Jewelry & Watches
- Diamond Smuggler In Sri Lanka Swallows Precious Stone: It’s Not Just Drug Mules Who Try To Eat The Evidence
September 05 2012 3:55 PM
X-rays indicated that the diamond is trapped in his gullet and might be very difficult to extricate.
- Angelina Jolie's Engagement Ring Revealed During Sarajevo Film Festival
July 07 2012 6:43 PM
Angelina Jolie had not been photographed while wearing her engagement ring -- until now, that is!
- 10 Questions With Brooklyn?s ?Sorellina? Sisters, Kim And Nicole Carosella
June 21 2012 8:26 AM
Emeralds from Brazil. Yellow sapphires from India. Diamonds from South Africa. Fine jewelry might not immediately have you thinking of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, but sisters Kim and Nicole Carosella are hoping to change that.
- Mughal 'Mirror Diamond' Necklace on Sale for $20 Million
May 01 2012 4:54 PM
A Mirror Diamond necklace bearing five Mughal empire pendant diamonds with emerald drops has been offered for private sale at a price of $20 million, auction house Bonham's said on Monday.
- 'Reluctant Heiress' Jewels Sell for $21 Million at Auction
April 18 2012 4:57 PM
Jewels belonging to Huguette Clark, who was dubbed the reluctant heiress after choosing to spend her final years living in hospitals instead of her lavish homes, sold for $21 million at auction.
- Richemont Appoints de Quercize To Head Cartier
March 26 2012 4:11 PM
Swiss luxury goods group Richemont on Monday named group veteran Stanislas de Quercize as chief executive of top-of-the-range jewellery and watch maker Cartier, which makes a big chunk of group profit.
- All-Diamond Ring: First in the World, Worth $70 Million [PHOTO, VIDEO]
March 23 2012 2:16 PM
Meet the world's first all-diamond ring, carved from 150-carat pure sparkle.
- Tag Heuer Says Seiko Parts Won't Harm 'Swiss Made'
March 21 2012 5:19 PM
Watchmaker Tag Heuer, squeezed by a cut in supplies from Swiss rival Swatch, said on Wednesday sourcing parts from Japanese peer Seiko will not tarnish its prized Swiss made tag.
- Jaeger-LeCoultre UNESCO Online Auction Receives $14,606 Winning Bid (PHOTOS)
March 16 2012 2:14 AM
Swiss brand, Jaeger-LeCoultre in partnership with the UNESCO World Heritage Centre has received a winning bid of $14606 at its 4th annual online auction of the Deep Sea Vintage Chronograph on March.15, 2012.
- Watchmakers Target Female Market with Complex Pieces
March 14 2012 3:58 PM
Traditionally dominated by timepieces for men looking to show off their status with a Rolex or Omega, the $21 billion Swiss watchmaking industry is starting to design intricate watch movements for the neglected female market.
- Cameron Diaz is the New Brand Ambassador for Tag Heuer (PHOTOS)
March 11 2012 6:24 AM
Luxury brand Tag Heuer signed Hollywood star Cameron Diaz as the new face of the brand during the opening of the global watch event Baselworld 2012 in Switzerland.
- China Surpasses U.S. in Global Luxury Watch Demand
March 08 2012 1:38 AM
China has surpassed the United States as the country exhibiting the highest demand for luxury watches, says a survey.
- Luxury watchmakers see clouds on China 'Eldorado'
March 07 2012 4:21 PM
Luxury watchmakers are hoping a stronger-than-expected recovery in the United States and global exposure will help them sail through a more challenging market in China, where the days of unstoppable growth are ticking by.
- Cartier recalls its heritage with first film
March 01 2012 4:32 PM
French jeweller Cartier launched its first film on Thursday to set itself apart in an increasingly crowded luxury market by highlighting its 165-year heritage.
- Diamond at heart of royal upheavals up for sale
February 29 2012 11:59 AM
A diamond coveted by kings, queens and princes for centuries, used to reinforce alliances between nations and pawned to pay off royal debts goes on sale at Sotheby's in Geneva on May 15.
- Oscars 2012 Red Carpet: Close Look at Stunning Celebrity Jewelry and Accessories
February 29 2012 7:23 AM
When Celebrities walk on the red carpet for Oscar awards, they know very well that the world watches them. Their gowns, suits, clutches and jewelry ... everything is a sight to be seen. In fact, the awards are only half the fun at the Oscars and what is equally important there is fashion, and everyone knows that.
- Royal Beau Sancy Diamond from Golconda Mines to Go Under the Hammer
February 29 2012 4:03 AM
The Beau Sancy, one of the most celebrated diamonds of all time with a history of ownership by the Royal Families of France, England, Prussia and the House of Orange, has been put up for auction at Sotheby's Geneva.
- On Oscar red carpet, fewer jewels make stars shine
February 23 2012 5:17 PM
For weeks, Hollywood's actresses fret over what gowns to wear on the Oscar's red carpet, but choosing the right dress is only half the battle. Finding the right accessory is crucial.
- Filipa Fino Talks Fino File, Fashion Before Bloggers and Her Favorite Fall 2012 Trends
February 15 2012 9:26 AM
Filipa Fino, founder and editor of the Fino File, talked to IBTimes Fashion & Life about her new digital magazine, the fashion world before the blogger-phenom and all her favorite Fall 2012 trends.
- Richemont's Sales Surge Due to Asia's Booming Luxury Appetite
January 17 2012 12:44 AM
Swiss luxury goods company Compagnie Financière Richemont SA posted a sharp rise in its third quarter sales owing to an increased demand in luxury products in China and other Asian countries.