- Christian Slater Will Star In Lars Von Trier’s ‘Nymphomaniac’
September 12 2012 2:20 PM
Christian Slater has joined the cast of Lars von Trier's sexually charged drama "Nymphomaniac." Amidst reports, courtesy of Shia LaBeouf, that it will contain "real" sex scenes, the controversial film is getting massive attention. The Danish director, who has clashed with such stars as Bjork and Nicole Kidman, is known for making outlandish statements. For instance, at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival, he referred to himself as a "Nazi."
- Trade Magazines Struggle To Stay Relevant: Why Digital May Not Be The Only Answer
September 11 2012 4:23 PM
Once indefensible, industry trades have seen their influence diminish in recent years. Trade magazines such as Variety, the Hollywood Reporter, Backstage and Advertising Age have all tried different ways to cope with a migration of readers from print to the Web.
- One World Trade: Film And TV Producers Navigate New York’s Rapidly Changing Skyline
September 11 2012 12:47 PM
Although still unfinished, One World Trade Center is now the most prominent building in the New York City skyline, leaving film and TV producers with a particular challenge: How do they deal with a skyline that changes by the day?
- Kodak: With Firings, Asset Sales, Company Should Emerge Trimmer, Expert Says
September 11 2012 12:10 PM
Eastman Kodak (Pink: EKDKQ) will win court approval to ax more people and sell units, a veteran bankruptcy lawyer said. But it won't get anything near full price for the units as well as for 1,100 patents that interest Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) and Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) because of the stain of bankruptcy.
- Toronto Film Festival 2012: Terrence Malick's Wife Makes Puzzling 9/11 Comments
September 11 2012 12:06 PM
When Terrence Mallick's "To the Wonder" debuted at the Toronto Film Festival, his wife, Alexandra Wallace, made a bizarre statement regarding the 9/11 attacks.
- Toronto Film Festival 2012: First ‘A Place Beyond The Pines’ Clips Released
September 10 2012 5:46 PM
Since its debut at the Toronto International Film Festival, "A Place Beyond the Pines" has become one of the most talked about films of the season.
- Obama-Bashing Filmmaker Wants To Topple Michael Moore
September 10 2012 5:07 PM
"2016: Obama's America" the second highest-grossing political documentary of all time, right behind Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11."
- Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Wed In Surprise ‘Notebook’ Style Ceremony
September 10 2012 2:31 PM
The surprise wedding between Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds took even the most avid star-gazers by surprise.
- Seth Rogen, Chloe Moretz And Nicolas Cage Join DreamWorks Dream Team: Massive 4-Year Slate Unveiled
September 10 2012 1:20 PM
DreamWorks Animation's ambitious 12-movie slate, the largest ever for an animation studio, includes a combination of sequels, spinoffs, adaptations and, yes, even a few original concepts.
- James Franco Not Making Movie About Lindsay Lohan After Casting Call Sparks Speculation
September 10 2012 12:40 PM
James Franco set off speculation that he was planning to make a movie based on himself and Lindsay Lohan after he put out a casting call asking for a "James Franco type" and a "Lindsay Lohan type."
- Kristen Stewart And James Franco Ignite Romance Rumors
September 10 2012 12:21 PM
Weeks after Kristen Stewart admitted to cheating on Robert Pattinson with her married "Snow White and the Hunstman" director, Stewart was seen flirting with James Franco.
- The End Of Pop Culture: What Eastwooding Tells Us About The Future Of Media
September 09 2012 11:58 AM
From Charlie Sheen's public unraveling to Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comment, the most recognizable pop-culture trends in recent years have come from the real-life folly of the public sphere. That's a far shift, media experts say, from the days when a one-size-fits-all monoculture was produced on Hollywood sound stages and back lots.
- Technology Focus: Amazon’s Bezos Disrupts Again, Devises Apple Challenge
September 09 2012 10:17 AM
Chances are there few personalities as creative, disruptive and rich in the technology sector as Jeff Bezos, the founding CEO of Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer. He's put Borders Books out of business and could even put Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) in its place.
- Kirsten Dunst, Lizzy Caplan, And Isla Fisher Talk 'Bachelorette'
September 07 2012 6:45 PM
When it comes to the film industry, risky comedies starring women are scare. It seems that for every 10 movies like "The Hangover," there are one or two like "Bridesmaids." Leslye Headland's "Bachelorette" is one of those rare motion pictures that dare to feature inherently flawed female characters.
- Kristen Stewart Is Back In The Spotlight At The Toronto Film Festival Premiere Of 'On The Road'
September 07 2012 5:53 PM
Ever since Kristen Stewart's high-profile breakup with Robert Pattinson, Stewart has mostly been staying out of the limelight. However, it looks like the young star is ready to step back into the spotlight after she appeared at the Toronto Film Festival for the premiere of her new movie "On the Road."
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' DVD And Blu-Ray Release To Include A Longer, Extended Cut Of The Film
September 07 2012 3:34 PM
Running just under three hours, “The Dark Knight Rises” is this summer’s longest blockbuster. When the film releases on DVD and Blu-ray, the film will be even longer, apparently.
- The Middle-Class And The Death Of Culture
September 07 2012 11:10 AM
Culture in America is dead, largely because the middle-class does not care about such things.
- Robert Pattinson Debuts New ‘Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2’ Trailer At MTV VMA’s, Watch The Trailer Here [VIDEO]
September 07 2012 7:56 AM
The MTV Video Music Awards aired live from Los Angeles on Thursday night. Robert Pattinson and a few of his "Twilight" costars appeared on stage during the award show to give fans a taste of "Breaking Dawn Part 2" in a brand new trailer.
- Kristen Stewart Apologizes To Fans At Toronto Airport [VIDEO]
September 06 2012 8:34 PM
Kristen Stewart apologized to her fans when she rushed through the airport on Wednesday in Toronto, Entertainment Wise reported.
- Robert Pattinson Heads to VMAs Without Kristen Stewart
September 06 2012 6:20 PM
After Stewart's very public cheating, Pattinson will be appearing alone at tonight's MTV Video Music Awards.