- 'Hunger Games' Casting News: Bruno Gunn Will Play Brutus
August 08 2012 6:28 PM
Another day, another tribute is cast in "The Hunger Games" sequel "Catching Fire."
- ‘Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2’ Director Bill Condon Speaks On Kristen Stewart Rupert Sanders Cheating Scandal
August 08 2012 3:16 PM
The cast and crew of the "Twilight" franchise were ordered to keep tight lipped about Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's fall out, but "Breaking Dawn Part 2" director Bill Condon has some choice words to say.
- Jeremy Renner Takes On 'The Bourne Legacy': Five Things You May Not Know About Him
August 08 2012 10:51 AM
With "The Bourne Legacy" set to hit theaters this Friday, Jeremy Renner is poised for yet another box office smash. Here are five things you may not know about Renner.
- 'Hunger Games' Star Jennifer Lawrence Set To Earn $10 Million For Sequel 'Catching Fire'
August 08 2012 10:19 AM
Jennifer Lawrence, star of “The Hunger Games” is set to earn $10 million for the sequel, entitled “Catching Fire”, according to MSN. “The Hunger Games” grossed over $680 million worldwide at the box office when it released back in March, and a sequel was greenlit immediately, as there are further entries in the young adult book series.
- Joss Whedon Confirmed to Write, Direct ‘Avengers 2,' Developing Unnamed TV Series for Marvel
August 08 2012 10:18 AM
Disney CEO Bob Iger announced on Tuesday that director Joss Whedon of "Buffy" fame would be signing on for another round with Marvel, directing and writing the sequel to the blockbuster hit "The Avengers." But longtime Whedon fans may be more surprised by another piece of news: Whedon will also be developing a new live action TV show for Marvel, to be broadcast on ABC.
- '50 Shades of Grey' Casting: Does It Matter That Matt Bomer Is Gay? [POLL]
August 07 2012 6:49 PM
Matt Bomer is a fan favorite to be casted in the "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie, but some critics are not convinced because the actor is gay.
- Jennifer Lawrence Reported Getting $9.5 Million Raise For 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire'
August 07 2012 5:31 PM
Jennifer Lawrence will get a $9.5 million raise for the "Hunger Games" sequel "Catching Fire," according to reports.
- Film's Cutest Older Couples
August 07 2012 5:23 PM
"Hope Springs," a movie about shaking up a longstanding marriage and recapturing intimacy, premieres Wednesday. Whether Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones' romance will ring true (or at least adorable) remains to be seen, but here are some other older movie couples who prove romance need never die.
- James Bond Channel: Watch 007 24/7 On BSkyB Before 'Skyfall' Release
August 07 2012 4:28 PM
Now you can get your fix of 007 24-7, as British network BSkyB is dedicating an entire channel to James Bond.
- Judith Crist, Once America's Best-Known Film Critic, Dead at 90
August 07 2012 3:26 PM
Judith Crist, one of America's most popular movie critics for decades, died Tuesday at her New York home at age 90.
- Osama Bin Laden Film 'Zero Dark Thirty' Getting Early Oscar Buzz
August 07 2012 2:56 PM
The trailer for Katherine Bigelow's latest effort, "Zero Dark Thirty," has just premiered and already the film is generating Oscar buzz.
- ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Originally Included Origin Story For Bane That Christopher Nolan Allegedly Cut - Report
August 07 2012 2:37 PM
"The Dark Knight Rises" costume designer revealed in an interview recently that Christopher Nolan originally included an extended flashback sequence for Tom Hardy's character allegedly explaining Bane's origin story as a supervillain.
- Bret Easton Ellis Not Adapting 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' For The Screen
August 07 2012 2:32 PM
According to Vulture, author/screenwriter Bret Easton Ellis will not be tackling the adaptation of “Fifty Shades Of Grey” for Universal Pictures. The author, best-known for his controversial 1991 novel “American Psycho” has been lobbying hard for the adapting gig, while his most recent film “The Canyons” shoots with Lindsay Lohan in the lead.
- Image Of Daniel Day-Lewis As Abraham Lincoln Surfaces
August 07 2012 10:53 AM
Thanks to Entertainment Weekly, an image of Daniel Day-Lewis as President Abraham Lincoln has emerged. The film (aptly titled “Lincoln”) is being directed by Steven Spielberg with a script courtesy of Tony Kushner (“Munich,” “Angels In America”). The method actor was last seen in the box-office disaster “Nine,” a musical adaptation of Fellini’s “8 1/2”.
- Marvin Hamlisch, Composer, Dead At Age 68
August 07 2012 10:23 AM
Marvin Hamlisch, best known for his scores to “The Sting” and “The Way We Were” (for which he won Academy Awards), has passed away at the age of 68, according to USA Today.
- Miley Cyrus Graces Cover Of Marie Claire's September Issue
August 06 2012 6:41 PM
The September issue of Marie Claire features Miley Cyrus on its cover, and possible news about her relationship with fiance Liam Hemsworth.
- "Zero Dark Thirty," Katherine Bigelow Film About Hunt For Osama Bin Laden, Finally Gets A Trailer [VIDEO]
August 06 2012 3:55 PM
After months of speculation and accusations of favoritism and compromising national security on the part of the Obama administration, Katherine Bigelow's new movie "Zero Dark Thirty" is finally revealed to the public in a new teaser trailer.
- 'The Great Gatsby' Won't Hit Theater Until Summer 2013
August 06 2012 2:00 PM
Ruining the plans of literary geeks and high school English classes everywhere, Baz Luhrmann's adaptation of "The Great Gatsby" will be released in summer of 2013 instead of this December, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- Marilyn Monroe: Fifty Years Later, Still The Greatest Star On The Planet
August 05 2012 4:23 PM
Marilyn is as great a legend as this country as ever produced – she shares eternal life with such luminaries as Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, John Wayne and Louis Armstrong.
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' Trumps Colin Ferrell's 'Total Recall' Remake At The Box Office
August 04 2012 7:46 PM
For the third Friday in a row, "The Dark Knight Rises" reigned supreme at the box office. Christopher Nolan's conclusion of his Batman trilogy earned $10.4 million, while newcomer "Total Recall," starring Colin Ferrell and Jessica Biel, managed to pull in just $9.2 million its first day in theaters.