- Getty Images Sued Over Infamous Settlement Letters
August 26 2014 5:09 PM
Getty Images was hit with a lawsuit by copyright lawyers accusing the stock photo company of “deceptive business practices.”
- Layoffs Loom At Time Warner’s Turner Broadcasting
August 26 2014 12:06 PM
Under pressure to increase profitability, Turner Broadcasting is planning to cut costs with buyouts and layoffs.
- NY Times' 'No Angel' Mike Brown Profile Outrages Readers
August 25 2014 4:47 PM
The New York Times published profiles of Mike Brown and Darren Wilson, the officer who killed him, on the day before Brown's funeral, angering many readers.
- Japan Considering Unapproved Ebola Drug In Special Circumstances
August 25 2014 1:40 AM
Japan’s Fujifilm and its U.S. partner MediVector plan to use the drug in the fight against Ebola.
- Why Are The Emmys On A Monday? It’s Complicated
August 22 2014 5:18 PM
The Primetime Emmy Awards will air on a Monday for the first time since 1976, the result of numerous scheduling hassles.
- Canada Is Planning To Break Up Cable Bundles
August 22 2014 3:42 PM
Canadians might be able to pay for the channels they want by 2015.
- Photographer Accuses Ferguson Cop Of Pulling Gun On Him
August 22 2014 10:26 AM
The National Press Photographers Association wants an investigation after a photographer accused a Ferguson cop of pulling a gun on him.
- Al-Jazeera Journalists Appeal Egyptian Court Conviction
August 22 2014 3:06 AM
The convictions, which sparked international outrage, saw several foreign journalists being handed down lengthy prison sentences.
- Homeric Epic: The 10 Best ‘Simpsons’ Episodes Ever
August 21 2014 9:17 PM
FXX is showing every “Simpsons” episode back to back, but a lot of them aren’t that good. Here are 10 you should see.
- Is James Foley’s Death A Win For Enemies Of Press Freedom?
August 21 2014 2:43 PM
Free-press groups worry that James Wright Foley’s execution could further deter the media from covering conflict zones.
- Amazon's Drones May Fly First In India: Report
August 21 2014 1:04 AM
Amazon might be preparing to test its 'octocopter' Prime Air delivery drones in India in late October, The Economic Times reports.
- What's The Real Story In Ferguson?
August 20 2014 10:45 AM
Some news watchers worry that Michael Brown’s death may be obscured by reporters inserting themselves into his narrative.
- Calls For Restraint In Disseminating Execution Video
August 19 2014 7:24 PM
Twitter users are asking social media not to share a video that appears to show James Foley's execution.
- Darren Wilson Supporters Turn To Crowdfunding
August 19 2014 1:21 PM
Via T-shirt sales and GoFundMe, supporters have raised more than $20,000 for the Ferguson police officer who shot Mike Brown.
- Racial Differences On Display In Reaction To Mike Brown's Death
August 18 2014 4:47 PM
Reactions to the shooting death of Mike Brown are sharply divided along racial lines.
- Zelda Williams’ Twitter Problem Is Everyone’s Problem
August 15 2014 11:56 AM
Twitter has vowed big changes in light of vicious tweets aimed at Robin Williams’ daughter. Can it really win at Whac-a-Troll?
- Media Blackout Backfires In Ferguson
August 14 2014 2:11 PM
Amid fierce protests over the killing of Mike Brown, Ferguson officials incorrectly thought they could suppress vital information.
- When A Comcast Complaint Is A Work Of Art (And A Cry For Attention)
August 13 2014 4:00 PM
Fed-up customers are taking a cue from Ryan Block and turning their tales of Comcast woe into listicles and videos. Will they work?
- Middle-Age Suicide: A Silent Epidemic
August 12 2014 3:19 PM
The death of actor Robin Williams is drawing attention to the rising rates of suicide among baby boomers.
- Praising Robin Williams, Obama Frustrates Mike Brown Supporters
August 11 2014 10:45 PM
Brown’s supporters have been calling on the president to issue a statement condemning the 18-year-old’s killing on Saturday.