- Technology Focus: ?Big Data? Goes Consumer, Too
April 29 2012 9:44 AM
It?s not just enterprises and government agencies that are already starting to benefit from the new era of so-called ?Big Data.? Consumers are already beneficiaries, even if they don?t know it.
- Hyman Strachman, 'Good Guy Pirate': 92-Year-Old WWII Vet Sends Bootlegged DVDs To Troops Abroad
April 27 2012 3:54 PM
Hyman Strachman has created hundreds of thousands of bootlegged copies of popular movies, from The Hangover to Gran Torino. One would think Strachman is Public Enemy No. 1 to the MPAA, but on the contrary, this 92-year-old World War II vet is just looking to stay busy after the death of his wife, copying DVDs to send to American soldiers currently fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Amazon Euphoria Sends US Stocks Up
April 27 2012 9:09 AM
Stock euphoria over Amazon.com's (Nasdaq: AMZN) first-quarter earnings surprise sent shares of the No. 1 e-retailer soaring, triggering a big rise in the Nasdaq and other averages that eased slightly by midday.
- Marilu Henner: Hyperthymesia Inspires New Book, 'Total Memory Makeover' [VIDEO]
April 24 2012 3:37 PM
Actress Marilu Henner, best known for her role as Elaine Nardo on the hit TV sitcom Taxi, has released a new book called Total Memory Makeover, in which she describes her life with hyperthymesia, also known as the gift of near-perfect memory recall, and instructs others how to better unlock their own memories.
- Janet Jackson's 'Wardrobe Malfunction' May Head To Supreme Court
April 18 2012 4:06 PM
The Obama administration's Supreme Court attorney asked the justices to review the Federal Communications Commission's $550,000 fine against CBS for airing the infamous Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction during the 2004 Super Bowl.
- Apple Shares Recover In Tuesday Trading
April 17 2012 9:01 AM
Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, recouped all their Monday losses and gained more in Tuesday trading.
- WikiLeaks' Julian Assange To Host Talk Show While Under House Arrest
April 13 2012 3:45 PM
The World Tomorrow will feature interviews with politicians, revolutionaries, intellectuals, artists and visionaries. Its host remains under house arrest in Britain, fighting extradition to Sweden on sex charges.
- SOPA Is 'Dead,' Film Industry Lobbyist Chris Dodd Says
April 12 2012 12:16 PM
Chris Dodd, a former U.S. senator who heads the Motion Picture Association of America, said there will be another push for some kind of anti-piracy legislation after the 2012 elections.
- ‘Saved From the Titanic’: Survivor Dorothy Gibson’s Lost Titanic Movie
April 11 2012 2:55 PM
Survivor Dorothy Gibson's “Saved From the Titanic” (1912) was the original Titanic mythmaker and the first movie to tackle the disaster. Yet like the ship itself, the film is now the stuff of legends.
- Keith Olbermann v. Al Gore's Current TV: Public Feud Sparks Dueling Contract Suits
April 06 2012 1:39 PM
Current TV said Keith Olbermann broke his contract by missing work and sabotaging the network. Olbermann says he was punished for his unwillingness to tolerate the incompetence of network management.
- Woody Allen ‘To Rome With Love’ Trailer: IQ in Euros, Allen on Camera and the Return of Benigni [VIDEO]
April 03 2012 2:39 PM
To Rome With Love opens in June.
- Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1 Review: Knowledge and Power
April 02 2012 4:13 PM
Sunday's episode, The North Remembers, is full of buried truths interlaced with brutality. Even for the viewer armed with unparalleled perspective, uncertainty is the theme. (And readers of George R. R. Martin's book series are kept guessing with the juggling of scenes and new insertions.)
- Michael Bay Talks ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ Movie; Not All Fans Feeling The Turtle Power
March 21 2012 5:00 PM
Not all fans are showing Michael Bay the TMNT love.
- Jake Gyllenhaal, The Shoes: Actor Puts on Serial Killer Hat for French Music Video
March 13 2012 11:29 AM
The video is gory, the song is brilliant.
- Rare Classic Movie Posters Found in U.S. Attic May Fetch $250,000
March 13 2012 2:45 AM
A collection of rare movie posters from the Golden Age of Hollywood has been found in an attic in Pennsylvania and is expected to fetch around $250,000 at a Texas auction on March.23, 2012.
- Julia Roberts Vanity Fair Cover: Actress Talks Fame, Children and Young Stars
February 28 2012 1:54 PM
Julia Roberts is gracing the cover of Vanity Fair’s April issue.
- Watch Oscar 2012 Red Carpet Livestreaming: Full List of Nominees; Oscar iPad/ iPhone Apps
February 26 2012 7:33 AM
The countdown for the much-awaited Oscar/ 84th annual Academy Awards has begun. It will be aired from Kodak Theatre, Calif., Feb. 26.
- Oscars 2012: Sacha Baron Cohen Banned by the Academy, Tickets Pulled
February 23 2012 8:58 AM
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has banned Borat actor Sacha Baron Cohen from attending the 2012 Oscars ceremony in fear he will show up dressed as the character from his upcoming film, The Dictator.
- Oscar Pool 2012: How to Win and Betting Tips Guide for Oscars Nominations Ballot
February 22 2012 11:37 AM
On the heels of sulking in shame at the water cooler for epically losing that Super Bowl office pool you were forced to engage in, why not try your luck at an Oscar pool for the 84th Academy Awards? Here is a guide for setting up the betting pool, tips for how to win and a guide for selecting the best of the nominations on the 2012 Oscars ballot.
- Jeremy Lin Puns on Letterman's Top 10: Linsanity Reaches 'Late Night' [VIDEO]
February 16 2012 9:10 AM
David Letterman took a stab at Linsanity with a Jeremy Lin inspired Top 10 list.