- GM Cadillac ATS to Challenge German Luxury Brands
January 09 2012 2:03 AM
American automotive manufacturer General Motors (GM) has thrown down the gauntlet to reigning luxury brands in the market like German companies BMW and Mercedes Benz, by unveiling its compact Cadillac ATS sports sedan.
- BMW tops Mercedes for US luxury car sales crown
January 06 2012 9:54 AM
BMW grabbed the top spot in the U.S. luxury auto market in 2011, edging out Daimler AG's Mercedes-Benz brand, as both German automakers took advantage of inventory problems for Toyota Motor Corp's Lexus lineup.
- BMW Overtakes Mercedes-Benz as Top-Selling Luxury Brand in U.S.
January 06 2012 12:53 AM
BMW AG has sealed its position as the most successful luxury brand in the U.S. in 2011 by outselling Daimler AG's Mercedes-Benz last month.
- Global automakers muscle in on India SUV market
January 05 2012 11:04 AM
Bigger is better for global automakers aggressively targeting growth in India's underdeveloped SUV market as the country's much-vaunted small car market stalls.
- German car sales accelerate 6.1 percent in December
January 04 2012 9:27 AM
German car sales rose 6.1 percent in December as consumers brushed off an uncertain economic environment and bought more compact cars, high-margin vans and luxury saloons.
- India's flashy new rich drive luxury car boom
January 03 2012 8:59 AM
From farmers who swapped fields for cash to 20-something CEOs that inherited the family business, hot new money is flooding India's luxury car market as roaring sportscar engines announce the country's growing wealth on its roads.
- BMW, Mercedes-Benz Compete for U.S. No 1 Luxury Car Tag
December 30 2011 1:25 AM
For the first time, two German auto manufacturers, BMW and Mercedes-Benz are competing head on for the coveted title of the No.1 selling luxury car in the United States.
- Toyota expects record sales in 2012
December 22 2011 10:07 AM
Japanese carmaker Toyota Motor forecast a 20 percent jump in 2012 sales to a record 8.48 million vehicles.
- GM to showcase sporty Sonic at Detroit auto show
December 19 2011 12:49 PM
General Motors Co will unveil next month a sporty version of its Chevrolet Sonic subcompact car for the 2013 model year in a bid to make the 100-year-old brand more appealing to younger buyers.
- George Harrison’s Aston Martin Sells for $547400
December 12 2011 1:44 AM
A 1964 Aston Martin belonging to English musician and actor George Harrison was sold for $547400 after intense bidding at an auction.
- Online Spending Stays Strong in Early December
December 11 2011 3:56 PM
Online spending remained strong in early December, a period that usually marks a lull in the U.S. holiday shopping frenzy, comScore said on Sunday.
- Chinese bank in Saab rescue talks
December 05 2011 11:52 AM
A Chinese bank is in talks about taking a stake in Saab, in the latest attempt to rescue the crisis-hit Swedish car maker after an earlier deal to secure its future ran into trouble.
- Toyota, BMW Join Hands on Green Technology
December 02 2011 3:56 PM
Toyota Motor Corp and BMW AG agreed on Thursday to join hands on a broad range of environmental technologies, forging a partnership between two engineering stalwarts in the increasingly competitive auto industry.
- Lexus Fashion Workshop - Creating Designer Collection from Dismantled Auto Parts (PHOTOS)
November 30 2011 3:40 AM
Luxury auto-maker, Lexus has embarked on a new creative journey by asking four fashion designers to rethink their notions of automotive designs for an upcoming advertising campaign for Vogue.
- Daimler to Stop Production of Ultra-Luxury Maybach Cars
November 26 2011 6:52 AM
German car corporation Daimler AG has decided to stop the production of its ultra-luxury Maybach brand due to the introduction of a revamped version of the flagship Mercedes-Benz S-Class by 2013.
- Rolls-Royce ‘Royal’ Cars Used by Princess Diana in U.S. to go on Public Display (PHOTOS)
November 24 2011 7:58 AM
Two luxury cars, made by British manufacturer Rolls-Royce Motors and used by the late Princess Diana during her visits to the United States, will go on public display at the Volo Auto Museum in Illinois, from Dec. 3 onwards.
- Top Car Debuts at the Los Angeles Auto Show 2011 [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
November 20 2011 7:55 AM
Top Car Debuts at the Los Angeles Auto Show 2011 [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
- Safe-haven status puts UAE luxury car sales in high gear
November 16 2011 11:05 AM
Mother-of pearl dashboards and diamond-encrusted hood ornaments at the Dubai International Motor Show this week underlined how the safe-haven status of the United Arab Emirates is fuelling dramatic growth in sales of luxury cars.
- Audi Wins Coveted ‘Golden Steering Wheel’ Award with A6
November 12 2011 5:08 AM
German automobile manufacturer, Audi, has won top honors in the Midsize/Luxury Class category, for its Audi A6, at the 2011 Golden Steering Wheel awards.
- Jaguar Platinum Access: Tailored Privilege Program for Owners
November 12 2011 12:34 AM
British luxury car manufacturer, Jaguar, has introduced a Jaguar Platinum Access program that will enable new owners to access a range of privileges and huge discounts.