Jewelry & Watches
- Mont Blanc Creates Exclusive Princess Grace Kelly Collection (PHOTOS)
January 12 2012 8:12 AM
Luxury brand Mont Blanc has unveiled an exclusive collection for Princess Grace Kelly, comprising beautifully designed writing instruments, fine jewelry and exquisite timepieces.
- Ring Set with 2,525 Diamonds Enters Guinness Book of World Records
January 03 2012 2:23 AM
A diamond ring studded with 2,525 glittering diamonds has made it to the Guinness Book of World Records for having the most diamonds set in one ring.
- Hublot to Venture into Jewelry Market with New Scratch-Resistant Gold Alloy
December 27 2011 5:48 AM
Swiss enterprise Hublot, known for their luxury watches, is planning on a possible jewelry industry venture after the development of a new range of scratch resistant gold alloy.
- Fabergé to Celebrate ‘Gilded Youth’ With New Mario Testino Campaign
December 26 2011 12:28 AM
High-end luxury brand, Fabergé is all set to unveil a second campaign for spring aimed at a younger gilded audience.
- Wanna Buy a Watch? A How-to Guide for Christmas
December 20 2011 10:25 AM
From Hollywood hipsters to New York subterraneans, the watch has become the thing. Or, at least so the major newspapers would have you believe.
- Buyer beware: Taylor gems may take years to show profit
December 20 2011 10:20 AM
If ever there was a sale that begged a buyer beware disclaimer, it may be last week's auction of Elizabeth Taylor jewelry, gowns and art that fetched more than 400 times experts' estimate for at least one item.
- Liz Taylor’s Historic La Peregrina Pearl Necklace Fetches $11.8 Million
December 14 2011 1:32 AM
A 50.6-carat pearl given to Elizabeth Taylor by her one-time husband Richard Burton fetched a staggering $11.8-million at Christie's in New York Tuesday.
- Online Spending Stays Strong in Early December
December 11 2011 3:56 PM
Online spending remained strong in early December, a period that usually marks a lull in the U.S. holiday shopping frenzy, comScore said on Sunday.
- Top diamonds fail to sell at NY jewelry auction
December 09 2011 9:36 AM
Just days before one of the most anticipated jewelry sales in years, an auction of diamonds, sapphires and other gems produced middling results.
- Channel's Royal Luxury Show in Paris: Karl Largefeld's Impressive Indian-Paris Theme [PHOTOS]
December 07 2011 7:36 AM
Channel's Royal Luxury Show in Paris: Karl Largefeld's Impressive Indian-Paris Theme [PHOTOS]
- Demand for Luxury Watches in Asia Reaches Record High
November 24 2011 4:40 AM
Exports of Swiss luxury watches, particularly in Asia have reached an all-time high with China emerging as a major market for high-end products.
- High-End Fabergé Brand Back in London After Nearly 100 Years
November 23 2011 1:35 AM
Russian high-end jewelry brand, Fabergé has unveiled its first store in London after nearly a century-long gap.
- Dubai Diversifies With Push Into Diamonds
November 18 2011 12:00 PM
The United Arab Emirates, the world's fourth-largest oil exporter and home to gold trading hub Dubai, is rapidly becoming a force in trade of another highly valuable commodity: diamonds.
- Chinese Tourists on Global Luxury Spending Spree Driving Revenue at U.S. Retailers
November 17 2011 2:28 PM
In what appears to be a rapidly developing trend, Chinese visitors to the United States are being noticed more for the flash of their newly-bought designer bags than that of their Nikons. Tiffany & Co. (NYSE:TIF), Coach, Inc. (NYSE:COH) and Ralph Lauren (NYSE:RL) are just a few of the companies in the luxury retail sector that have recently noted how higher revenue at their North American operations has largely been boosted by Chinese shoppers on vacation.
- Christie’s First Online-Only Auction to Feature Elizabeth Taylor’s Jewelry
November 17 2011 1:55 AM
An online-only auction by Christie's from Dec.13 through 16 will feature a total of 950 belongings from Elizabeth Taylor's special jewelry collection.
- World’s Largest Pear-Shaped Yellow Diamond Sold for Record $12.36 Million
November 16 2011 1:48 AM
A huge yellow diamond fetched a world record price of $12.36 million at Sotheby’s Geneva auction in Switzerland on Tuesday.
- LVMH Acquires Swiss Watch Dial-Maker ArteCad
November 14 2011 10:33 PM
French luxury goods conglomerate, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton S.A. has announced that the company has acquired 100 percent shares of leading Swiss watch dial-maker, ArteCad.
- Oprah Winfrey Unveils Her 'Favorite Things’
November 12 2011 3:20 PM
Although Oprah's show is over, Oprah's Favorite Things remains. The media queen reveals her list in the December issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, reports People Style Watch.
- Richemont Warns of Impact of Global Economic Problems on Luxury Industry
November 12 2011 3:26 AM
Compagnie Financière Richemont S.A., the world's second largest luxury goods holding company, has warned of the impact that global economic problems could have if they hit the industry.
- LVMH says acquires Swiss supplier of watch dials
November 11 2011 9:50 AM
LVMH, the world's biggest luxury group, has acquired Swiss watch dial maker ArteCad.