- Airbus signs MoU with Chinese air traffic management authorities
January 04 2011 10:55 AM
Airbus has agreed to assist the Air Traffic Management Bureau (ATMB) to introduce and implement new ATM technologies and practices in China under the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), the company said in a statement recently.
- Air New Zealand’s 777-300ER offer 'Spaceseats' and 'Cuddle Class' seating
January 02 2011 9:53 AM
Offering a whole new travelling experience to passengers is Air New Zealand's Boeing 777-300ERs with its innovative seat experience.
- A tryst with the world’s first nuclear war-bird
January 02 2011 9:52 AM
The XB-70 Valkyrie was much more than an exhibit at the National Museum of the US Air Force, Ohio. It was a unique concept turned to realty, pushing all the horizons of aeronautical engineering.
- Sahara India acquires Grosvenor House for 470 mln pounds
December 31 2010 7:55 AM
India's business conglomerate, Sahara India, announced on Thursday that the group acquired the iconic Grosvenor House hotel in London from The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc for 470 million pounds.
- Korean Air to launch its first A380 service
December 30 2010 10:34 AM
Global transportation network, Korean Air will launch its first A380 service in May 2011 with the entire upper deck of the aircraft devoted to business class flyers.
- Feds probe US pilot over YouTube video post
December 29 2010 11:42 AM
Government officials are probing the U.S. pilot who posted a number of videos on YouTube revealing security lapses at the San Francisco International Airport.
- Aircraft manufacturers eye lucrative Middle-East market
December 25 2010 11:58 AM
The business jet market involving key-players like Boeing, Airbus and Bombardier are targeting the Gulf buyers for trade involving million dollar aircraft purchase agreements.
- Private jets see surge in bookings as Europe undergoes snow chaos
December 24 2010 1:41 PM
In the midst of snow-related flight cancellations in Europe, private jets are now surging their bookings with quick alternative plans providing succour to stranded but wealthy passengers. Since the week leading up to Christmas is crucial for many stranded company executives in Europe who wish to return home
- Facebook promotes 'Social Shopping' of luxury brands
December 23 2010 12:26 PM
With over 500 million active users spending an average of 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook, there is no doubt as to why brands and retailers are turning towards Social Shopping on the popular networking site as a means to promote trade and branding.
- Roll-Royce powered Eurocopter X3 completes major milestone
December 23 2010 9:42 AM
The Rolls Royce-powered Eurocopter X3 completed its Step 1 speed objective attaining a total airspeed of 180 kts (333 km/hr) in level flight at a reduced level of engine power.
- CitationAir by Cessna offers fractional ownership of luxury aircrafts
December 12 2010 8:17 AM
Individuals can now consider the option of owning a luxury jet for their private travel without any concerns about capital investment, asset valuation risk and re-marketing fees associated with owning a share.
- Luxury airline Alitalia bags 'Best Airline Cuisine' award
December 09 2010 9:49 AM
Italy's leading airline, Alitalia, has been awarded 'Best Airline Cuisine' by the readers of Global Traveler magazine.
- Air Partner introduces aviation ‘matchmaking’ service
December 08 2010 10:30 AM
UK-based Air Partner has ventured into the expanding market of pre-owned commercial aircraft sales with the launch of its aviation 'matchmaking' service, the company said in a statement on October 30, 2010.
- Airbus confirms $1.3 bln investment to revamp A320 engines
December 02 2010 7:05 AM
Airbus, a unit of the European Aeronautic Defense and Space Co, on Wednesday confirmed its plans to invest $1.3 billion in upgrading its A320 jetliner with new state-of-the-art engines.
- Airbus to announce plans to upgrade A320 engines
December 01 2010 7:27 AM
European plane-maker, Airbus, is expected to announce today its plans to upgrade its best-selling A320 passenger jets with new engines supplied by General Electric Co. and Pratt & Whitney, sources familiar with the plans informed Reuters.