- 'Stories We Tell': Don't Try This At Home [REVIEW]
May 04 2013 9:22 AM
Family secrets are unpacked in "Stories We Tell," Sarah Polley's sort-of-documentary that plays with truthfulness in storytelling.
- Israel's 'Big Bad Wolves': Sweet Revenge In A Tale Of Horror
April 26 2013 7:18 PM
"Big Bad Wolves" walks the line between horror and comedy, offering a suspenseful story that ends too soon.
- The Softer Side Of Rocco Landesman: NEA Grants Bring The Arts To Your Town
July 28 2012 6:18 PM
Earlier this month, the NEA announced the second round of grants for its ambitious nationwide initiative dubbed Our Town, in which its provides funds to struggling neighborhoods for the purpose of investing in theater, dance, music, writing and visual art.
- California Man Removes 50,000 Bees From His Home [VIDEO]
July 12 2012 9:48 PM
When Larry Chen, a 27 year-old photojournalist from Los Angeles, noticed bees buzzing around his window, he expected he might have a problem on his hands. What he didn't expect was an infestation of 50,000 bees living inside his house.
- Apple?s ?Correction?: 5 Reasons Why The Shares Have Declined
May 09 2012 3:59 PM
A month ago, shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, closed at their record high of $628.64. On April 10, they hit their all-time high of $644. Now they are at $570.
- Technology Focus: Facebook?s Risky IPO Could Poison The Pipeline
May 06 2012 9:15 AM
Two weeks from now, management at Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social network, will likely be partying. CFO Dave Ebersman probably will be tallying up at least $6.3 billion in cash from its initial public offering.
- First Facebook Trade At $35? Not If History Has A Vote
May 04 2012 1:07 PM
Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social network, has decided to pitch its initial public offering of 337.4 million shares at $35 apiece, which could raise as much as $13.6 billion, assuming over-allotment options.
- Grupa ADV, Polish Media Group, Expects International Sales To Double In 2012
April 30 2012 12:56 PM
Grupa ADV (Pink: GPVSY), a fast-growing Polish media and software group, expects international sales to double this year, said CFO Adam Kuszyk.
- Apple Shares Ease On Tax Story, Microsoft-Nook Deal
April 30 2012 9:24 AM
Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, fell 3 percent after Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, and Barnes & Noble (NYSE: BKS) announced a new partnership to battle the iPad.
- Technology Focus: ?Big Data? Goes Consumer, Too
April 29 2012 9:44 AM
It?s not just enterprises and government agencies that are already starting to benefit from the new era of so-called ?Big Data.? Consumers are already beneficiaries, even if they don?t know it.
- Hyman Strachman, 'Good Guy Pirate': 92-Year-Old WWII Vet Sends Bootlegged DVDs To Troops Abroad
April 27 2012 3:54 PM
Hyman Strachman has created hundreds of thousands of bootlegged copies of popular movies, from The Hangover to Gran Torino. One would think Strachman is Public Enemy No. 1 to the MPAA, but on the contrary, this 92-year-old World War II vet is just looking to stay busy after the death of his wife, copying DVDs to send to American soldiers currently fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Amazon Euphoria Sends US Stocks Up
April 27 2012 9:09 AM
Stock euphoria over Amazon.com's (Nasdaq: AMZN) first-quarter earnings surprise sent shares of the No. 1 e-retailer soaring, triggering a big rise in the Nasdaq and other averages that eased slightly by midday.
- Marilu Henner: Hyperthymesia Inspires New Book, 'Total Memory Makeover' [VIDEO]
April 24 2012 3:37 PM
Actress Marilu Henner, best known for her role as Elaine Nardo on the hit TV sitcom Taxi, has released a new book called Total Memory Makeover, in which she describes her life with hyperthymesia, also known as the gift of near-perfect memory recall, and instructs others how to better unlock their own memories.
- Janet Jackson's 'Wardrobe Malfunction' May Head To Supreme Court
April 18 2012 4:06 PM
The Obama administration's Supreme Court attorney asked the justices to review the Federal Communications Commission's $550,000 fine against CBS for airing the infamous Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction during the 2004 Super Bowl.
- Apple Shares Recover In Tuesday Trading
April 17 2012 9:01 AM
Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, recouped all their Monday losses and gained more in Tuesday trading.
- WikiLeaks' Julian Assange To Host Talk Show While Under House Arrest
April 13 2012 3:45 PM
The World Tomorrow will feature interviews with politicians, revolutionaries, intellectuals, artists and visionaries. Its host remains under house arrest in Britain, fighting extradition to Sweden on sex charges.
- SOPA Is 'Dead,' Film Industry Lobbyist Chris Dodd Says
April 12 2012 12:16 PM
Chris Dodd, a former U.S. senator who heads the Motion Picture Association of America, said there will be another push for some kind of anti-piracy legislation after the 2012 elections.
- ‘Saved From the Titanic’: Survivor Dorothy Gibson’s Lost Titanic Movie
April 11 2012 2:55 PM
Survivor Dorothy Gibson's “Saved From the Titanic” (1912) was the original Titanic mythmaker and the first movie to tackle the disaster. Yet like the ship itself, the film is now the stuff of legends.
- Keith Olbermann v. Al Gore's Current TV: Public Feud Sparks Dueling Contract Suits
April 06 2012 1:39 PM
Current TV said Keith Olbermann broke his contract by missing work and sabotaging the network. Olbermann says he was punished for his unwillingness to tolerate the incompetence of network management.
- Woody Allen ‘To Rome With Love’ Trailer: IQ in Euros, Allen on Camera and the Return of Benigni [VIDEO]
April 03 2012 2:39 PM
To Rome With Love opens in June.