- Zelda Williams’ Twitter Problem Is Everyone’s Problem
August 15 2014 11:56 AM
Twitter has vowed big changes in light of vicious tweets aimed at Robin Williams’ daughter. Can it really win at Whac-a-Troll?
- Media Blackout Backfires In Ferguson
August 14 2014 2:11 PM
Amid fierce protests over the killing of Mike Brown, Ferguson officials incorrectly thought they could suppress vital information.
- When A Comcast Complaint Is A Work Of Art (And A Cry For Attention)
August 13 2014 4:00 PM
Fed-up customers are taking a cue from Ryan Block and turning their tales of Comcast woe into listicles and videos. Will they work?
- Middle-Age Suicide: A Silent Epidemic
August 12 2014 3:19 PM
The death of actor Robin Williams is drawing attention to the rising rates of suicide among baby boomers.
- Praising Robin Williams, Obama Frustrates Mike Brown Supporters
August 11 2014 10:45 PM
Brown’s supporters have been calling on the president to issue a statement condemning the 18-year-old’s killing on Saturday.
- Robin Williams Dead At 63
August 11 2014 7:17 PM
Williams was found dead in his home Monday. The cause of death is believed to be suicide from asphyxia, but an investigation is pending.
- ‘Iraq Has Taken A Promising Step Forward’
August 11 2014 6:36 PM
In brief remarks Monday, U.S. President Barack Obama praised the nomination of Haider Al-Abadi as Iraq’s new prime minister.
- Amazon Plays Cat And Mouse With Disney
August 10 2014 5:27 PM
In yet another apparent contract dispute, Amazon.com Inc. halted pre-orders on major titles from the Walt Disney Company.
- Thousands Of Iraqi Civilians Flee Mount Sinjar
August 10 2014 12:06 PM
Following a series of U.S. airstrikes, some 20,000 Iraqi civilians, mostly from the Yazidi minority, have managed to flee to Syria.
- Stewart Saddened By Accident That Killed Ward
August 10 2014 10:21 AM
Stewart: "There aren’t words to describe the sadness I feel."
- New York Art Galleries Paint Interns Into A Corner
August 08 2014 4:22 PM
New York’s swanky art world loves free labor. Why do job boards like New York Foundation for the Arts enable it?
- Child Porn Tip Spikes Gmail Privacy Concerns
August 07 2014 9:31 AM
Searches for “Gmail privacy” are up this month after a Google tip led to the arrest of a registered sex offender. How much does Google really know?
- What's Worse: The Comcast Merger Or Drunk Justin Bieber?
August 06 2014 11:59 AM
A consumer group says the proposed Comcast-TWC coupling would be worse than putting Justin Bieber in a speeding Lamborghini.
- Is Gannett Spinoff A Death Knell For Print?
August 05 2014 5:58 PM
Analysts weigh in as USA Today parent becomes media’s latest separation story.
- Here’s The Israeli Newspaper Both Sides Are Reading
August 05 2014 12:59 PM
Most people get their news from sources that reaffirm their biases. Haaretz, a daily Israeli newspaper, may be able to bridge that gap.
- Can Gaza Coverage Rescue Al-Jazeera America?
August 04 2014 6:38 PM
An ad campaign promotes Al-Jazeera America’s on-the-ground coverage of Gaza, which has boosted ratings for the struggling network.
- Word On The Street: Murdoch Wants HBO
August 04 2014 3:08 PM
As Rupert Murdoch salivated, HBO’s deal with Amazon Prime helped Time Warner’s Q2 profits.
- Disney Q3 Earnings: More Cold Comfort From ‘Frozen’ Fever
August 04 2014 9:42 AM
The Walt Disney Company is expected to report higher profits on Tuesday thanks to the continued success of ‘Frozen’ and ESPN’s World Cup coverage.
- No Use Crying Over Kid-Free Restaurants
July 31 2014 4:27 PM
California’s Old Fisherman's Grotto is getting equal parts cheers and jeers over its “no crying children” policy, but kid-free restaurants are not uncommon.
- Fifty Shades of Grey Launches Fictional Grey Enterprises Internship Program
July 31 2014 3:24 PM
"Fifty Shades" can promote the film through a social media campaign that allows people to become "interns" at the fictional Grey Enterprises