Wine, Spirits & Cigars
- Best Travel Destinations For Fall 2012
August 17 2012 11:02 AM
Some travel destinations are best in the summer. Others in the winter. These 10 spots come alive in the fall.
- Cars, Cigars, Horses And Money: Conspicuous Consumption At The Saratoga Race Course
July 28 2012 1:21 PM
Big spending is alive and well at Saratoga, and it's part of why people keep coming back.
- Ultraviolet Restaurant: Shanghai Eatery Pairs Food, Wine, Light, Sound
July 13 2012 10:43 AM
Each course at Ultraviolet in Shanghai is served with a tailored set of visuals, sounds and smells.
- Burger King Bacon Sundae Review: Sickeningly Sweet
June 15 2012 3:19 PM
On Tuesday, Burger King announced its newest treat for the summer: A cup full of vanilla ice cream, chocolate and caramel sauce, and yes, that salty porky goodness known as bacon. Now that the bacon sundae is finally available, the IBTimes sent out three of its most valued reporters and asked them to taste Burger King's new sweet-and-smoky dessert.
- Spray That Makes You Drunk, WA|HH Quantum Sensations, Coming To Stores Soon
May 04 2012 11:43 AM
French American scientist and spray innovator David Edwards, recently unveiled his newest creation, an alcoholic spray that instantly gets the user drunk and wears off completely in just a few moments.
- Kentucky Derby 2012: How To Make An Authentic Mint Julep
April 30 2012 12:56 PM
Mint juleps are synonymous with the Kentucky Derby -- the first leg in horse racing's Triple Crown that gets underway Saturday at 5 p.m. EST on NBC.
- Remy Cointreau Toasts Chinese Cognac Boom
April 24 2012 12:58 PM
French spirits group Remy Cointreau expects full-year core profit growth of at least 15-18 percent, thanks to booming demand for premium cognac in Asia and notably China.
- Appeal of Organic Products Seeps into Wine Industry
April 17 2012 5:10 PM
The popularity of farm-to-table restaurants and organic produce is seeping into the wine industry as more producers adopt green practices.
- XXXX Island: Australian Brewery Leases Island for ‘Mates Trips’ [PHOTOS & VIDEO]
April 13 2012 3:21 PM
According to Australian brewery XXXX: No man is an island. But every man deserves one.
- Carlsberg Sells Copenhagen Brewery Site in $441 Million Deal
April 12 2012 2:14 PM
Danish brewer Carlsberg is to sell most of a former Copenhagen brewery site to a group of investors for 2.5 billion Danish crowns.
- The Spirited Traveler: Mojitos Reign Over Miami's Cocktail Scene
April 10 2012 4:20 PM
Miami has long suffered from multiple personality disorder -- is this a city for work or play, for early-bird retirees or late-night party animals?
- Sotheby's Toasts Stellar HK Wine Sales, Art Sales Mixed
April 03 2012 3:34 PM
Global auction house Sotheby's kicked off its spring sales in Hong Kong by selling all lots in a two-day wine sale, outstripping expectations, but the picture was less clear for its Asian and Chinese art sales as buyers became more selective.
- Italy Winemakers Seek Fashion Boost on Global Stage
March 26 2012 4:14 PM
Italy's top winemakers are joining forces with the country's luxury goods elite as the world's second-biggest wine producer tries to give itself an edge in the battle for U.S. and emerging market customers amid falling consumption at home.
- China's Palate Ripens for European Vineyards, Chateaux
March 13 2012 4:46 PM
Chinese state-owned firms, private corporations and wealthy individuals are buying European vineyards as they look to capitalize on a growing domestic thirst for foreign wine.
- Road Trip USA: Kentucky’s Bluegrass & Bourbon Trail
March 13 2012 2:14 PM
Winding along country roads exploring historic bourbon distilleries and listening to the sounds of the rolling hills, Kentucky's Bluegrass Country will overwhelm you with its gentle, honest charm.
- Chateau Beijing: Chinese buying up Bordeaux estates
March 06 2012 3:34 PM
You could hardly do better than Chateau du Grand Moueys if you were looking for a metaphor to demonstrate Chinese interests in European wines, luxury goods and travel.
- The Spirited Traveller: Fruity cocktail infusions in Jakarta
February 29 2012 11:55 AM
Welcome to Jakarta, also known as the Big Durian.
- Moet Hennessy wants to make premium red wine in China
February 23 2012 5:14 PM
French wine and spirits maker Moet Hennessy wants to produce a super-premium red wine at the foot of the Himalayan mountains in southern China.
- George Washington Chicken Nugget: Rebekah Speights Auctions Off Presidential McNugget
February 23 2012 4:35 PM
Rebekah Speights, a resident of Dakota City, Iowa, is auctioning off a McDonald's chicken nugget that she says looks a lot like America's first president, George Washington.
- Chinese Wine? Moet Hennessy to Produce Premium Reds at the Foot of the Himalaya
February 23 2012 2:01 PM
French wine and spirits maker Moet Hennessy wants to produce a super-premium red wine at the foot of the Himalayan mountains in southern China, targeting the palates of the country's wealthy wine drinkers, in a move whose results won't be known for years.