Wine, Spirits & Cigars
- Beaujolais Nouveau launches extraordinary 2011
November 17 2011 2:39 PM
Wine lovers will get their first taste of the much-talked about 2011 harvest on Thursday as the Beaujolais Nouveau hits the bars and shelves of France and the wider world.
- Moet & Chandon Announced Official Champagne of ATP World Tour
November 16 2011 3:47 AM
French luxury alcoholic beverage brand, Moet & Chandon, announced on Wednesday that the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) and it had reached an agreement to declare Moet & Chandon as the official champagne and global partner of the ATP World Tour, which is the men's professional tennis circuit.
- LVMH Acquires Swiss Watch Dial-Maker ArteCad
November 14 2011 10:33 PM
French luxury goods conglomerate, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton S.A. has announced that the company has acquired 100 percent shares of leading Swiss watch dial-maker, ArteCad.
- Oprah Winfrey Unveils Her 'Favorite Things’
November 12 2011 3:20 PM
Although Oprah's show is over, Oprah's Favorite Things remains. The media queen reveals her list in the December issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, reports People Style Watch.
- France set to overtake Italy as top wine producer
November 10 2011 9:45 AM
France is set to overtake Italy to reclaim its title as the world's top wine producer this year.
- Lionfish Invade the Gulf, Chefs Think of New Ways to Serve Them
November 02 2011 2:43 PM
The lionfish has invaded the Gulf Coast, making a cozy home in the seas of South Florida. Since the lionfish is not native to the area, in the Gulf Coast waters of South Florida, the lionfish has no natural predators. Hence, its population has skyrocketed. That is why the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has launched the Eat Sustainable, Eat Lionfish campaign to help curb this growth.
- Google Paid $151 Million for Zagat: Filing
October 27 2011 1:11 AM
Google Inc paid $151 million in cash to acquire popular restaurant review guide Zagat in September, the Internet company said in a regulatory filing on Wednesday.
- Banana Republic, Clos du Bois Winery Introduces Limited Edition Collection
October 22 2011 7:52 AM
For the holiday season, Banana Republic and Clos du Bois Wineryhas unveiled limited-edition wine bottles adorned with festive labels designed by Banana Republic Creative Director Simon Kneen.
- Sotheby’s Hong Kong Autumn Wine Sale Nets Nearly $13 million
October 03 2011 1:17 AM
Sotheby's Hong Kong two-day wine sale of the autumn season concluded with a combined total of $12.7 million.
- Drinking Alcohol, Good for Middle-aged Women: Study
September 10 2011 2:30 AM
A new study by Harvard University researchers suggest that women who drink alcohol in reasonable quantity and time, have better chances to be in good physical and mental health in old age, then non-drinkers.
- Cheap Wine! A Guide to South America’s Best Regions
July 18 2011 5:03 PM
Discover some of the best places in South America for wine on a budget. You'll want to read this before your next trip to the wine store!
- Jon Bon Jovi Gambling Pal Don Johnson Buys World's Most Expensive Bottle of Bubbly
June 29 2011 1:18 PM
30-liter Bottle of Armand De Brignac cost $269,000 USD
- $40,000 Bottle of Champagne is Oldest in the World
June 29 2011 11:56 AM
A Singapore restaurateur spent $42,758 on an 1841 bottle of Veuve Cliquot
- Drunk Driver Turns Himself In
June 28 2011 2:46 PM
Utah man faces felony DUI charge
- NYC: Where your cigarette money goes
June 21 2011 2:08 PM
If the physical ramifications of smoking aren't enough to deter customers from lighting up, maybe a clearer picture of the financial ramifications will.
- Ladies Day Brawl at Royal Ascot; Elizabeth Hurley, Queen Elizabeth [PHOTOS]
June 16 2011 3:05 PM
An unladylike brawl broke out on Ladies Day at Royal Ascot - but it was the men throwing the punches. UK's Mail Online reported that a group of eight men were mauling each other with champagne bottles and broken chair legs, causing one men to suffer a two-inch cut on the back of his head. Two onlookers told the paper that a young, attractive blond ignited the brawl, and that the men involved appeared to be friends - at least earlier in the day. The altercation took place next to a ch...
- Dallas Mavericks $110,000 Bar Tab Worth Every Penny, Says Mark Cuban
June 16 2011 2:21 PM
Team celebrated with a $90,000 bottle of Armand de Brignac
- Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries' $65,000 Gift Registry: Halloween Wedding?
June 16 2011 11:51 AM
Couple's registry at Geary's Beverly Hills is public; says the wedding date is October 31
- Carrie Bradshaw Math: 'Sex and the City' character would have been 3,000,000,000,000 in debt
June 14 2011 5:21 PM
Whistle-blowing blogger calculates Carrie Bradshaw's income-to-expense ratio
- Champagne is Weapon of Choice for 'Real Housewives'
June 14 2011 12:18 PM
Teresa Guidice and Housewives castmates are in legal hot water again