Wine, Spirits & Cigars
- LVMH holds over 20 percent stake in Hermes, possible takeover
December 22 2010 9:17 AM
French holding company, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, increased its stake in Hermes International SCA to over 20 percent, the company said in a statement on Tuesday.
- Moët & Chandon celebrates 13th British Independent Film Awards
December 14 2010 9:46 AM
Cinema's champagne of choice, Moët & Chandon, joined forces with the British film industry this year to announce the Moët British Independent Film Awards.
- Lord Webber brings his personal wine collection to Hong Kong
December 09 2010 11:05 AM
A committed and knowledgeable collector of wine, Lord Lloyd Webber has built up a magnificent cellar over many years, part of which will be offered for sale at Sotheby's Hong Kong on January 22, 2011.
- Greene King interim profits rise 17 pct, LFL food sales up 8.5 pct
December 03 2010 7:55 AM
U.K.'s Greene King Plc, the brewer of Old Speckled Hen ale, reported a 17 percent rise in interim pretax profits, driven by strong like-for-like (LFL) sales growth at its Retail division.
- Marston’s says strong start to new year, LFL sales up
December 02 2010 9:30 AM
Brewer and pubs group Marston’s Plc said it has made a strong start to the new financial year even as it reported a rise in profits for the 52 weeks ended Oct. 2.
- Hacienda La Capilla unveils world’s most expensive tequila
November 25 2010 7:50 AM
Mexican distiller Hacienda La Capilla, has unveiled a 1.3 litter tequila bottle called 'The Diamond Sterling' on Monday hoping to break the Guinness World Record for the world's most expensive bottle.
- Fuller Smith interim profits rise 11 pct as occupancy improves
November 19 2010 7:44 AM
British pubs group Fuller Smith & Turner reported a 11 percent rise in its first half pretax profits as occupancy improved and food sales grew strongly at its Managed Pubs and Hotels segment.
- Author Mark Oldman inspires readers to “drink bravely”
November 16 2010 12:35 PM
American entrepreneur and renowned wine critic Mark Oldman has released his new book 'Brave New World of Wine' published by New York-based W.W.Norton & Company. Through this book, the author aims to inspire readers to drink bravely.
- Majestic Wine interim profits up 20 pct; lifts dividend
November 15 2010 7:38 AM
Majestic Wine Plc, UK's largest wine warehouse chain, reported a 20 percent rise in first-half pretax profit as sales rose on substantial increase in active customers, and the company lifted its interim dividend by 17.9 percent to 3.3 pence.