- Technology Focus: Moving to the Zettabyte Era
December 04 2011 10:56 AM
Don’t look now but we’re already in the zettabyte era. Next year, market forecaster IDC predicts, the volume of digital content will rise 48 percent, to 2.7 zettabytes.
- Silicon Valley NYC One Step Closer to Reality
October 31 2011 8:29 PM
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced Monday that a proposal to bring an applied sciences university to the city continues to move forward. Under Applied Sciences NYC, dubbed one of the most exciting projects the city has undertaken in the past decade by U.S. Senator Charles E. Schumer, seven proposals are under consideration for the groundbreaking program. The winner will be awarded free city land and up to $100 million in city capital funding in exchange for constructing a ma...
- Obama Student Loan Plan Aims to Ease Burden of Repayment
October 26 2011 11:36 AM
President Barack Obama Wednesday is expected to announce the details of a new student loan repayment initiative aimed at easing the heavy debt many college graduates face.
- School is a giant fraud: Why it's better to avoid 'costly', 'low quality' college education in US
April 29 2011 4:19 AM
College education in the U.S. is a rip-off, it is no longer a safe investment for the future, and its quality has been so watered down that it doesn't any longer help you get the dream job. Moreover, costly higher education will rather cripple the rest of your life by burdening you with a veritable student loan debt trap!
- Blizzard Entertainment contemplates own Pixar-like University
March 25 2011 7:40 AM
Blizzard co-founder Frank Pierce said that their continued success would depend on the development of a really talented team with some of the best developers in the industry and that they were trying to see if some of it could be nurtured internally.
- Department of Education Letter Gives Some Clarity on New Rules: Analyst
March 21 2011 8:35 AM
Robert W. Baird said there is no change in its education services thesis after viewing the Department of Education's clarification letter for new rules that go into effect July 1, 2011.
- A Career with Facebook: 5 things you should know
March 21 2011 5:56 AM
Wanna work for Facebook? Well, here is a quick checklist of 5 things that you should complete!
- Why don't we have more practicing women engineers?
March 11 2011 5:32 AM
A recent study undertaken by the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (UWM) found that workplace climate was the foremost reason behind women choosing to stay away from the engineering profession after college or quitting it after a temporary stint.
- In Providence, All Teachers Get Termination Notices
February 25 2011 12:04 PM
In one fell swoop, a nearly evenly split Providence, Rhode Island School Board voted on Monday to send out termination notices to all of the city's nearly 2,000 teachers, citing the need to cut a $40 million school budget deficit by March 1.
- Healthcare accounts for 10.7 percent of total U.S. employment: Report
February 21 2011 8:52 AM
The report shows that while healthcare employment rose 6.3 percent, employment in other sectors fell by 6.8 percent cumulatively in the period from December 2007.
- Carbon salaries add color to employment space even during recession
February 17 2011 7:37 AM
Results from The Carbon Salary Survey 2010 reveal that overall, remuneration for professionals working in the field were significantly higher during the year than what had been reported in 2009.
- Home Depot to give boost to job creation by filling 60000 positions
February 16 2011 7:12 AM
The home improvement retailer is set to give significant boost to job creation in the economy, hiring over 60000 seasonal associates to cope with the demands of a busy spring season.
- Southwest Airlines server crashes due to scramble among flight attendant-hopefuls
February 15 2011 6:54 AM
Frenzy among aspirants hoping to make it to the payroll of Southwest Airlines led to the jamming and eventual crash of the carrier's server, preventing many from submitting their applications.
- MBA Employment and Salaries move up as recession fades: Alumni Survey
February 11 2011 1:53 PM
The median base salary for business school alumni in the survey topped US$94,500 in 2010 - well above the pre-recession level of US$89,000 recorded in 2007.
- Harvard Law School collaborates with law firm Milbank for executive development
February 11 2011 3:54 AM
Harvard Law School has announced a new multi-year training program for providing executive education to mid-level associates at Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy over the course of their careers.
- Secure your MBA admission while in college with IESE’s Young Talent Program
February 07 2011 7:19 AM
The program secures pre-admission for university students in the IESE Business School's MBA class and also places them in a prominent firm for two years at least so that they fulfill the experiential requirements of the prestigious full time program.
- Can focus on Video Games and Visual Effects enhance STEM education efficiency?
February 02 2011 3:05 AM
A review conducted by two veterans in these industries in the UK finds that such focus could lead to improvements in STEM education and draw more people towards studying these subjects.
- Radio calling? Explore careers on the airwaves
January 30 2011 8:11 AM
Much has been said about making a career in radio and all we can think of is a Radio Jockey. However, there’s more to a career in radio than jockeying for FM channels.
- Linkedin most popular social media platform among recruiters, says Vault Survey
January 26 2011 11:14 PM
74% of recruiters view it as an important tool for sourcing candidates.
- Stringent selection at Shanghai McDonald’s University inspires comparison with Harvard
January 26 2011 5:39 AM
McDonald's opened the latest Hamburger University in Shanghai in 2010, getting into which has a probability of less than 1 percent.