- Miss World 2011: Who Will Win the Coveted Crown on Sunday? [PHOTOS]
November 05 2011 10:28 AM
The most beautiful women on the planet will be vying for the Miss World 2011 crown at the Earls Court exhibition center in London on Sunday. And the competition is so intense that 36 contestants qualified in the beach beauty segment, instead of the usual 20.
- Mid-Century New York Life Captured in New Photo Exhibit [PHOTOS]
November 02 2011 10:36 PM
Starting Nov. 4, The Jewish Museum will present Radical Camera, a series of photos from New York's famous Photo League, led by Sid Grossman. Here, see photos from the exhibit, and experience how these photographers, almost all recent immigrants, blended art with progressive ideals to paint a stunning picture of New York life in the early 20th century.
- Kodak May Seek $900 Million Cash to Keep Going
October 24 2011 11:31 AM
Eastman Kodak, the ailing imaging giant, met with hedge funds including Cerberus Capital and Silverpoint to raise as much as $900 million in bridge financing.
- Hot Chicks of Occupy Wall Street: Sexism or Motivation? Steven Greenstreet Speaks [VIDEO]
October 19 2011 12:46 PM
The video Hot Chicks of Occupy Wall Street has become an internet sensation since it was posted just six days ago. Critics have accused photographer Steven Greenstreet of sexism and objectification of women. But Greenstreet reveals that, though his initial intentions may have been sophomoric, the video transformed into something more than just some pretty faces.
- Occupy Writers: Lemony Snicket Joins Wall Street Protests with Thirteen Observations
October 18 2011 7:50 PM
Lemony Snicket has joined a new protest movement, Occupy Writers, which posts messages of support and reactions to the Occupy Wall Street movement. Here, read his response, Thirteen Observations from a Discreet Distance, a hilarious and strikingly accurate take on the protests.
- New York Comic Con: Star Wars Actor Lends Powers to ‘NEW-GEN’ Series
October 13 2011 4:27 PM
Star Wars actor Mark Hamill will be a comic consultant.
- Ai Weiwei Named Most Powerful Figure in Art World [PHOTOS & LIST]
October 13 2011 1:21 PM
The controversial artist and activist beat past winners Larry Gagosian and Hans Ulrich.
- Steve Jobs' 'Agony and Ecstasy' Will Play at Public Theater
October 06 2011 8:54 PM
Mike Daisey's new play examines our relationship with technology, the man who helped craft it, and the human cost of creating it.
- Bob Dylan Accused of Copying Photos for his Paintings
September 29 2011 6:30 AM
Bob Dylan's paintings exhibited at a New York art gallery have drawn criticism for similarities to several well-known photographs.
- Actor Taye Diggs Turns Children’s Author, Writes ‘Chocolate Me’
September 27 2011 4:51 PM
Actor Taye Diggs writes children's book.
- New Book of Shel Silverstein Poems Shows Author's Classic Style
September 20 2011 6:06 PM
Silverstein’s “Every Thing On It” released.
- Miss Universe 2011 Leila Lopes: The Most Beautiful Fraud? [PHOTOS]
September 20 2011 2:53 PM
Barely a week after Miss Angola Leila Lopes was crowned Miss Universe 2011, criticisms are flying thick and fast that she had falsified some documents when she applied for the beauty pageant. Naturally, people around the world are curious if Lopes is really the most beautiful woman in the world.
- DC Comics' New Series Gives 'Justice League' a Super Makeover
September 14 2011 3:50 PM
DC Comics' Jim Lee and Geoff Johns knew that fashioning a reboot of the Justice League series would be no easy feat. In an interview with the International Business Times, artist Lee and writer Johns spoke about the new series and some of the challenges they faced.
- Chuseok— A Festival With Two Faces
September 10 2011 5:49 AM
The day is almost half-way over as the sun slowly fades in brightness over Hongdae, where hundreds of restaurants, bars, night clubs, and shops cover the streets and become an important center for night life in Seoul, South Korea.
- Former Dior Designer John Galliano Convicted, Fined for Racist Abuse
September 08 2011 9:32 AM
Prosecutors could have demanded a prison sentence.
- Zoe West Arrested in Times Square for Modeling Nude [VIDEO]
September 01 2011 9:00 AM
Model Zoe West was arrested in Times Square on Wednesday for modeling nude, while only donning body paint.
- Zoe Saldana, 'Colombiana' Star Shines on Three Magazine Covers This Month [VIDEO&PHOTOS]
August 26 2011 11:08 AM
Zoe Saldana graces the cover of three top magazines for September. In edition to her latest Ebony cover, the star has been featured on Latina and Women's Health. This rising star is capturing the eye of everyone in Hollywood.
- Marc Jacobs Headed to Dior? [PHOTOS]
August 23 2011 11:05 AM
Rumors have the Louis Vuitton designer replacing John Galliano.
- Candice Swanepoel Versus Miranda Kerr: Who is the Hotter Victoria?s Secret Angel? (PHOTOS)
August 10 2011 12:30 PM
Candice Swanepoel versus Miranda Kerr, who is the hotter Victoria?s Secret Angel? This could be one of the toughest questions in the world.
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Statue, Not The First Controvery For The Artist [PHOTOS]
August 10 2011 10:19 AM
Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez have joined the catalog of controversial and just plain strange sculptors by artist, Daniel Edwards. He is known for depicting pop culture through his art in symbolic and unconventional ways. He has made headlines for his Paris Hilton sculptor, which featured the heiress dead and awaiting an autopsy. Her live dog climbs over her. Suri Cruise, daughter of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, was also targeted by the artist. He made a piece that featured Suri's first poop...