- Microsoft, Barnes & Noble Ink New Nook Tie-up
April 30 2012 9:06 AM
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, and Barnes & Noble (NYSE: BKS), said they?ve agreed to collaborate on new tablet technology to battle Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company and Amazon.com (Nasdaq: AMZN).
- Technology Focus: ?Big Data? Goes Consumer, Too
April 29 2012 9:44 AM
It?s not just enterprises and government agencies that are already starting to benefit from the new era of so-called ?Big Data.? Consumers are already beneficiaries, even if they don?t know it.
- Amazon Euphoria Sends US Stocks Up
April 27 2012 9:09 AM
Stock euphoria over Amazon.com's (Nasdaq: AMZN) first-quarter earnings surprise sent shares of the No. 1 e-retailer soaring, triggering a big rise in the Nasdaq and other averages that eased slightly by midday.
- Amazon?s 1Q Net Dips 35%, Less Than Expected, As Kindle Fire Sales Fuel Huge Sales Gains
April 26 2012 4:53 PM
Amazon.com (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer, reported first-quarter results that easily beat analysts? estimates because of soaring sales of its Kindle Fire tablet.
- iPad Wars: Amazon?s 1Q Report To Show Kindles Gained Market Share
April 26 2012 2:27 PM
Shares of Amazon.com (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. e-retailer, rose slightly Thursday ahead of the company?s report of first-quarter results that might beat analyst estimates.
- Rodney King Today: 20 Years After LA Riots, King Discusses New Book And Life After Beating
April 25 2012 2:06 PM
Rodney King's new book, The Riot Within: My Journey From Rebellion to Redemption, was released on April 24. King is best known as the victim of a brutal police beating that took place in Los Angeles, Calif., on March 3, 1991.
- Apple Shares Skyrocket 10%, Pushing Up Overall US Markets
April 25 2012 9:02 AM
Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, skyrocketed 10 percent before the markets opened Wednesday on forecasts of further recordbreaking earnings. That sent overall U.S. markets up.
- The Romancing Of Julia Quinn: ?A Night Like This? Author Talks Genre, Critics, ?Downton Abbey?
April 24 2012 5:29 PM
Julia Quinn is the author of A Night Like This.
- Apple Reports Record Sales, Profits As iPad, iPhone Sales Mushroom
April 24 2012 4:44 PM
Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, reported second-quarter financial results that blew past analyst expectations.
- ?Hemlock Grove? Book Review: Werewolves, Vampires And An Immaculate Conception Coming To Netflix
April 24 2012 2:45 PM
Mangled bodies of teen girls, werewolves, vampires, a Frankenstein-esque creature and an immaculate conception. The town of Hemlock Grove has a lot of mysteries (and a lot of bodies) piling up. Hemlock Grove by Brian McGreevy is bound to suck readers into the mystifying town that has surprises around every corner.
- Celebrate World Book Day With A Romance Novel: 5 Sexy And Fun Books For Women
April 23 2012 5:23 PM
April 24th marks World Book Day, a celebration of authors and books that is recognized by 100 counties. Though it is commonly associated with youngsters, the fun event serves as a reminder to all that reading is an indispensable part of human development. This is particularly true for women, who often seek comfort in tales of romance and forays into feminine desires.
- World Book Day Pick: Make Your Movie Author Barbara Freedman Doyle Talks Filmmaking
April 23 2012 3:48 PM
A new film bible has just been released that delves into the essentials of filmmaking. Make Your Movie: What You Need to Know About the Business and Politics of Filmmaking offers indispensable guidance when it comes to developing your own creative ventures. The information contained perfectly complements what film schools cover.
- Earnings Preview: Apple Expected To Sustain Profit Climb
April 23 2012 12:14 PM
Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, fell again Monday, a day before reporting second-quarter financial results that are expected to be sharply higher than a year ago.
- Technology Focus: Welcome To Era of ‘Big Data’
April 22 2012 10:05 AM
The new investor bywords are “big data.” Initial public offerings last week for both Splunk (Nasdaq: SPLK) and Proofpoint (Nasdaq: PFPT) were smash hits because of it. Big companies like IBM (NYSE: IBM) may be the biggest beneficiaries.
- Penn State Scandal: Joe Paterno Family Slams Allegations In New Book
April 20 2012 1:48 PM
Game Over: Jerry Sandusky, Penn State, and the Culture of Silence is out in stores.
- Romantic E-Book Sales Rise: Romance Novelist, Sylvain Reynard, Tells Us Why
April 18 2012 2:21 PM
Despite the controversy surrounding e-book sales and distribution, one thing is certain: the popularity of e-books like Fifty Shades of Grey isn't going to die out anytime soon. Not only have sales of romantic/erotic fiction risen steeply but writers of the popular genre are capitalizing on the public's e-book preference.
- 'Diablo 3' Release Date: Beta Closes May 1, Novel To Explore Deckard Cain's Past
April 17 2012 8:06 PM
As the release date for Blizzard’s latest venture, “Diablo 3,” draws near the company is preparing the final product for players. This means that the beta, which began in September, will be closing in anticipation of the game’s official release.
- Best Sites For Erotic/Romantic Fan Fiction
April 17 2012 5:23 PM
With the publishing industry experiencing major changes, it's clear that story lovers want access to new reading material in a matter that is swift and of little cost. This is particularly true for romance and erotica lovers who want to enjoy steamy literature from the comfort of their own electronic device.
- Looking For An E-Book Library? Bilbary Is For You
April 17 2012 4:09 PM
E-Books have provided a more convenient reading experience and assured that literature is readily accessible. Yet there's one realm of the e-publishing industry that has been largely avoided; the rental market. There has been rising tension between libraries and the e-book world and it seems as though collaboration between the two is unlikely.
- Amazon’s Bezos Freezes Salary To Bet On Kindle Success
April 17 2012 11:42 AM
Jeffrey Bezos, founding CEO of Amazon.com (Nasdaq: AMZN), froze his salary for the third consecutive year at $81,840. He also received $1.6 million in other compensation, the company’s proxy said.