- Obama Student Loan Plan Aims to Ease Burden of Repayment
October 26 2011 11:36 AM
President Barack Obama Wednesday is expected to announce the details of a new student loan repayment initiative aimed at easing the heavy debt many college graduates face.
- Have Cancer Questions? This Class Provides Answers
August 03 2011 11:30 AM
Cancer classes offered by American Cancer Society.
- South Korea planning to digitize textbooks; what about the US?
July 03 2011 7:43 AM
The students will be able to access the digital learning materials via a cloud-based service.
- Tablets Ideal for Children to Learn Faster, More Enjoyably: Analyst
May 17 2011 6:04 AM
Jefferies & Co. believes that tablets are ideally suited to help children learn faster and more enjoyably. The brokerage said research into early childhood education, educational techniques, and addressing disabilities has revealed a potential link between physical touch and learning.
- Will online education replace traditional learning?
February 22 2011 10:11 AM
Educators love the idea of online courses, but traditional colleges and in-person training programs see it as a threat to their billion-dollar enterprises, says a new report.
- Unique law program inaugurated in London
January 24 2011 9:11 AM
LawWithoutWalls(TM) brings together students, faculty, practitioners, and entrepreneurs from around the world to explore innovation in legal education and practice.
- University of Phoenix to launch dedicated school for continuing education
January 14 2011 5:55 AM
Apollo Group announces the launch of a school under University of Phoenix to provide ongoing education to adults and executives.
- Stanford ties up with IATA to offer aviation management program through distance learning
January 14 2011 3:40 AM
The Center for Professional Development at Stanford University has signed an agreement with the International Air Transport Association (IATA) to offer a unique distance learning program combining aviation training and management fundamentals.
- Google organizes first online science fair for young scientists
January 13 2011 7:31 AM
In partnership with CERN, the LEGO Group, National Geographic, and Scientific American, Google is trying to seek out some of the best young scientists from across the globe.
- Want an MBA? Log on to Facebook
December 09 2010 8:17 AM
Innovative program from the London School of Business and Finance offers an MBA through social media platform Facebook.
- Engines of dotcoms, dotnets, domain names mark global 'decade of Internet'
December 02 2010 2:21 PM
Internet is now world’s single biggest source of information on every known and unknown subject and world’s largest mail order catalog with more than a billion people using it as of 2005 driven by growth of engine of dotcoms, dotnets and the legions of domain names becoming household words.
- Back to basics, the Google way
November 20 2010 8:11 AM
Google's interactive online book simplifies concepts like TCP/IP, HTML language, browser techniques and the threat of malware while on the Net. Titled '20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web', the short HTPL5-compliant explains how the web works in a step-by-step manner.