- Google Buys Zagat; Price Not Disclosed
September 08 2011 12:06 PM
Search engine Google Inc. is buying Zagat Survey LLC, the widely used 32-year-old restaurant guide, for an undisclosed amount.
- German Lager Beer: Story of Yeast That Traveled From Patagonia to Bavaria
August 23 2011 1:30 AM
The mystery behind the birth of lager beer has been solved. Scientists have successfully traced the origin of the popular alcoholic beverage to a type of yeast, believed to have traveled 7,000 miles from Patagonia to Bavaria 500 years ago.
- Restaurant Bans Kids, Gets Acclaim
July 13 2011 8:57 PM
A restaurant in Pittsburgh suberb is banning kids.
- Chinese Americans Divided Over Ban of Shark Fin Soup in California
June 29 2011 4:34 PM
Chinese NBA star Yao Ming has led a PSA campaign to create awareness about the need to prohibit shark finning
- Top Chef Slips Four Huge Knives Past O'Hare Airport Security
June 16 2011 12:32 PM
TSA misses Paul Kahan's chef knives
- Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries' $65,000 Gift Registry: Halloween Wedding?
June 16 2011 11:51 AM
Couple's registry at Geary's Beverly Hills is public; says the wedding date is October 31
- Batali's Del Posto Tops Most Expensive Meal List
June 15 2011 12:04 PM
Bloomberg calculated the priciest prix-fixe meal in NYC
- Carrie Bradshaw Math: 'Sex and the City' character would have been 3,000,000,000,000 in debt
June 14 2011 5:21 PM
Whistle-blowing blogger calculates Carrie Bradshaw's income-to-expense ratio
- Must-Have iPhone Apps for Foodies (and Boozehounds)
June 13 2011 5:38 PM
User-generated, real-time apps dominate the foodie app market
- Sushi: The Global Catch: World Premiere at the Seattle International Film Festival
June 06 2011 7:07 PM
Will this documentary be the next 'The Cove', or 'Food Inc.' ?
- Stumptown Investor Comes Forward, But Questions Still Remain
June 02 2011 4:44 PM
Duane Sorenson and Alexander Panos tell the New York Times that Stumptown has not been sold; Sorenson runs the show
- Naomi Campbell Outraged over Chocolate Ad
June 02 2011 12:49 PM
Supermodel charges Cadbury with racism
- Robb Report Releases Best of the Best List
May 31 2011 5:31 PM
Luxury list accompanies the magazine's Ipad launch
- Chef Wolfgang Puck to oversee all dining operations at Hotel Bel-Air
May 30 2011 6:22 AM
Dorchester Collection's Hotel Bel-Air, scheduled to re-open in the fall after 24 months of extensive refurbishment and redesign, has inked an agreement with Master Chef Wolfgang Puck and his restaurant group, the Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group (WPFDG), to oversee all of the property's food and beverage operations.
- Men in the Kitchen: A Review of 'Man With a Pan'
May 25 2011 4:55 PM
Adriana Velez of Civil Eats review's John Donohue's anecdotal essays about home cooking written by a cross-section of fathers
- Top 50 Outdoor Dining Spots chosen by OpenTable Diners
May 25 2011 10:54 AM
OpenTable, the free restaurant reservation and customer review website, announced the top 50 restaurants voted as Great for Outdoor Dining by OpenTable diners
- First-Ever Escargot Sushi Roll to Debut Tonight
May 24 2011 6:02 PM
Chef Hiroyuki Zama Tanaka and Chef Pierre Calmels collaborated to create the Bibou Roll, which debuts on National Escargot Day
- Tornado Alley Menu Will Remain at Seattle Restaurant; But 25% of Proceeds Will Go to Tornado Victims
May 24 2011 3:50 PM
Queen Anne area restaurant finally recognizes their insensitivity. (Sort of).
- Cake Couture Creates Branded Confections
May 23 2011 3:52 PM
Cake Couture Marbella, based in Spain's Costa del Sol, prides itself on creating elaborate cake constructions using only edible ingredients. No request is too elaborate, and taste is never sacrificed. (via Cool & Marbelous)
- Top Chef Finalist Jen Carroll is Hiring!
May 23 2011 11:29 AM
Carroll is the Chef de Cuisine at 10 Arts, in Philadelphia's Ritz Carlton hotel