31 2012 4:11 PM
Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the No. 1 U.S. retailer, said it had quit the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), a Washington, D.C.-based group that lobbies for conservative laws in state legislatures.
- 'Heroes' Actress Ali Larter Might Soon Add 'Author' To Resume
May 31 2012 2:30 PM
It's being called the anti-Goop!
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Banned From Harford Library: Five Other Controversial Erotic Books
May 31 2012 2:28 PM
The literary phenomenon that is Fifty Shades of Grey continues to dominate (no pun intended) the New York Times and Amazon bestseller lists. The racy book and its two sequels have left millions of women glued to their kindles. Written by E.L James, it chronicles the unbridled sexual rendezvous between a young woman, Anastasia Steale and a gorgeous billionaire, Christian Grey.
- ?Twilight? Author Stephenie Meyer Says 'Fifty Shades' Trilogy Is 'Not My Genre'
May 30 2012 6:22 PM
Is she being too nice?
- Hemingway?s Women: HBO Film Looks At Ernest Hemingway?s Relationship With Journalist Martha Gellhorn ? But There Were More
May 30 2012 3:08 PM
Gellhorn regretted falling in love with a man who ?hated his mother.?
- Stephen King, Master Of Horror, Returns To Crime With 'Joyland,' A Hardboiled Whodunit
May 30 2012 10:35 AM
King's latest brought his editor to tears.
- Apple?s Antitrust Reply On eBooks: ?We Benefited The Public?
May 30 2012 6:42 AM
Apple has acknowledged that its iPad made it a major force in ebooks but denied that it?s stifling competition in a formal reply to the Justice Department's antitrust suit.
- ?Fifty Shades Of Grey? Book No Longer Banned In Florida County
May 29 2012 11:56 AM
Fifty Shades of Grey, the spicy S&M romance novel penned by E.L. James, proved to be too hot for some bookshelves in Florida. But, just one month after the book was banned, officials have announced the erotic best-seller will be put back in circulation.
- Walter Cronkite Biography Depicts Former CBS Evening News Anchor In Controversial Light
May 25 2012 11:48 AM
Walter Cronkite is best known for his role on CBS's Evening News. Often cited as the most trusted man in America, Cronkite reported on some of the world's most pressing news topics during the 1960s and 1970s. But as most American's have an untarnished image of the legendary reporter, a posthumous biography on Cronkite attempts to share details that just might shed a different light on his legacy.
- ?My Big Fat Greek Wedding? Actress Nia Vardalos To Pen Book On Adoption
May 24 2012 2:47 PM
Nia Vardalos has a book deal with HarperOne.
- Prince William Biographer Hints At Infidelity Fears, Claims Princess Diana Had 'Violent' Mood Swings
May 24 2012 1:23 PM
?Prince William: The Man Who Will Be King? comes out in June.
- ?Fifty Shades? Trilogy Passes 10 Million Mark, Publisher Expects Sales To Keep Rising
May 23 2012 6:25 PM
Have you read ?Fifty Shades of Grey??
- Dang It! Study Examines Profanity In Young Adult Literature
May 23 2012 4:18 PM
Do your favorite characters swear?
- Carol Burnett Book: Comedian To Publish Memoir On Late Daughter, Titled ?Carrie And Me?
May 22 2012 4:49 PM
Burnett?s book is set for release in 2013.
- Publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Files For Bankruptcy To Restructure Debt
May 21 2012 3:13 PM
Publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection Monday to restructure $3.1 billion in debt and reduce annual interest costs by around $250 million.
- Jean Craighead George Died: ?Julie Of The Wolves? Author Was 92
May 17 2012 6:52 PM
Which of her books was your favorite?