- ‘Buffy The Vampire Slayer’ Comics Adds Gay Male Vampire Slayer To Season 9
September 12 2012 10:23 AM
When "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" ended its television run in 2003 after seven seasons, creator Joss Whedon moved the spunky blonde and her Scooby gang in a different direction...comic books! Now onto its ninth season in the graphic novel world, the "Buffy" comic series is breaking grounds by adding a gay male vampire slayer -- Billy!
- African Elephant, White Rhino Conservation Efforts Continue, More Help Needed
September 10 2012 5:01 AM
The late South African conservationist Lawrence Anthony, who earned the reputation of calming distressed, wild elephants near his home in Zululand, South Africa, has inspired others including companies to pursue the uneasy path towards life preservation and ecological balance.
- Technology Focus: Amazon’s Bezos Disrupts Again, Devises Apple Challenge
September 09 2012 10:17 AM
Chances are there few personalities as creative, disruptive and rich in the technology sector as Jeff Bezos, the founding CEO of Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer. He's put Borders Books out of business and could even put Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) in its place.
- The Middle-Class And The Death Of Culture
September 07 2012 11:10 AM
Culture in America is dead, largely because the middle-class does not care about such things.
- Amazon Debuts Kindle Fire Upgrades, “Paperwhite”e-Reader
September 06 2012 2:29 PM
Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer, announced a new model of its Kindle Fire tablet, priced at $159 and available Sept. 14, as well as a new version of its e-reader dubbed Paperwhite, priced at $179 and $119.
- E. L. James Speaks About '50 Shades of Grey' Casting Rumors Via Twitter
September 05 2012 6:41 PM
"Fifty Shades of Grey" casting rumors are just that, rumors-- and E. L. James took to Twitter to make sure that everyone knows it whether it's concerning James Deen, Ryan Gosling or Ian Somerhalder.
- Judy Blume, Author Of Young Adult Fiction Books, Reveals Struggle With Breast Cancer
September 05 2012 4:20 PM
Judy Blume, author of popular teen fiction books such as "Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret," announced on her blog that she was diagnosed with breast cancer this summer and has already undergone treatment.
- Judy Blume Shares Breast Cancer Ordeal On Blog
September 05 2012 1:56 PM
Judy Blume announced on Wednesday that she is suffering from breast cancer. The 74-year-old author shared her ordeal via her blog. In a post titled "!@#$% Happens,"
- DC Unveils First Muslim-American Superhero, Simon Baz, The New Green Lantern
September 05 2012 9:29 AM
The latest Green Lantern to take the oath of the Green Lantern Corp. also happens to be the first Muslim-American superhero. The power of the Green Lantern comes from a ring forged with the power of will. When a member of the Green Lantern Corp. dies, the ring seeks out a worthy replacement.
- '50 Shades Of Grey' Movie: Will Porn Star James Deen Play Christian Grey? [PHOTOS]
September 04 2012 9:41 PM
Who better to play "Fifty Shades of Grey's" kinky hunk than a porn star? According to novelist/screenwriter Bret Easton Ellis, porn star James Deen (real name Bryan Matthew Sevilla) is officially in the running to play Christian Grey.
- Publishers Agree To Reimburse E-Book Customers $69M In Price-Fixing Scheme
August 31 2012 11:26 AM
Hachette Book Group, Simon & Schuster and HarperCollins Publishers will have to issue reimbursements ranging from 25 cents to $1.32 per book to customers who paid inflated e-book prices between April 1 and May 21, 2010.
- Christian Grey Is On Twitter And He'll Tweet You Back, 'Laters Baby'
August 29 2012 3:59 PM
Exciting news for fan of the “Fifty Shades of Grey” series, Christian Grey has a Twitter account. For those of you who have ever wanted to meet the characters of “Fifty Shades,” this is probably as close as you can get.
- Beatles Last Concert At Candlestick Park: The Dream Is Over
August 29 2012 6:21 AM
Candlestick marked a dramatic turning point in The Beatles' career and lives.
- Harry Potter Banned By Australian School As 'Un-Christian'
August 27 2012 5:03 PM
10 years after its initial publication, "Harry Potter" is still being banned in some communities for allegedly promoting unchristian-like values. Medowie Christian School, a co-ed K-10 school in New South Wales supported by the Medowie Baptist Community Church, is the latest school to take issue with the popular fantasy series; the Potter series has not only been banned from their school's library, but students participating in a recent parade for "Book Week" were also forbidden f...
- Fox News Exposes Navy SEAL Involved In The Killing Of Bin Laden
August 23 2012 3:35 PM
Fox News revealed the name of a SEAL Team 6 member who had written a book about the killing of Osama bin Laden. "No Easy Day" was written under the pseudonym Mark Owen to protect the retired SEAL and his family.
- '50 Shades of Grey' Casting Rumors: Did Ian Somerhalder Meet With Film Team?
August 20 2012 9:41 PM
Ian Somerhalder reportedly met with the "Fifty Shades of Grey" film team to discuss playing Christian Grey, the Examimer reported.
- Ellora's Cave CEO Talks 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' And The Rise Of Erotic Romance
August 20 2012 10:34 AM
The recent spike in erotic romance book sales may never have happened if it wasn't for a determined college student and single mother named Tina Engler.
- 'The Hunger Games' Outsells 'Harry Potter' On Amazon
August 17 2012 9:08 PM
Suzanne Collins' "The Hunger Games" series outsold J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter" series on Amazon, the Wall Street Journal reported.
- French President Hollande Is No Fan Of Sarkozy
August 16 2012 4:05 PM
A new book out next week reveals some rather intimate details about Former French President Nicholas Sarkozy.
- Google Acquires Frommer Guides Travel Sites From Wiley
August 13 2012 12:23 PM
Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, said it had acquired the famous Arthur Frommer travel guides and other travel assets from publisher John Wiley & Sons (NYSE: JW/A) of New York.