- Boeing Vs EADS: Who will win the $35 billion air tanker project?
February 22 2011 5:04 AM
The race is between US-based Boeing Co. and European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (EADS) and the outcome will drastically change the face of both the country's employment sector.
- Royal Jet to enter India’s fast growing luxury private aviation industry
February 21 2011 8:11 AM
Abu Dhabi-based luxury aviation services Royal Jet is in intensified efforts to enter the fast growing private aviation sector in India at the Indian Business Aviation Expo (IBAE).
- Exclusive aviation program at 40 percent less than fractional schemes
February 12 2011 3:25 AM
Private aviation company, XOJET Inc, has announced its one-of-a-kind private aviation program called Coast2Coast.
- Six people reportedly killed in Cork plane crash
February 10 2011 7:53 AM
A plane traveling from Belfast crashed at Cork Airport in the Republic of Ireland on Thursday, aviation officials at the airport said.
- Aero India 2011: Eurofighter consortium seeks industrial partnership with India
February 10 2011 6:56 AM
In order to phase India into the global Eurofighter Typhoon program as a significant manufacturing and engineering partner, the Eurofighter partners will promote strategic relationship between India and Europe.
- Pittsburgh-based company books first ticket to moon in $30-mln Lunar Race
February 09 2011 7:10 AM
Getting a head start in a $30 million Lunar race, Pittsburgh-based company, Astrobotic Technology, has already booked a ticket to the moon on SpaceX.
- Delta to introduce comfort economy seats on international flights
February 07 2011 10:57 PM
Delta Air Lines will bring in “Economy Comfort” section, featuring more legroom and seats with additional recline on its long-haul international flights this summer.
- Italian Eurofighter Typhoons land in Bengaluru for Aero India 2011
February 05 2011 12:56 AM
Two Eurofighter Typhoons of the Italian Air Force arrived at Yelahanka Air Force Station in Bengaluru, India, on Friday to showcase their outstanding operational capabilities at “Asia’s premiere air show,” Aero India 2011.
- Egyptian protesters ransack Cairo museum, smash mummies
January 30 2011 2:49 AM
The mass anti-government protests in Egypt took a toll on Cairo’s Egyptian Museum that houses the world's largest collection of Pharaoh-era antiquities, when protesters shattered heads of two mummies and damaged about ten small artifacts on Saturday.
- Thomas Cook Group signs contract for 12 A321 aircrafts with Sharklets
January 27 2011 1:50 AM
Leading leisure travel group, Thomas Cook, has signed a binding contract with Airbus on Tuesday for 12 new A321 aircrafts as part of its single aisle fleet harmonization and renewal plan.
- Is China’s stealth fighter jet replica of American technology?
January 24 2011 6:18 AM
In 1999, a US high-tech stealth fighter jet was drowned by a vintage SA-3 missile shot by a Siberian air-force commander named Col. Zoltan Dani.
- China confirms $19 billion agreement with Boeing
January 20 2011 4:20 AM
Global aircraft manufacturers, Boeing received final approval on Wednesday from the Chinese Government confirming a $19 billion aircraft agreement.
- Airbus still No. 1 plane maker, outpaces Boeing in plane orders
January 18 2011 9:08 AM
Airbus has recorded highest sales in 2010, leaving behind its rival Boeing in airplane orders and deliveries for the third consecutive year, according to a company figure released on Monday.
- Airbus gets largest order in aviation industry from India
January 12 2011 3:25 AM
Aircraft manufacturer, Airbus, announced that the company has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with India's economy carrier Indigo for 180 eco-efficient Airbus A320 aircraft.
- Swiss International serves customers with new SWISS app
January 11 2011 11:23 AM
Swiss International Air Lines, known for its valued personal services, is now offering more convenience to its customers, thanks to a new application for iPhone and iPod touch.
- Commercial electric aircraft Elektra One to commence first flight
January 11 2011 10:54 AM
The roll-out of Elektra One with running engine first took place on November 22, 2010 at the Rotortec Company in Germany. This was followed by successful static tests on December 22 for the German Ultralight Certification.
- Boeing sends second round of relief items to Pakistan flood victims
January 08 2011 10:36 AM
Global aircraft manufacturer, Boeing, has once again partnered with Qatar Airways and the non-profit global health and disaster relief organization AmeriCares to deliver a second consignment of relief supplies to the flood-stricken areas in Pakistan.
- Hudson River splashdown aircraft lands in museum
January 06 2011 8:58 AM
The U.S. Airways jet that hit headlines for its miraculous emergency landing on Husdson River off New York City in 2009 will be a permanent exhibit at Carolinas Aviation Museum in Charlotte, North Carolina, which was the destination of the flight on the day of incidence.
- Air India gets $267 million government bailout
January 04 2011 1:16 PM
Air India, the largest airline of India that recorded an operational profit of about $4.9 million in November 2010, has been approved for a bailout with an infusion of $267 million by the Cabinet Committee for Economic Affairs (CCEA) of the country.
- Russia bans all Tu-154B aircrafts following explosion aboard
January 04 2011 10:55 AM
Following the explosion onboard Russian aircraft Tu-154B in Serbia on Saturday, the country’s Federal Transport Overseeing Service, Rostransnadzor, has asked airlines to ban services of the passenger jet until the causes of the explosion are known.